Aug. 22, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 22, 2014, 9:41 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +8.5%) and Kraft Foods Group (KRFT +0.3%) sign a new licensing deal which will see Kraft-branded packs sold for Keurig commercial and consumer coffee brewing systems in the U.S.
- Distribution will begin this fall.
- Financial terms of the arrangement weren't disclosed.
- What to watch: The deal is a bit of a coup for Keurig with Kraft selling unlicensed K-cup packets previously.
Aug. 22, 2014, 9:15 AM
Aug. 21, 2014, 12:22 PM
- Williams Capital Group weighs in on Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +0.4%) in front of the launch of Keurig 2.0 and Keurig Cold.
- The investment firm sees operating margin expansion of 216 bps in FY14, down from a prior estimate. Revenue growth is forecast at 7.0% vs 7.5% prior.
- Despite the adjusted estimates, Williams notes headwinds from lower coffee costs and holiday brewer sales.
- Williams' takes its PT on GMCR to $131 from $125 on a blended 2014-2015 multiple of 32.
Aug. 14, 2014, 8:50 AM
- Though Keurig Green Mountain's (NASDAQ:GMCR) price hike for K-cup packs follows similar moves by J.M. Smucker and Kraft Foods, analysts think consumers might put up some resistance at the higher levels.
- The impact on margins is already being hotly debated.
- The company plans to launch the Keurig 2.0 hot system this fall which will test the market for multiple-serving coffee machines.
- The initiative to launch a Keurig cold system in partnership with Coca-Cola is on track for a FY15 launch. Will it be in retail stores before the holiday shopping season?
Aug. 14, 2014, 7:52 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports portion pack sale rose 10% to $826M in FQ3 to help offset a 4% decline in brewer and accessory sales.
- Product pack volume added 15 percentage points of sales growth, while product mix and pricing had a negative impact.
- Gross margin rate +140 bps to 43.5% due to favorable green coffee costs and gains in logistics productivity.
- Inventory -5.5% Y/Y to $639M.
- The company sees FQ4 EPS of $0.68-$0.75 vs. $0.86 consensus.
- GMCR -3.1% AH
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:02 PM
Aug. 5, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, AGU, ALDW, ANAD, ANDE, AR, ATML, ATO, AWK, BIOS, BIRT, BKD, BREW, BWC, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLDX, CNVR, CODI, COUP, CPA, CPE, CRL, CSII, CSOD, CTL, CXO, CXW, DCTH, DEPO, DK, DNB, DXCM, DYN, ECOL, EFC, ELON, ENS, ENV, ERII, ESS, ETE, ETP, EVC, EXAR, FLTX, FNV, FOXA, FTK, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTY, HI, HIL, IL, INN, INWK, IO, ITMN, IXYS, JACK, KEG, KND, KW, LGP, LHCG, LNT, MBI, MCP, MG, MHLD, MNTX, MRIN, MTDR, MUSA, MWE, NBIX, NLY, NPSP, NRP, NVAX, NVTL, OILT, OSUR, PAA, PACD, PKT, PMT, PPO, PRI, PRU, PRXL, PTLA, QEP, RAIL, REG, RGP, RIG, RJET, RLOC, RNDY, RXN, SAAS, SAPE, SD, SGI, SLF, SN, SSNI, SSRI, SWM, SXL, SYMC, TCAP, TEG, TEP, THOR, THRX, TNGO, TRMR, TROX, TWO, TXTR, UHAL, UIL, WGL, WR, WTI, XNPT, YY, ZU
Jul. 31, 2014, 9:15 AM
- SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA) is upgraded by Barclays to an Equal Weight rating from Underweight.
- The company's Q2 results topped expectations yesterday and execs were full of confidence over a potential competing product from Coca-Cola and Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) which they seem to hint won't meet consumer expectations.
- CEO Daniel Birnbaum:"So here there is a philosophical departure between us and say Coca-Cola or Green Mountain and we have to play this out. First of all, I’d love to see their product and I don’t know why it’s been delayed, but we want to see the product, we want to see that it works, because we can also tell stories."
- SODA earnings call transcript
- SODA flat in premarket trading.
Jul. 9, 2014, 7:28 AM
Jul. 1, 2014, 7:31 AM
Jun. 27, 2014, 7:38 AM| 1 Comment
Jun. 26, 2014, 3:56 PM
- Dougherty (apparently citing IRI) reports Keurig (GMCR -2%) saw 11.5% Y/Y K-Cup unit growth over the 4 weeks ending June 15. That's an improvement from the 8.9% reported in the prior 4-week period, but still slower than the 15.4% growth seen in the period before that one.
- Expectations are high following a 59% YTD rally fueled by strong earnings reports reports and the Coca-Cola deal.
- Keurig's portion pack sales rose 13% Y/Y in the March quarter to $898.2M, thanks largely to a 15% increase in sales volume.
Jun. 19, 2014, 10:15 AM
Jun. 17, 2014, 2:49 PM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +5.2%) race to new all-time highs on a momentum swing.
- On the fundamental side of the equation, analysts continue to edge long-term earnings estimates higher on Keurig with the firm's partnerships with Subway and Coca-Cola looking promising.
- GMCR traded at over $128 a share before settling back.
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR