Fri, May 15, 10:54 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -7.6%) trades weak with the company's scheduled full launch of Keurig Kold pushed back to the 2016 holiday season.
- The product will be sold online and in certain retail outlets as early as this fall.
- Pricing on Keurig Kold was set at $299 to $369 - a mark higher than most analysts expected and well over the $79.99-$199.99 range of SodaStream machines.
- During a webcast yesterday, CEO Brian Kelley said 2016 would be a "significant" investment year for the company.
- He also highlighted the 50 patents Keurig already has lined up on the beverage system and 100 more in the application process.
- Coca-Cola (KO +0.2%) is a key distribution partner and investor in the Keurig Kold system.
- GMCR presentation slides (.pdf)
- Previously: Keurig -4.6% after Keurig Kold presentation (May. 14 2015)
Fri, May 15, 9:13 AM
Thu, May 14, 5:09 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) has sold off to $98.31 AH after hosting a presentation (webcast) discussing its Keurig Kold cold-beverage maker.
- Kold, which has partner Coca-Cola's backing, launches this fall (pre-orders start this summer). SA author Seth Golden provided thoughts on Kold's feature set and market opportunity in March.
Thu, May 7, 9:20 AM| 2 Comments
Thu, May 7, 8:42 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) is down sharply after Q1 results miss estimates.
- A cut in 2015 guidance from the company due to weak brewer sales caught analysts and investors off-guard.
- Shares of GMCR are below $100 for the first time in almost a year.
- Previously: Keurig Green Mountain misses by $0.02, misses on revenue (May. 06 2015)
- GMCR -11.64% premarket to $95.50.
Tue, Mar. 24, 11:02 AM
- Beverage stocks break higher as some industry sales tracking is reported to be positive.
- The C-store channel has been vibrant for the sector recently.
- Strong gainers include Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) up 2.5% and Monster Beverage (NASDAQ:MNST) with a 2.3% increase.
- Small player Jones Soda (OTCQB:JSDA) is up 7% and Cott (NYSE:COT) continues its stellar 2015 run with a 2.2% rally.
- Even large soda sellers Pepsico (PEP +1.2%), Coca-Cola (KO +0.7%), and Dr. Pepper Snapple (DPS +0.7%) are ahead of broad market averages.
Thu, Mar. 19, 11:22 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -1.8%) trades lower after Dougherty & Company issues a cautionary note on the company.
- Channel checks from Dougherty indicate soft demand for the new 2.0 brewing system.
- A report from Longbow yesterday indicated Keurig brewer sales were up at a low single digit rate in March.
- Shares of GMCR are -8.2% YTD.
Thu, Feb. 26, 10:42 AM
- Shares of J.M. Smucker (SJM +1%) and Dunkin Brands' (DNKN +2.9%) are both higher after the two companies sign a deal to broaden distribution for Dunkin' Donuts K-cups.
- J.M. Smucker is handling distribution to grocery stores and club chains, while Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%) will cover office supply stores and specialty stores.
- Perhaps the most important aspect of the new distribution deal is that Dunkin' K-Cup packs will now be sold online.
- The K-cup shakeup isn't expected by most analysts to have a major impact on Starbucks (SBUX +0.2%) which is also a Keurig partner. Smaller coffee brands could suffer though.
Mon, Feb. 23, 10:47 AM
- A combination hot/cold machine from Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +0.9%) is "inevitable" in the future, according to Beverage Digest's John Sicher.
- Other analysts have agreed that the threat of a disruptive machine from Keurig is an overhang on shares of SodaStream (SODA -3.6%) with the company transitioning into a sparkling water-focused company.
- For the year, GMCR is up 4.9% while SODA is down 5.3%.
Mon, Feb. 23, 8:37 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) discloses it entered an agreement to purchase 5.2M shares of its common stock from Luigi Lavazza.
- The transaction was at a price of $119.18 per share.
- The company says it used cash and funds from its credit facility to pay for the stock.
- SEC Form 8-K
- GMCR +0.88% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:12 AM
Thu, Feb. 5, 8:40 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) appears to be set for a weak open after the company's brewer sales disappointed in FQ1.
- A couple of snippets from the firm's conference call tell part of the story.
- "Quite simply our 2.0 launch got off to a slower start than we planned."
- "Single serve household penetration in the U.S. is still well below the 40 plus percent levels seen in other developed countries."
- Keurig earnings call transcript
- GMCR -7.1% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:20 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports sales in the U.S. segment rose 2% in FQ1.
- Portion pack sales rose 9% to $1.02B, while brewers and accessories sakes fell off 18% to $308M after a weak holiday period.
- Gross profit rate flat Y/Y at 33.5%.
- The margin rate was aided by a favorable sales mix and supply chain productivity, while brewing pricing was a drag.
- Inventories +67% to $781M at quarter end.
- Guidance: FY15 EPS forecast lowered to a mid single-digit rate due in part to to F/X concerns. Capex spending of $425M-$475M expected.
- GMCR -6.7% after hours.
Dec. 23, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) slide in early action following the recall of 6.6M coffee makers by the company.
- Previously: Keurig MINI Plus Brewing System recalled by company
- GMCR -3.1% to $135.50.
Dec. 10, 2014, 1:49 PM| Comment!
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR