Tue, Oct. 6, 4:33 PM
Thu, Oct. 1, 6:11 PM
- Goodyear Tire (NASDAQ:GT) says it is ending its 16-year global alliance with Sumitomo Rubber, clearing the way for GT to finally begin selling its namesake brand in Japan.
- GT retains exclusive rights to sell Dunlop tires in the replacement market and to non-Japanese auto manufacturers in the U.S., Canada and Mexico, as well as exclusive rights to sell Dunlop tires in replacement and original equipment markets in European countries where the former joint venture exclusively served the market; GT also regains exclusive rights to serve Japanese markets with Goodyear-brand tires.
- The agreement resolves pending arbitration filed in early 2014.
Mon, Sep. 21, 6:52 PM
- Wynn Resorts (NASDAQ:WYNN), Viacom (NASDAQ:VIAB) and Dollar Tree (NASDAQ:DLTR) headline Goldman Sachs' list of 25 companies that could post outsized returns even as more and more stocks are moving in lock-step.
- Goldman’s picks come as return dispersion - the performance gap among stocks - has sunk lately amid turmoil in China and concerns about when the Fed will raise interest rates that has pushed stock correlations to their highest level since 2011.
- Given the low-dispersion setting, Goldman says investors should focus on these 25 stocks that have high “dispersion scores” and 15%-plus upside to the firm’s targets: WYNN, VIAB, DLTR, UAL, LUV, URBN, CBG, JNPR, MPC, NFLX, HBI, SIG, CRM, CERN, VLO, KMX, ENDP, CTSH, ISRG, ETFC, TSN, CCE, CI, REGN, GT
Wed, Sep. 16, 7:03 PM
- J.P. Morgan analysts warn that companies with large amounts of floating-rate debt - including Chesapeake Energy, Freeport McMoRan, Ford and GE - could be at risk if the Fed decides to raise interest rates.
- Companies with variable/floating-rate debt suffer a more immediate impact by a rate hike than companies with fixed-rate debt, the analysts say; variable-rate coupons typically reset quarterly, meaning that changes in the base rate flow through almost immediately to variable-rate borrowers, while fixed-rate borrowers do not see such an impact until they refinance or issue new debt.
- JPM lists 25 companies - not including financials - that have the “highest variable-rate debt as a percentage of market cap": FMC, NRG, FCX, AES, CVC, LVLT, PVH, CHK, FE, DVA, THC, OI, CNX, F, HCA, FOSL, RCL, JOY, GE, ADS, ALLE, HBI, GT, DNB, AN
Fri, Aug. 21, 8:36 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) names Chris Delaney to be the president-elect of its Asia Pacific business unit.
- Delaney is the former CEO of Goodman Fielder Limited which is the largest food company in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sales in the company's Asia Pacific segment fell 9.6% in Q2, although tire unit volume was moderately higher.
Wed, Jul. 29, 8:16 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ANTM, APO, AVY, BAH, BDC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CARB, CBG, CDK, CFR, CHH, CLF, CRI, DATA, DIN, DORM, DXYN, ESIO, ETN, EVER, EXC, FDML, FLY, GCI, GD, GEL, GIB, GRA, GRMN, GT, GTI, HCBK, HES, HLT, HSIC, HSP, HTA, HUM, HUN, IP, IRT, JAH, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MA, MDCO, MO, MTH, MTOR, MVIS, NOC, PAG, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SPIL, SPR, SPW, SSE, STNG, STRA, STRZA, TGI, TRI, UBSI, UMC, VNTV, WEC, WEX, WILN, WOOF
Wed, Jul. 15, 4:40 PM
Mon, Jun. 29, 10:38 AM
- Select auto supplier stocks are feeling the sharpest pinch in the consumer goods sector from the developments in Greece.
- Westport Innovations (WPRT -4.6%), Delphi Automotive (DLPH -3.3%), and Tower International (TOWR -1.8%) are all trading weaker than broad averages.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -3.4%) and Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB -1.8%) are also feeling pressure.
Thu, Jun. 25, 9:52 AM
Wed, Jun. 10, 8:35 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) is downgraded by CLSA to an Underperform rating.
- The Asian investment firm dropped Goodyear two notches from a previous rating of Buy due to valuation and some concerns on rubber prices.
- CLSA has a $33 price target on the tire producer.
- GT -0.35% premarket to $31.39.
Thu, Jun. 4, 10:39 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -1.4%) trades lower after the company ended ties with Sumitomo Rubber Industries.
- The company wants to distance itself from Sumitomo due in part to concerns it engages in anti-competitive practices in violation of local laws.
- As part of the deal, Goodyear will sell 3.4M shares of Sumitomo.
- Previously: Goodyear Tire & Rubber ends pact with Sumitomo
Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM| Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM | Comment!
Wed, Apr. 29, 9:27 AM
- Original equipment volume +3%.
- Replacement tire shipments +2%.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.858B (-1%);EMEA: $1.331B (-21%); Asia Pacific: $450M (-9%); Latin America: $385M (-9%).
- Gross margin rate increased 253 bps to 23.81%.
- Segment operating margin: North America: 10.7% (+240 bps); EMEA: 5.5% (-110 bps); Asia Pacific: 14.9% (+170 bps); Latin America: 13.8% (+380 bps).
- GT +2.17% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:17 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
GT vs. ETF Alternatives
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR