Today, 10:42 AM
- Shares of J.M. Smucker (SJM +1%) and Dunkin Brands' (DNKN +2.9%) are both higher after the two companies sign a deal to broaden distribution for Dunkin' Donuts K-cups.
- J.M. Smucker is handling distribution to grocery stores and club chains, while Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR -0.1%) will cover office supply stores and specialty stores.
- Perhaps the most important aspect of the new distribution deal is that Dunkin' K-Cup packs will now be sold online.
- The K-cup shakeup isn't expected by most analysts to have a major impact on Starbucks (SBUX +0.2%) which is also a Keurig partner. Smaller coffee brands could suffer though.
Mon, Feb. 23, 10:47 AM
- A combination hot/cold machine from Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +0.9%) is "inevitable" in the future, according to Beverage Digest's John Sicher.
- Other analysts have agreed that the threat of a disruptive machine from Keurig is an overhang on shares of SodaStream (SODA -3.6%) with the company transitioning into a sparkling water-focused company.
- For the year, GMCR is up 4.9% while SODA is down 5.3%.
Mon, Feb. 23, 8:37 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) discloses it entered an agreement to purchase 5.2M shares of its common stock from Luigi Lavazza.
- The transaction was at a price of $119.18 per share.
- The company says it used cash and funds from its credit facility to pay for the stock.
- SEC Form 8-K
- GMCR +0.88% premarket.
Thu, Feb. 5, 9:12 AM
Thu, Feb. 5, 8:40 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) appears to be set for a weak open after the company's brewer sales disappointed in FQ1.
- A couple of snippets from the firm's conference call tell part of the story.
- "Quite simply our 2.0 launch got off to a slower start than we planned."
- "Single serve household penetration in the U.S. is still well below the 40 plus percent levels seen in other developed countries."
- Keurig earnings call transcript
- GMCR -7.1% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 5:35 PM
Wed, Feb. 4, 4:20 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports sales in the U.S. segment rose 2% in FQ1.
- Portion pack sales rose 9% to $1.02B, while brewers and accessories sakes fell off 18% to $308M after a weak holiday period.
- Gross profit rate flat Y/Y at 33.5%.
- The margin rate was aided by a favorable sales mix and supply chain productivity, while brewing pricing was a drag.
- Inventories +67% to $781M at quarter end.
- Guidance: FY15 EPS forecast lowered to a mid single-digit rate due in part to to F/X concerns. Capex spending of $425M-$475M expected.
- GMCR -6.7% after hours.
Dec. 23, 2014, 8:06 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) slide in early action following the recall of 6.6M coffee makers by the company.
- Previously: Keurig MINI Plus Brewing System recalled by company
- GMCR -3.1% to $135.50.
Dec. 10, 2014, 1:49 PM| Comment!
Oct. 17, 2014, 8:22 AM| 3 Comments
Oct. 7, 2014, 8:37 AM
- Shares of Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) are higher in early action despite a soft read from SodaStream (NASDAQ:SODA) on demand for home beverage systems.
- A strong initiation from Goldman Sachs on the stock is helping to offset any concerns on the category.
- Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) has its eyes on the developments with its 10-year Keurig Cold partnership kicking off in 2015.
- If it's true that PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP) and Starbucks (NASDAQ:SBUX) have interest in SodaStream - there's some number-crunching going inside the C-suites there.
- GMCR +2.1% premarket, SODA -17.5%.
Oct. 7, 2014, 6:56 AM| 1 Comment
Aug. 22, 2014, 12:45 PM
Aug. 22, 2014, 9:41 AM
- Keurig Green Mountain (GMCR +8.5%) and Kraft Foods Group (KRFT +0.3%) sign a new licensing deal which will see Kraft-branded packs sold for Keurig commercial and consumer coffee brewing systems in the U.S.
- Distribution will begin this fall.
- Financial terms of the arrangement weren't disclosed.
- What to watch: The deal is a bit of a coup for Keurig with Kraft selling unlicensed K-cup packets previously.
Aug. 22, 2014, 9:15 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 4:13 PM
- Keurig Green Mountain (NASDAQ:GMCR) reports portion pack sale rose 10% to $826M in FQ3 to help offset a 4% decline in brewer and accessory sales.
- Product pack volume added 15 percentage points of sales growth, while product mix and pricing had a negative impact.
- Gross margin rate +140 bps to 43.5% due to favorable green coffee costs and gains in logistics productivity.
- Inventory -5.5% Y/Y to $639M.
- The company sees FQ4 EPS of $0.68-$0.75 vs. $0.86 consensus.
- GMCR -3.1% AH
GMCR vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR