Fri, Aug. 21, 8:36 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) names Chris Delaney to be the president-elect of its Asia Pacific business unit.
- Delaney is the former CEO of Goodman Fielder Limited which is the largest food company in Australia and New Zealand.
- Sales in the company's Asia Pacific segment fell 9.6% in Q2, although tire unit volume was moderately higher.
Wed, Jul. 29, 8:16 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ANTM, APO, AVY, BAH, BDC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CARB, CBG, CDK, CFR, CHH, CLF, CRI, DATA, DIN, DORM, DXYN, ESIO, ETN, EVER, EXC, FDML, FLY, GCI, GD, GEL, GIB, GRA, GRMN, GT, GTI, HCBK, HES, HLT, HSIC, HSP, HTA, HUM, HUN, IP, IRT, JAH, JLL, LFUS, LVLT, MA, MDCO, MO, MTH, MTOR, MVIS, NOC, PAG, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROK, ROL, SAIA, SLAB, SNCR, SO, SONS, SPIL, SPR, SPW, SSE, STNG, STRA, STRZA, TGI, TRI, UBSI, UMC, VNTV, WEC, WEX, WILN, WOOF
Wed, Jul. 15, 4:40 PM
Mon, Jun. 29, 10:38 AM
- Select auto supplier stocks are feeling the sharpest pinch in the consumer goods sector from the developments in Greece.
- Westport Innovations (WPRT -4.6%), Delphi Automotive (DLPH -3.3%), and Tower International (TOWR -1.8%) are all trading weaker than broad averages.
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -3.4%) and Cooper Tire & Rubber (CTB -1.8%) are also feeling pressure.
Thu, Jun. 25, 9:52 AM
Wed, Jun. 10, 8:35 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (NASDAQ:GT) is downgraded by CLSA to an Underperform rating.
- The Asian investment firm dropped Goodyear two notches from a previous rating of Buy due to valuation and some concerns on rubber prices.
- CLSA has a $33 price target on the tire producer.
- GT -0.35% premarket to $31.39.
Thu, Jun. 4, 10:39 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -1.4%) trades lower after the company ended ties with Sumitomo Rubber Industries.
- The company wants to distance itself from Sumitomo due in part to concerns it engages in anti-competitive practices in violation of local laws.
- As part of the deal, Goodyear will sell 3.4M shares of Sumitomo.
- Previously: Goodyear Tire & Rubber ends pact with Sumitomo
Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM| Thu, Jun. 4, 6:46 AM | Comment!
Wed, Apr. 29, 9:27 AM
- Original equipment volume +3%.
- Replacement tire shipments +2%.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.858B (-1%);EMEA: $1.331B (-21%); Asia Pacific: $450M (-9%); Latin America: $385M (-9%).
- Gross margin rate increased 253 bps to 23.81%.
- Segment operating margin: North America: 10.7% (+240 bps); EMEA: 5.5% (-110 bps); Asia Pacific: 14.9% (+170 bps); Latin America: 13.8% (+380 bps).
- GT +2.17% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:17 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Thu, Apr. 23, 11:36 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -0.8%) plans to invest $550M in Mexico to build a new tire plant.
- The facility is expected to open in 2017.
- Mexico has seen a recent boom in automotive industry investment with Ford, Toyota, and Volkswagen all plotting for expansion.
- The development hasn't gone unnoticed by the UAW which issued a harsh statement over the go south trend.
Tue, Apr. 14, 3:19 PM
- Shareholders at Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -1.3%) re-elected all 13 members of the company's board to one-year terms.
- A number of standard amendments were approved during the vote as well the company's accounting firm .
- A proposal on moving to a simple majority voting standard was rejected.
- Goodyear says it will stick with a capital allocation plan which balances business investment, paying down debt, and returning cash to shareholders.
Mon, Apr. 13, 4:35 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 1:39 PM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +0.6%) will pay $16.2M to settle charges made by the SEC that its businesses in Africa bribed local officials.
- The settlement will see the company give up $14.1M in profits linked to the bribes and pay interest of $2.1M.
- Goodyear disclosed a $16M charge in a SEC filing during Q4 without going into great detail.
GT vs. ETF Alternatives
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR