Mon, Aug. 24, 1:55 PM
- Treehouse Foods (THS +1.3%) is higher after M&A talk picks up again.
- The company is reported to be in the hunt for Conagra's Ralcorp business.
- Also making a contrarian move today is Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +1%).
- SA contributor Brian Nichols notes the company's +2% dividend yield provides a backstop. GMCR is -62% YTD, but has leveled out over the last week.
Thu, Aug. 20, 2:35 AM
- Yesterday was the 11th anniversary since Google's (GOOG, GOOGL) initial public offering, and there's no doubt the company has had a remarkable run (Class A shares +1,277%).
- Although the online advertising giant has given a massive return to investors, there are still 13 stocks that outperformed Google since 8/19/2004:
- Alexion Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:ALXN); Amazon (NASDAQ:AMZN); Apple (NASDAQ:AAPL); Celgene (NASDAQ:CELG); Gilead Sciences (NASDAQ:GILD); Intuitive Surgical (NASDAQ:ISRG); Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR); Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST); Netflix (NASDAQ:NFLX); Priceline (NASDAQ:PCLN); Regeneron Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:REGN); salesforce.com (NYSE:CRM); Vertex Pharmaceuticals (NASDAQ:VRTX).
Thu, Aug. 6, 12:43 PM
Thu, Aug. 6, 9:29 AM
- The freefall of Keurig Green Mountain's (NASDAQ:GMCR) share price has investment firms scrambling to catch up.
- Many price targets are being cut in half as bullish scenarios are wadded up.
- On the other side of the coin, GMCR has now fallen below where Greenlight Capital closed out its well-publicized short position.
- Keurig has fallen to a level where activist investors could pressure management for major changes or a takeover bid (Coca-Cola or external) is offered up on a value play off the brand.
- GMCR -28.65% premarket to $53.50.
Thu, Aug. 6, 9:15 AM
Thu, Aug. 6, 8:00 AM
- Confidence in Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) erodes after the company lowered guidance and announced it would reduce its workforce by 5%.
- The job reduction is the largest in the company's history.
- Execs with Keurig Green Mountain acknowledged competitive pressure in the marketplace without going into specifics during the firm's earnings call.
- The sharp drop in GMCR share price is relevant to Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) which has a 16% stake in the company.
- Earnings call transcript
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue (Aug. 05 2015)
- Previously: Sales fall at Keurig Green Mountain, new $1B buyback unveiled (Aug. 05 2015)
- GMCR -30.19% premarket to $52.34.
Wed, Aug. 5, 5:38 PM
Wed, Aug. 5, 4:11 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) issues a roughly in-line report for FQ3.
- Portion pack revenue increased fell 1% to $815M.
- Sales of brewers and accessories declined 26% to $952M during the period. A shift in product mix impacted results.
- The company's gross margin rate fell 750 bps to 36.0%. Unfavorable green coffee costs and brewer mix both chipped away at margins by at least 200 bps.
- Non-GAAP operating income rate -560 bps to 18.2%.
- A new $1B buyback program is authorized.
- Guidance: A sales decline at at low-single to mid-single digit rate is expected for FY15. FQ4 EPS of $0.70-$0.75 seen.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain beats by $0.01, misses on revenue
- GMCR-1.07% AH to $74.18.
Wed, Aug. 5, 4:01 PM
Mon, Jul. 20, 10:08 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +2.4%) is higher after KeyBanc defends the stock in a new note.
- The investment firm thinks the market has more than factored in Keurig's execution issues and sees upside for both the Hot and Kold platforms.
- Channel checks from KeyBanc on brewer sales are "incrementally positive" and tip that a corner may have been turned.
- GMCR -46.1% YTD.
Mon, Jul. 13, 2:51 PM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.2%) haven't fallen far enough to entice Wedbush Securities as the company whacks its price target on the brewer and accessories seller and reiterates a Neutral rating.
- "We believe the company is unlikely to experience a meaningful earnings growth reacceleration and therefore deserves its current discount to historical averages," reads the analyst note.
- Other investment firms have also lowered earnings estimates on GMCR due to some concerns over Keurig Kold.
- GMCR -42.9% YTD.
Mon, Jul. 6, 2:14 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -3.6%) is slammed after SunTrust cut its stock price target to $70 from $95, citing a loss of market share to the likes of Kraft Heinz (KHC), JM Smucker (NYSE:SJM) and Starbuck (NASDAQ:SBUX).
- The firm thinks GMCR will need to address share losses for its company-owned brands sooner rather than later, which will pressure earnings; market share for GMCR-owned brands have dropped to 28% from 35% over the past year and posted a 5% sales decline and 12% volume decline in the most recent four-week period, according to Nielsen, lost to GMCR’s licensed partners which have stronger brands and are promoting their products more than GMCR.
- SunTrust says it does not believe GMCR wants simply to be a contract manufacturer for the industry; GMCR will need to step up promotions in the coming months while working through its higher-cost coffee hedges, which the firm cites as the key reason behind its FY 2015 earnings reduction.
Wed, Jul. 1, 8:21 AM
- J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM) cuts prices on packaged coffee products by an average of 6%.
- The reduced pricing impacts products sold under the Folgers and Dunkin' Donuts brand names.
- Wholesale coffee prices have moderated over the last six months (Robusta chart).
- Related stocks: KRFT, GMCR, DNKN, OTCPK:RBGLY, OTCPK:RBGPF, SBUX.
Thu, Jun. 18, 12:38 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +0.1%) has showed a nice upward trend during summer over the last five years, notes S&P Capital IQ.
- The company has generated an average return of 20.6% during the season to top the list of S&P 500 stocks showing a positive return each of the last five years.
- Keurig also has the highest upside potential to the average analyst price target of the group.
Fri, Jun. 12, 8:49 AM| 2 Comments
Fri, Jun. 5, 9:28 AM
- Morgan Stanley revises estimates on Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) to adjust for a slower rollout of the Kold platform, but keeps an Overweight rating locked in place.
- The investment firm sees the core "hot" business generating 7% revenue growth in 2016 just as the innovative "cold" business starts to hit results.
- The new price target on GMCR from Morgan is $130 from $140.
- GMCR +0.54% premarket to $83.34.
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR