May. 13, 2014, 3:59 PM
- Today’s news that Coca-Cola (KO +0.6%) has increased its equity position in Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +7.5%) to 16% from the original 10% purchase leads Canaccord analysts to believe that KO favorably views GMCR's positioning and growth opportunity in coffee, and has confidence in the upcoming Keurig Cold launch.
- Regardless of the timing of adding to its stake, Canaccord says the move illustrates the value in single-serve and with Coke as a 16% holder, "the strongest potential partner in cold beverages is fully engaged" with a significant material interest in the upcoming Keurig Cold launch, and the stake also could boost GMCR's valuation reflecting the addition of a premium over the speculation of a future take-out by KO.
May. 13, 2014, 9:15 AM
May. 13, 2014, 7:29 AM| 8 Comments
May. 8, 2014, 9:16 AM
May. 7, 2014, 5:45 PM
May. 7, 2014, 4:33 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) +6.4% AH as FQ2 earnings and revenues beat estimates, buoyed by strong coffee sales and cost cuts.
- Sales of single-serve packs rose 13% to $898M, while sales of brewers and accessories rose 8.5%.
- FQ2 gross profit increased 10% and gross margin improved to 41.5% from 41.3%.
- Sees FY 2014 EPS of $3.63-$3.73 vs $3.72 analyst consensus estimate; sees revenues in the high single digits.
- Says it is expanding its partnership with J.M. Smucker (SJM) with a multi-year agreement to make and sell Folgers and other SJM brands in formats that work with new Keurig brewing systems.
- Authorizes a new share repurchase program of up to $1B over the next two years.
May. 7, 2014, 4:15 PM| 4 Comments
May. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ANAC, ANDE, APU, AR, ASYS, ATLS, ATO, AVG, AWK, BALT, BKD, BODY, BREW, BRKR, CAR, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLR, CODI, COUP, CSLT, CTL, CTRP, CXW, CZR, DCTH, DK, DYN, ERII, ESS, EXPD, FANG, FMI, FNV, FURX, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTAT, GTY, HAIN, HK, HNSN, IL, IPAR, KGC, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGP, LHCG, LPSN, LXU, MCP, MDR, MHLD, MIDD, MKL, MM, MRIN, MWE, NKTR, NLY, NRP, NSTG, NVAX, NVEC, NVTL, OSUR, PAA, PGTI, PHH, PL, PMT, PNNT, PODD, POWR, PRU, QEP, QTM, RATE, REG, RIG, RNDY, RST, SCMP, SCTY, SD, SFM, SN, SWM, TCAP, TGB, TGI, TROX, TSLA, TWO, TWTC, TXTR, UGI, UIL, UNM, WGL, WR, WTR, XOMA, Z.
Apr. 28, 2014, 1:03 PM
- Single-serve brewing system sales rose 8% last year to $930M, although some key markets showed signs of saturation.
- Retail sales of single-serve brewing systems were flat in New York City, while they actually fell off in Washington, DC (-2%) and Boston (-3%).
- 19% of pod-based machine sales were online during the period.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX
Apr. 28, 2014, 7:40 AM
- Coffee prices could keep rising as fresh estimates on Brazil's coffee harvest point to more weakness.
- Marex Spectrom expects a harvest in the 2014-2015 season of 49M bags vs. a prior forecast of 55M bags and 53.3M bags a year ago.
- Analysts say the Arabica supply situation is deteriorating due to harsh weather in Brazil
- Related stocks: SBUX, GMCR, JVA
- Related ETFs: JO
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:34 PM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -4.4%) fall after a report from Israel indicates Starbucks is closing in on taking a 10% stake in SodaStream.
- Earlier this year, Keurig fired the first shot in the at-home beverage war by deciding to partner with Coca-Cola.
- There's some debate amongst industry insiders on what the new lineup card will do to Starbucks' existing deal with Keurig Green Mountain which clearly benefits both firms.
Apr. 8, 2014, 1:37 PM
- Insider buying is up several consumer staples companies, notes InsiderScore.
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%), Fairway Group (FWM +0.7%), and Fresh Market (TFM +2.3%) have all seen high-level execs snap up some shares recently.
- Most of the purchases were made on news-related dips.
- SEC filings: GMCR, FWM, TFM
Mar. 25, 2014, 1:05 PM
- Coffee futures show increasing volatility as strong rains in Brazil bring relief to the drought-stricken region.
- A measure of volatility on the 60-day Arabica futures contract hit its highest level since 2000 as prices eased back to $1.743 a pound earlier today.
- Citi forecasts prices will fall in range of $1.51 to $2.25 over the next few quarters as the impact of the drought lingers.
- Related stocks: SBUX, GMCR, JVA, DNKN
- Related ETFs: JO
Mar. 24, 2014, 2:38 PM| 19 Comments
Mar. 17, 2014, 8:11 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) start the week with a full head of steam after being tapped late last week to be added to the S&P 500.
- The stock could break out of its range due to some momentum it's building up off the Starbucks deal and S&P 500 inclusion, forecasts retail analysts. A breach of the 52-week high of $124.42 is the mark to watch.
- GMCR +2.9% premarket tp $116.48.
Mar. 14, 2014, 6:05 PM
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR