Wed, Feb. 25, 5:37 PM
Nov. 11, 2014, 4:53 PM
- Diamondback Energy (NASDAQ:FANG) -3.1% AH as it launches a public offering of 2M common shares by certain selling stockholders, with an underwriters option to purchase up to an additional 300K shares.
- Entities controlled by Wexford Capital intend to sell 1.058M shares and Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR) plans to sell 942k shares.
- All net proceeds will go to the selling stockholders.
Oct. 16, 2014, 3:36 PM
- Southwestern Energy (SWN -10.6%) appears to be paying a steep price to buy $5.375B in high quality Appalachia assets from Chesapeake Energy (CHK +16.7%); SunTrust estimates SWN paid $9,625/acre for the land, when previous deals in West Virginia had come in below $5K/acre and the sharp decline in commodity prices over recent months.
- Stock investors clearly think CHK got a great deal, which is boosting shares of other West Virginia players such as Magnum Hunter (MHR +9.9%), Gulfport Energy (GPOR +6.7%) and Consol Energy (CNX +2.5%).
- Topeka Capital believes MHR has superior assets in the core Utica and Marcellus, and an average of the transaction metrics on MHR's production and acreage implies upside of 39.2%; with its scale in the area, the firm thinks MHR makes for an attractive takeout over the next 12 months.
Oct. 15, 2014, 10:43 AM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR +1.6%) reports total Q3 production of nearly 3.9M boe, or 42,332 boe/day, exceeding its previously estimated guidance of 40K boe/day; the mix was 71% natural gas and 29% oil and natural gas liquids.
- GPOR says production has averaged ~53.4K boe/day so far in October.
- Wunderlich sets an $80 price target for GPOR shares, as the Q3 production beat and even big October ramp provides confidence in the company's strong outlook (Briefing.com).
Sep. 17, 2014, 4:29 PM
- Diamondback Energy (NASDAQ:FANG) -2.8% AH on news it is launching a secondary offering of 2.5M common shares by certain entities controlled by Wexford Capital and Gulfport Energy (NASDAQ:GPOR), with an underwriters' option to purchase up to an additional 375K shares.
- All of the net proceeds will go to the selling stockholders.
Aug. 11, 2014, 10:45 AM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR +2.7%) is upgraded to Buy from Hold with a $70 price target at Stifel Nicolaus, which believes the valuation is attractive and that the key risks and concerns cited in its May downgrade (production growth, well type curves) have mostly dissipated with Q2 earnings results.
- Well performance had been below type curves, Q2 production was being guided for no sequential growth, and FY 2014 guidance was being reduced; since then, Q/Q growth has resumed, new well type curves are performing better than previous wells, and valuation is much more attractive with the correction in the stock since May.
May. 8, 2014, 10:32 AM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR -19.2%) plunges in early trading after reporting weaker Q1 earnings and cutting its production outlook for the year.
- GPOR now estimates 2014 output of 37K-42K boe/day, down from its prior view of 50K-60K, and lowered its anticipated E&P spending to $715M-$767M while increasing anticipated spending on leasehold acquisitions in the Utica shale to $375M-$425M vs. an earlier estimate of $225M-$275M.
- GPOR is downgraded by at least four sellside firms; Stifel cuts shares to Hold from Buy and lowers its price target to $70 from $81, seeing GPOR's EV/EBITDA multiple as fairly valued under the reduced 2014 guidance even after lower share prices, and there is risk on 2015 outlooks given the new 2014 guidance and changed development plans.
- In lowering its rating to Neutral from Buy, Global Hunter says it sees Q1 as the start of a negative revision cycle, and is moving to the sidelines.
May. 8, 2014, 9:16 AM
May. 7, 2014, 5:45 PM
May. 7, 2014, 5:37 PM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) -16.5% AH after Q1 earnings and revenues fall short of expectations and guiding FY 2014 production to 37K-42K boe/day from its previous forecast of 50K-60K.
- GPOR says it will adopt a "more measured, methodical approach" to its Utica development program to help maximize well life and recovery; now expects Y/Y production volume growth of 228%-272%, which the company says continues to be an industry leading metric vs. peers.
- Q1 production totaled 27,087 boe/day vs. 6,395 boe/day in the year-ago quarter.
Apr. 9, 2014, 9:57 AM
- In an operations update, Gulfport Energy (GPOR +3.2%) estimates Q1 production averaged ~28K boe/day, which includes ~900 boe/day attributable to its acquisition of Rhino Resources Partners interests in the Utica Shale; production mix was 48% oil and natural gas liquids and 52% natural gas.
- Grizzly Oil Sands, in which GPOR owns a 24.9% interest, achieved first bitumen production at its first SAGD facility at Algar Lake during Q1; Grizzly now has seven of the 10 well pairs on full steam circulation and expects to have all 10 on full circulation in the coming month.
Feb. 27, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) -1.5% premarket after Q4 earnings and revenues miss Wall Street expectations.
- GPOR's Q4 output totaled ~1.53M boe; estimates FY 2014 production of 50K-60K boe/day, with E&P capex activities estimated at $675M-$725M.
- Says it is evaluating strategic alternatives for its oilfield service business, and may pursue an IPO of the interests later this year.
- Agrees to acquire 8,200 net acres and ~1,000 boe/day of production in the eastern Ohio Utica Shale from Rhino Resources (RNO) for ~$185M.
Jan. 30, 2014, 11:30 AM| 3 Comments
Nov. 5, 2013, 5:44 PM
Oct. 16, 2013, 9:31 AM
Oct. 16, 2013, 8:12 AM
- Gulfport Energy (GPOR) reports Q3 production of 12,976 boe/day, above previous guidance of 12,250-12,750 boe/day.
- GPOR increased its acreage position in the Utica Shale by adding ~9K gross acres, bringing its total acreage position to ~154K gross acres.
- Anticipates exiting 2013 with production in the range of 27K-32K boe/day, after the previously anticipated 2013 exit rate was adversely impacted by delays associated with drilling.
- Shares -2.1% premarket.
GPOR vs. ETF Alternatives
Gulfport Energy Corp is an independent oil and natural gas exploration and production company focused on the exploration, exploitation, acquisition and production of crude oil, natural gas liquids and natural gas in the United States.
Other News & PR