Thu, Aug. 27, 12:47 PM
Fri, Aug. 21, 8:03 AM
Thu, Aug. 20, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jun. 30, 12:47 PM
Tue, May 26, 12:48 PM
Thu, May 21, 4:18 PM
Wed, May 20, 5:35 PM
Tue, May 19, 10:03 AM
- Ross Stores (NASDAQ:ROST) is up 1.62% and Gordmans Stores (NASDAQ:GMAN) has added 2.52% as a report from TJX Companies (TJX +3.1%) earlier today shows some strength in the off=price sector.
- Stein Mart (SMRT +0.2%), Citi Trends (CTRN +0.2%), and Burlington Stores (BURL +2.4%) are also out ahead of market averages.
- The S&P Retail ETF (NYSEARCA:XRT) is -0.5% with retail giant Wal-Mart's Q1 report exerting plenty of gravity.
- Previously: TJX Companies outruns retail peers in Q1
- Previously: Bottom line pressured at Wal-Mart in Q1
- Related ETFs: XLY, VCR, RTH, RETL, FXD, FDIS, RCD, PMR, PEZ, PSCD.
Mon, Mar. 30, 12:45 PM
Fri, Mar. 20, 12:45 PM
Thu, Mar. 19, 4:53 PM
- Gordmans Stores (NASDAQ:GMAN) is up 4.4% in after-hours trading after a 7.4% gain in the regular session.
- Q4 earnings were reported after the bell.
- The company ended the quarter in a more solid inventory position and cut down its rate of comparable-store sales declines from preceding quarters.
- Gordmans expects the Q1 comp to be flat to a low single-digit decline.
- Previously: Gordmans Stores beats by $0.04, beats on revenue
Thu, Mar. 19, 4:04 PM
Wed, Mar. 18, 5:35 PM
Thu, Feb. 19, 1:49 PM
- If Target (NYSE:TGT) were to match Wal-Mart's employee wage increases it works out to about an extra $560M in annual compensation, according to some rough analysis from Hedgeye.
- Cowen & Company is of a like mind, noting other retail companies may feel pressure to adjust their wage structure.
- Retail watch: Target is down 1.20% on the day, while Gordmans Stores (NASDAQ:GMAN) is off 1.1% and Big Lots (NYSE:BIG) is down 0.7%. Gap (NYSE:GPS) is +0.9% with hourly wage increases already fired off by the company last year.
- Previously: Slump continues at Five Below
- Previously: Target lower after Wal-Mart adjusts wage structure
Nov. 21, 2014, 10:31 AM
- Gordmans Stores <<GMAN>> comparable-store sales fell 7.8% in Q3.
- Gross margin rate declined 38 bps to 43.92% due to lower initial mark-up and higher shrink and inventory obsolescence reserves.
- SG&A expense rate increased 260 bps to 45.3%.
- Inventory +0.76% Y/Y to $150.40M.
- Store count +5.38% Y/Y to 98.
- Q4 Guidance: Net sales: $198M to $202M; Comparable-store sales: mid-single digit decrease; Gross margin rate: improvement ~40 to 60 bps; SG&A: deleveraging of expenses; EPS: $0.03 to $0.08;
Nov. 21, 2014, 8:03 AM
GMAN vs. ETF Alternatives
Gordman's Stores Inc is an off-price department store chain with large selection of latest brands, fashions and styles. Its merchandise assortment includes apparel for all ages, accessories, footwear and home decor.
Other News & PR