Tue, Apr. 14, 3:19 PM
- Shareholders at Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -1.3%) re-elected all 13 members of the company's board to one-year terms.
- A number of standard amendments were approved during the vote as well the company's accounting firm .
- A proposal on moving to a simple majority voting standard was rejected.
- Goodyear says it will stick with a capital allocation plan which balances business investment, paying down debt, and returning cash to shareholders.
Mon, Apr. 13, 4:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 1:39 PM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +0.6%) will pay $16.2M to settle charges made by the SEC that its businesses in Africa bribed local officials.
- The settlement will see the company give up $14.1M in profits linked to the bribes and pay interest of $2.1M.
- Goodyear disclosed a $16M charge in a SEC filing during Q4 without going into great detail.
Mon, Feb. 23, 12:07 PM
- Among the additions to the index (which fuels the IBLN ETF) are EMC, Google (GOOG, GOOGL), Goodyear (NASDAQ:GT), Mohawk Industries (NYSE:MHK), PVH, Time Warner (NYSE:TWX), and Yahoo (NASDAQ:YHOO). There are three health care additions as well: Allergan (NYSE:AGN), Amgen (NASDAQ:AMGN), and HCA. The lone energy name added is Consol Energy (NYSE:CNX).
- Exiting the index are energy names Halliburton (NYSE:HAL) and National-Oilwell Varco (NYSE:NOV), along with healthcare companies AbbVie (NYSE:ABBV), Aetna (NYSE:AET), Humana (NYSE:HUM), and Tenet Healthcare (NYSE:THC). Citigroup (NYSE:C), CBS, Crown Castle (NYSE:CCI), and Michael Kors (NYSE:KORS) round out those subtracted.
- IBLN tracks the highest-conviction S&P 500 picks by hot-handed billionaires who built their fortunes through hedge funds and investing. The list of billionaires tracked is updated each October, and the equity components are rebalanced each quarter after sifting through regulatory filings.
- IBillionaire Index Rebalance
Tue, Feb. 17, 9:37 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +3.2%) saw a one-time tax credit go a long ways to offsetting painful F/X translation in Q4.
- North America tire unit volume fell 1.8% to 16M during the quarter.
- Europe/Middle East/Africa tire volume -11.1% to 12.8M.
- Latin America tire volume +6.8% to 4.4M.
- Asia-Pacific tire volume +7.1% to 6.0M.
- The company announced it will launch an online buying site in North America.
- Guidance: Goodyear expects segment operating income to grow between 10% and 15% Y/Y in 2015 and 2016.
Tue, Feb. 17, 8:18 AM| Comment!
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jan. 22, 1:45 PM| Comment!
Thu, Jan. 15, 8:49 AM
Dec. 19, 2014, 5:58 PM
- Consumer spending in several areas is likely to benefit from lower pump prices, but J.P. Morgan's Ryan Brinkman thinks the auto industry may benefit more than most from consumers having more money to spend on all things apart from fuel.
- The analyst sees Goodyear Tire (NASDAQ:GT), American Axle (NYSE:AXL), GM and Ford (NYSE:F) - in that order - as best positioned to benefit, followed by suppliers with material exposure to full-size trucks and SUVs that is not as great as AXL, including Tenneco (NYSE:TEN), Lear (NYSE:LEA) and Tower International (NYSE:TOWR).
- Tesla (NASDAQ:TSLA) is an exception, however, as Brinkman sees a potential reduction in the terminal value of cash flows on his reduced outlook for Model 3 vehicles if fuel prices remain low longer-term.
Oct. 29, 2014, 11:37 AM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2014, 9:15 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 8:18 AM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Oct. 14, 2014, 3:31 PM
- Global growth, foreign-exchange, oil, and small caps are the subject of every client inquiry, says David Kostin. His team's recommendation: Buy "American exceptionalism."
- In Kostin's view, U.S. economy and corporate fundamentals are still strong, with economic growth expected by Goldman economists to be 3.2% next year, the fastest expansion since 2005. Europe is expected to grow just 1%.
- What his team likes are those stocks of companies which have a high proportion of domestic sales, plus sectors like Consumer Staples (XLP -0.1%) and Discretionary (XLY +0.7%) which stand to benefit from lower oil prices (plunging again today).
- As for small caps (IWM +0.9%), Kostin is wary, noting downward earnings revisions have boosted small cap P/E ratios even as prices have declined.
- The list of S&P 500 names capturing two or more of Kostin's themes: GT, GM, PCLN, AMZN, CMCSA, LOW, DG, TSN, ADM, CVS, AVP, WAG, PXD, HAL, JPM, BAC, SCHW, PNC, MS, C, GNW, LNC, MET, THC, AET, UNH, ESRX, HUM, WLP, BIIB, GILD, DAL, CMI, FLR, CRM, JBL, MA, FB, MU, FSLR, VMC, MON, T.
Oct. 7, 2014, 9:07 AM
GT vs. ETF Alternatives
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR