Wed, Apr. 29, 9:27 AM
- Original equipment volume +3%.
- Replacement tire shipments +2%.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.858B (-1%);EMEA: $1.331B (-21%); Asia Pacific: $450M (-9%); Latin America: $385M (-9%).
- Gross margin rate increased 253 bps to 23.81%.
- Segment operating margin: North America: 10.7% (+240 bps); EMEA: 5.5% (-110 bps); Asia Pacific: 14.9% (+170 bps); Latin America: 13.8% (+380 bps).
- GT +2.17% premarket.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:17 AM| 1 Comment
Tue, Feb. 17, 9:37 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT +3.2%) saw a one-time tax credit go a long ways to offsetting painful F/X translation in Q4.
- North America tire unit volume fell 1.8% to 16M during the quarter.
- Europe/Middle East/Africa tire volume -11.1% to 12.8M.
- Latin America tire volume +6.8% to 4.4M.
- Asia-Pacific tire volume +7.1% to 6.0M.
- The company announced it will launch an online buying site in North America.
- Guidance: Goodyear expects segment operating income to grow between 10% and 15% Y/Y in 2015 and 2016.
Tue, Feb. 17, 8:18 AM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2014, 11:37 AM| Comment!
Oct. 29, 2014, 9:15 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 8:18 AM| Comment!
Jun. 16, 2014, 8:22 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) are higher in premarket trading after Barron's lines up the stock as an undervalued gem.
- A strong global automobile market and improved financials at Goodyear are the basis for the bull thesis.
- Barron's notes significant investors Appaloosa Management and Marcato Capital Management are on board for the ride.
- GT +2.5% premarket
Apr. 29, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) fall in early trading after the company misses sales and profit estimates with its Q1 report.
- The company suffered from weak demand in the northeast part of the U.S. with harsh weather a factor. Dips in the Venezuelan currency also took a toll.
- GT -5.5% premarket
Apr. 24, 2014, 8:27 AM
- Shares of Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) race higher in early action after the stock lands on the Goldman Sachs Conviction Buy list.
- The firm sees significant potential for volume growth and margin expansion.
- GT +5.2% premarket to cruise past the 52-week high of $28.32.
Feb. 13, 2014, 9:09 AM| 3 Comments
Dec. 27, 2013, 5:50 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 9:47 AM| Comment!
Sep. 20, 2013, 9:05 AM
- Goodyear Tire & Rubber (GT) says it's on track to record segment operating income of about $1.5B in 2013.
- The company says it sees 10%-15% growth in operating income through 2016.
- On the capital allocation front, Goodyear's quarterly dividend was confirmed and a $100M share repurchase program announced. (PR)
- GT +4.4% premarket.
Aug. 27, 2013, 10:53 AM
Jul. 30, 2013, 9:12 AM
GT vs. ETF Alternatives
Goodyear Tire & Rubber Co is engaged in manufacturing of tires. The Company develops, manufactures, markets and distributes tires for various applications. It also manufactures and markets rubber-related chemicals for various applications.
Other News & PR