May. 6, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACAS, ANAC, ANDE, APU, AR, ASYS, ATLS, ATO, AVG, AWK, BALT, BKD, BODY, BREW, BRKR, CAR, CDE, CDXS, CF, CLR, CODI, COUP, CSLT, CTL, CTRP, CXW, CZR, DCTH, DK, DYN, ERII, ESS, EXPD, FANG, FMI, FNV, FURX, GEOS, GMCR, GPOR, GTAT, GTY, HAIN, HK, HNSN, IL, IPAR, KGC, KIM, KND, KW, LCI, LGP, LHCG, LPSN, LXU, MCP, MDR, MHLD, MIDD, MKL, MM, MRIN, MWE, NKTR, NLY, NRP, NSTG, NVAX, NVEC, NVTL, OSUR, PAA, PGTI, PHH, PL, PMT, PNNT, PODD, POWR, PRU, QEP, QTM, RATE, REG, RIG, RNDY, RST, SCMP, SCTY, SD, SFM, SN, SWM, TCAP, TGB, TGI, TROX, TSLA, TWO, TWTC, TXTR, UGI, UIL, UNM, WGL, WR, WTR, XOMA, Z.
Apr. 28, 2014, 1:03 PM
- Single-serve brewing system sales rose 8% last year to $930M, although some key markets showed signs of saturation.
- Retail sales of single-serve brewing systems were flat in New York City, while they actually fell off in Washington, DC (-2%) and Boston (-3%).
- 19% of pod-based machine sales were online during the period.
- Related stocks: GMCR, SBUX
Apr. 28, 2014, 7:40 AM
- Coffee prices could keep rising as fresh estimates on Brazil's coffee harvest point to more weakness.
- Marex Spectrom expects a harvest in the 2014-2015 season of 49M bags vs. a prior forecast of 55M bags and 53.3M bags a year ago.
- Analysts say the Arabica supply situation is deteriorating due to harsh weather in Brazil
- Related stocks: SBUX, GMCR, JVA
- Related ETFs: JO
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:34 PM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -4.4%) fall after a report from Israel indicates Starbucks is closing in on taking a 10% stake in SodaStream.
- Earlier this year, Keurig fired the first shot in the at-home beverage war by deciding to partner with Coca-Cola.
- There's some debate amongst industry insiders on what the new lineup card will do to Starbucks' existing deal with Keurig Green Mountain which clearly benefits both firms.
Apr. 8, 2014, 1:37 PM
- Insider buying is up several consumer staples companies, notes InsiderScore.
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%), Fairway Group (FWM +0.7%), and Fresh Market (TFM +2.3%) have all seen high-level execs snap up some shares recently.
- Most of the purchases were made on news-related dips.
- SEC filings: GMCR, FWM, TFM
Mar. 25, 2014, 1:05 PM
- Coffee futures show increasing volatility as strong rains in Brazil bring relief to the drought-stricken region.
- A measure of volatility on the 60-day Arabica futures contract hit its highest level since 2000 as prices eased back to $1.743 a pound earlier today.
- Citi forecasts prices will fall in range of $1.51 to $2.25 over the next few quarters as the impact of the drought lingers.
- Related stocks: SBUX, GMCR, JVA, DNKN
- Related ETFs: JO
Mar. 24, 2014, 2:38 PM| 19 Comments
Mar. 17, 2014, 8:11 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR) start the week with a full head of steam after being tapped late last week to be added to the S&P 500.
- The stock could break out of its range due to some momentum it's building up off the Starbucks deal and S&P 500 inclusion, forecasts retail analysts. A breach of the 52-week high of $124.42 is the mark to watch.
- GMCR +2.9% premarket tp $116.48.
Mar. 14, 2014, 6:05 PM
Mar. 14, 2014, 12:01 PM| 1 Comment
Mar. 14, 2014, 11:07 AM
- The new deal signed by Starbucks (SBUX -0.1%) with Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +3.7%) is a bet on the power of its brand, say analysts.
- The company is opening up competition on the premium end while giving itself a wide variety of K-Cup products it can offer to consumers.
- The road for new K-Cup players gets a little trickier with the super-premium category a tough place to grab market share and Starbucks now a force at differing price points.
- For Keurig, an increase in K-Cup volume and more competition on the high-end could be a boost.
Mar. 14, 2014, 10:50 AM| 1 Comment
Mar. 11, 2014, 8:15 AM
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) has changed its name to Keurig Green Mountain effective immediately.
- The company says the identity switch is due in part to the strength of the Keurig brand name.
- The coffee seller has a new logo to go along with its new name, but will still trade under the symbol GMCR.
- GMCR +0.8% premarket
Mar. 7, 2014, 11:48 AM
- K-Cup data from IRI gives a look at which coffee companies are showing the most momentum.
- Green Mountain Coffee Roasters (GMCR) is the market leader at 20% share, a tally which doesn't include partner brands such as Donut House (6%) or Revv (1%). Starbucks (SBUX) claims 13% and Folgers (SJM) is at 12% share.
- On a unit growth sales basis, Starbucks was up 47% Y/Y (period ending 1/26/14) to power past Green Mountain's 29% pace and Folgers at 22%.
- Private labels saw K-Cup unit growth of 471% as new brands emerged over the last year following patent freedom.
Mar. 4, 2014, 9:52 AM| 1 Comment
Feb. 27, 2014, 11:17 AM
- Green Mountain (GMCR -1.8%) issued 16.68M shares of common stock sold to Coca-Cola (KO +0.3%) at a price of $74.98 each for total gross proceeds of $1.25B. As previously announced Green Mountain intends to ease the dilution from the deal by boosting its share buybacks. In addition, a portion of the proceeds will fund capex for the Keurig Cold beverage system.
- Press release
- Previous coverage of the deal
- In other news, Green Mountain's Canada group announces a partnership with Laura Second - Canada's largest chocolatier - to bring Laura Second signature hot chocolate to K-Cup packs in fall of this year.
- Press release
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR