Oct. 29, 2014, 8:18 AM| Comment!
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Oct. 14, 2014, 3:31 PM
- Global growth, foreign-exchange, oil, and small caps are the subject of every client inquiry, says David Kostin. His team's recommendation: Buy "American exceptionalism."
- In Kostin's view, U.S. economy and corporate fundamentals are still strong, with economic growth expected by Goldman economists to be 3.2% next year, the fastest expansion since 2005. Europe is expected to grow just 1%.
- What his team likes are those stocks of companies which have a high proportion of domestic sales, plus sectors like Consumer Staples (XLP -0.1%) and Discretionary (XLY +0.7%) which stand to benefit from lower oil prices (plunging again today).
- As for small caps (IWM +0.9%), Kostin is wary, noting downward earnings revisions have boosted small cap P/E ratios even as prices have declined.
- The list of S&P 500 names capturing two or more of Kostin's themes: GT, GM, PCLN, AMZN, CMCSA, LOW, DG, TSN, ADM, CVS, AVP, WAG, PXD, HAL, JPM, BAC, SCHW, PNC, MS, C, GNW, LNC, MET, THC, AET, UNH, ESRX, HUM, WLP, BIIB, GILD, DAL, CMI, FLR, CRM, JBL, MA, FB, MU, FSLR, VMC, MON, T.
Oct. 7, 2014, 9:07 AM
Jul. 30, 2014, 8:31 AM| Comment!
Jul. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AB, ACCO, ADT, AMED, AMT, ATRO, AUO, BAH, BDC, BEN, CFR, CVE, D, DHX, DORM, DX, ENR, EVER, GIB, GRMN, GT, HAE, HES, HSP, HUM, HUN, IACI, ICLR, INGR, LFUS, LL, LO, LPLA, MGAM, MINI, MMYT, MRGE, MWV, NICE, NVMI, PAG, PBI, PEG, PSX, PSXP, PTRY, ROK, RRD, S, SAIA, SEE, SGNT, SMP, SO, SODA, SONS, SPB, SPW, TASR, TFX, TRI, VLO, VLY, WEC, WLP
Jul. 15, 2014, 9:19 AM
Jun. 16, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) are higher in premarket trading after Barron's lines up the stock as an undervalued gem.
- A strong global automobile market and improved financials at Goodyear are the basis for the bull thesis.
- Barron's notes significant investors Appaloosa Management and Marcato Capital Management are on board for the ride.
- GT +2.5% premarket
May 29, 2014, 11:33 AM| Comment!
May 29, 2014, 9:09 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) announces it will increase its share repurchase program by $350M to allow the company to buy back as much as $450M in stock by 2016.
- The company also bumped its dividend payout rate to $0.06/share from $0.05/share.
- The overall shareholder return program is increased to $900M.
- GT +0.6% premarket
May 28, 2014, 2:26 PM
- Goldman Sachs backs its Conviction Buy rating on Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT -0.8%) and tips off a capital deployment update from the company could be upcoming.
- Execs are on the mike at the KeyBanc Capital Markets Industrial, Automotive & Transportation Conference tomorrow.
Apr. 29, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) fall in early trading after the company misses sales and profit estimates with its Q1 report.
- The company suffered from weak demand in the northeast part of the U.S. with harsh weather a factor. Dips in the Venezuelan currency also took a toll.
- GT -5.5% premarket
Apr. 29, 2014, 7:56 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) reports tire unit volumes were up 1% Y/Y in Q1 with demand for replacement tire shipments outpacing original tire shipments.
- Total sales fell back during the period due to lower third party chemical transactions and foreign exchange swings which moved against the company.
- Goodyear's operating margin in the U.S. improved 240 bps to 8.3% with a favorable price/mix on raw materials contributing to the gain.
- GT +2.5% premarket
Apr. 29, 2014, 7:33 AM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Apr. 24, 2014, 8:27 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) race higher in early action after the stock lands on the Goldman Sachs Conviction Buy list.
- The firm sees significant potential for volume growth and margin expansion.
- GT +5.2% premarket to cruise past the 52-week high of $28.32.
GT vs. ETF Alternatives
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR