Mon, Jul. 20, 8:02 AM
- Gold is the big mover today - down 1.6% to a five-year low following a smaller than expected revision to China's gold reserves - but the commodity sector overall is set to close at its lowest point since June of 2002, according to the Bloomberg Commodity Index.
- On the flip-side the Bloomberg Dollar Spot Index is in the green again today and looking for a fifth straight week of gains.
- ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSP, GSC, DJCI, DEE, LSC, CMD, UCI, FTGC, DYY, DDP, BCM, UCD, COMT, CMDT, SBV, DPU, PDBC, CSCB, CSCR
Fri, Jan. 30, 5:35 PM
Dec. 31, 2014, 2:17 PM
- A tough year for commodity prices continues all the way into the close of the last session, with precious metals, energy, grains, and most of the softs slumping sharply. 2014's big commodity winner, naturally, stands alone in the green today - coffee is up 2%.
- The PowerShares DB Commodity Index Tracker (DBC -1.9%)
- Alongside the commodity slump, both this year and this session, is a stronger dollar, set to close 2014 out at its highest level in at least five years.
- ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, UCI, FTGC, CMD, DYY, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, COMT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, PDBC, CSCR
Dec. 22, 2014, 11:47 AM
- There's not much happening with the equity averages, but crude oil is back on the move, down 3% to $55.40 per barrel. USO -4.75%. Gold's slipping as well, off 1.1% to $1,182 per ounce.
- Looking more broadly, the Bloomberg Commodities Index has returned to a level not seen since May 2009. Coffee owners, however, are in high cotton - up 57.5% YTD. I's the best asset market investment of 2014, beating out #2 - the Shanghai Composite - by more than 1.4K basis points.
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, UCI, FTGC, CMD, DYY, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, COMT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, PDBC, CSCR
Oct. 6, 2014, 3:49 PM
- Going higher without fail on nearly a daily basis since Memorial Day, the dollar (UUP -1.2%) is selling off hard today, likely helping to light up the commodity sector (DBC +1.4%) bright green.
- Among individual currencies, the euro (FXE +1.2%), loonie (FXC +1.2%), aussie (FXA +1.3%), swissie (FXF +0.7%), pound (FXB +0.5%), and yen (FXY +1.1%) are all posting sizable gains.
- Dollar ETFs: UUP, UDN, FORX, UUPT, UDNT, USDU
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, DEE, FTGC, UCI, DYY, CMD, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, DPU, SBV, CSCB, CSCR
Sep. 30, 2014, 12:07 PM
- The early decline in WTI crude oil has accelerated sharply over the past few minutes, and it's now off 3.5% to $91.25 per barrel, about inline with the lowest pricing seen this year. USO -2.9%
- Moving alongside is heating oil (UHN -1.1%) and gasoline (UGA -3.1%).
- Broad energy ETFs: DBE, RJN, JJE, ONG, RGRE, UBN
- Checking other commodities: Silver (NYSEARCA:SLV) is down 3.4%, Copper (NYSEARCA:JJC) is lower by 1.3%, and Wheat (NYSEARCA:WEAT) is off 1.8%.
- Broad commodity ETFs: DBC, DJP, GSG, RJI, GCC, USCI, GSC, GSP, RGRC, DJCI, LSC, FTGC, DEE, UCI, DYY, CMD, BCM, DDP, UCD, CMDT, SBV, DPU, CSCB, CSCR
May 1, 2013, 10:41 AMCommodities are lit up bright red as weak economic data (here and in China) is a good excuse to end the bounce of the last few sessions. Gold (GLD -1.8%), Silver (SLV -3.6%), WTI Crude (USO -2.6%). Copper (JJC -3.3%) moves to its lowest level in about 18 months at $3.08/lb. The metal hasn't had a 2-handle since the start of 2011. Broad commodity gauge (DBC -1.8%). | May 1, 2013, 10:41 AM | 5 Comments
Jul. 12, 2011, 11:50 AM
GSG vs. ETF Alternatives
Neither the Trust nor the Investing Pool is an investment company registered under the Investment Company Act. Shares of the Trust are not subject to the same regulatory requirements as mutual funds. Investments in shares of the Trust are speculative and involve a high degree of risk. You could lose all or a substantial portion of your investment in the shares of the Trust. Before making an investment decision
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Other News & PR