5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Gastar Exploration to Present at the Global Hunter Securities 100 Energy Conference in Chicago June 24PR Newswire (Jun 20, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jun 16, 2014)
PR Newswire (Jun 9, 2014)
at CNBC.com (May 30, 2014)
PR Newswire (May 13, 2014)
PR Newswire (May 7, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 23, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 22, 2014)
PR Newswire (Apr 15, 2014)
Gastar Exploration Resumes Marcellus Shale Production at Reduced Rate Following Third-Party Pipeline RupturePR Newswire (Apr 10, 2014)
GST vs. ETF Alternatives
Fri, Jun. 27, 4:53 PM
- All U.S. crude oil that is processed by a distillation tower - not just condensate - is exempt from the crude export ban, potentially widening the amount of petroleum U.S. producers can send to markets abroad, Reuters reports, citing U.S. government and industry sources.
- By focusing on how the oil is treated rather than what it is, this week's ruling allowing two companies that produce condensate to export the oil if it is processed by a distillation tower appears to open an option for companies that produce traditional crude to get around the export ban by lightly boiling their own oil, the report says.
- The new interpretation of the ruling will add to the speculation over how much of the U.S. shale oil boom might reach overseas markets.
- ETFs: USO, OIL, XLE, UCO, ERX, VDE, OIH, SCO, ERY, DIG, BNO, DTO, DBO, DUG, IYE, CRUD, USL, PXJ, FENY, UWTI, DWTI, DNO, RYE, SZO, FXN, OLO, DDG, OLEM.
- Domestic oil stocks: OAS, NOG, KOG, CLR, WLL, EOX, SM, SFY, PVA, GST, SN, CRK, BBG.
- Global majors: XOM, CVX, BP, RDS.A, RDS.B.
- Refiners: VLO, HFC, MPC, TSO, WNR, ALJ, PSX, PBF, DK, NTI, ALDW, CVI.
Fri, Jun. 20, 10:52 AM
- Starting BreitBurn Energy Partners (BBEP +0.4%) with an Accumulate rating and $23 price target, analyst Sunil Sibal notes: 1) Increasing leverage to liquids production growth thanks to acquisitions in the Permian and Oklahoma; 2) Advantaged cost of capital positions the company well for additional acquisitions; 3) Growing inventory of organic development opportunities.
- Started with a Buy at Global Hunter is Gastar Exploration (GST +1.6%).
Mon, Jun. 16, 2:56 PM
- Gastar Exploration (GST +5.5%) moves higher after saying it reached total depth on the vertical pilot hole for its first Utica/Point Pleasant well in West Virginia.
- The Simms 5-UH well was drilled to a total depth of 11,410 ft. and encountered ~92 net ft. of pay in the Point Pleasant formation.
- GST is plugging back the well to drill a 4,200-ft. horizontal section in the Point Pleasant formation.
Mon, Jun. 9, 10:58 AM
- In an operations update, Gastar Exploration (GST +3.9%) says it has 20 gross recently drilled wells on production at its Hunton Oil operations in the Mid-Continent, of which 15 gross wells are non-operated in its area of mutual interest, two gross are non-operated outside the area, and three gross are operated wells.
- Among non-operated wells, five gross wells have been placed on flowback so far in Q2, with production rates generally strong, including the Kodiak 1-29H which has reached an initial production rate of 1,666 boe/day and a 30-day average production rate of 1,259 boe.
Fri, May. 2, 3:42 PM
- Gastar Exploration (GST +3%) is initiated with a Buy rating and a $9 price target at Wunderlich, which says GST has gone through a transformation with multiple acquisitions and divestitures but it is now positioned with two strong, scalable core assets in the Appalachia and Mid-Continent regions.
- The firm likes GST's growth prospects from its proven Marcellus and Hunton targets and sees strong upside potential in the Utica, Woodford and Meramec formations that could generate value.
Thu, Apr. 10, 5:16 PM
- Gastar Exploration (GST) says it resumed production at its Marshall County, W. Va., operations at reduced rates following a four-day shut-in caused by Saturday's rupture of a third-party natural gas pipeline.
- GST says it is now producing at a gross rate of ~50M cf/day from the Marcellus Shale formation, ~19% below average daily production volumes in March.
- Normal operations are expected to resume in about three weeks.
Mon, Apr. 7, 6:11 PM
- Gastar Exploration (GST) -2.2% AH on news that its Marcellus Shale production has been interrupted due to a rupture Saturday of a third party-operated gas pipeline.
- Pipeline operator Williams Partners (WPZ) says it expects to re-route GST's gas production to another pipeline; the two companies expect to operate in this temporary mode an estimated two weeks.
- GST says it hopes to restart production, which represents some two-thirds of its average daily production, as early as Tuesday night.
Thu, Apr. 3, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 1, 12:46 PM| Tue, Apr. 1, 12:46 PM | Comment!
Tue, Mar. 18, 3:59 PM
- The market's overreaction to disappointment results in two operated wells in the Hunton Limestone presents a buying opportunity in Gastar Exploration (GST +7.2%), Imperial Capital says in reiterating shares with an Outperform rating and $6.50 price target.
- Investors are missing the big picture, the firm says in reminding that these are early days in a new horizontal play, and GST does not have the benefit of data sharing with other operators; even without the operated Hunton contribution along with no contribution for the Utica, the firm's asset value analysis shows GST shares are still attractive at current levels.
Fri, Mar. 14, 9:20 AM
Thu, Mar. 13, 4:44 PM| Thu, Mar. 13, 4:44 PM | Comment!
Thu, Mar. 13, 12:10 AM
Wed, Mar. 12, 5:35 PM
Dec. 24, 2013, 11:16 AM
- Gastar Exploration (GST +3.5%) shares are higher after Global Undervalued Securities disclosed a 6.8% active stake after yesterday's close.
- Global says it has been engaged in talks with GST and has discussed the possibility of granting board observation rights or board seats to monitor GST's operations.
Dec. 18, 2013, 5:35 PM
Other TSLA news & PR