5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on GML.
at MarketWatch.com (Jul 19, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jun 30, 2010)
GML vs. ETF Alternatives
The SPDR® S&P® Emerging Latin America ETF, before expenses, seeks to closely match the returns and characteristics of the total return performance of the S&P Latin America BMI Index. Our approach is designed to provide portfolios with low portfolio turnover, accurate tracking, and lower costs.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Friday, Apr 412:50 PM
Friday, Apr 412:50 PM| 8 Comments
- With the Nasdaq and Russell 2000 each off 2% and the S&P 500 down 0.6%, what's working today? Emerging markets (EEM +0.7%), particularly Latin America (ILF +2.2%), particularly Brazil, where the weight of a year-long rate hike cycle looks to be coming to a close just as monetary tightening gets underway in the States.
- Up 2.6% today, the iShares MSCI Brazil Index (EWZ) is ahead more than 20% since the start of February.
- Brazil's banks: Banco Bradesco (BBD +2.8%), Banco Santander Brasil (BSBR +2.9%), Itau Unibanco (ITUB +2%).
- Brazil ETFs: EWZ, BRF, BRXX, EWZS, BRAQ, BRAZ, BZQ, BRZU, BRAF, UBR, BRZS, DBBR, FBZ
- LatAm ETFs: AND, ILF, LBJ, GML, LATM, EEML, FLN
Friday, Oct 42013, 1:47 PM
Friday, Oct 42013, 1:47 PM| Comment!
- Market Vectors announced earlier this week that it's popular fund for Latin American bond exposure will undergo a number of changes, including a new name, ticker, and index.
- BONO will be rebranded later this year as the Market Vectors Emerging Markets Aggregate Bond ETF and trade under the ticker EMAG to reflect the new investment objective; to seek and track the price and performance of the Market Vectors EM Aggregate Bond Index.
- Ed Lopez, Marketing Director with Market Vectors in the recent press release, "we are seeking to introduce an efficient means for investors to gain access to a broad exposure of emerging markets bonds in a single ETF."
- Effected ETFs: ILF, GML, FLN, EMB, PCY
Tuesday, Apr 172012, 2:53 AMIf China grows "only" 7.5% this year, Latin America will likely feel the pain, as China has become one of the largest trading partners for many Lat.Am. countries and has helped open Asia as an export market. In Brazil, exports to China have increased more than forty fold since 2000, growth that is likely unsustainable as China slows. |Tuesday, Apr 172012, 2:53 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Jan 192012, 9:40 AMDefining overbought as being more than 5% above a 50-day moving average, Bespoke says 24% of tracked ETFs fit the bill. Leading the list is the homebuilders (XHB), more than 13% above its 50 day MA; Brazil (EWZ) leads the country ETFs, 8.2% above. A few more days of market gains and look for talk about the entire market being overbought. |Thursday, Jan 192012, 9:40 AM| Comment!
Thursday, May 122011, 4:54 PM"In good times, everybody looks very handsome" says Nicolas Eyzaguirre of the IMF (formerly Chilean Fin Min), issuing a stern warning to Latin American countries to prepare for an inevitable economic shock. "We are much more prone to overspend in good times than other parts of the world." |Thursday, May 122011, 4:54 PM| 3 Comments
Tuesday, Feb 152011, 5:30 PMNot only do emerging markets have to deal with slowing growth, rate hikes, and inflation, but their shares are not necessarily cheap. RBC points out the ratio of emerging market valuations to G7 valuations is at the highest level since right before it collapsed in the mid-90s. |Tuesday, Feb 152011, 5:30 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jan 192011, 4:13 PMThe re-emergence of capital controls in Latin America has some worrying about a replay of the conditions that led to 1980s hyperinflation. Most countries run current account deficits, meaning they must borrow to buy dollars in order to hold down their currency, leaving them vulnerable if credit conditions worsen. |Wednesday, Jan 192011, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Tuesday, Jan 112011, 2:35 PMLatin American enjoys the commodity boom, but frets about contracting Dutch Disease. Resources account for 53% of exports vs. 40% a decade ago, as manufacturing shrinks. Policymakers try stay on top of the issue, holding down currencies, building savings, and investing with an eye towards long-term productivity. |Tuesday, Jan 112011, 2:35 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, Dec 312010, 12:17 PM
Friday, Mar 52010, 11:22 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.