There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Tue, Aug. 5, 12:45 PM
- Cautious overall on small caps (NYSEARCA:IWM) due to valuation concerns, Goldman's David Kostin nevertheless has a list of 25 names with market caps less than $4B which could offer at least 25% upside to his firm's price target over the next year.
- The list skews towards Consumer Discretionary - Lumber Lidquidators (LL +2.1%), Office Depot (ODP -2.4%), RetailMeNot (SALE -26.1%), Ryland (RYL +0.5%), Steven Madden (SHOO +2.7%), Vitamin Shoppe (VSI -8.2%) - and Tech - Universal Display (OLED -0.2%), Qlik Technologies (QLIK -1.6%), Proofpoint (PFPT -1.5%), Polycom (PLCM +0.2%), Nimble Storage (NMBL -0.3%), Marketo (MKTO +1.1%), Infinera (INFN +1.1%), Cornerstone Ondemand (CSOD -0.9%), GT Advanced Technology (GTAT +5.7%).
- Also included are Health Care names: Agios Pharmaceuticals (AGIO -1.1%), NPS Pharma (NPSP +0.7%), NuVasive (NUVA -1.8%), Synageva (GEVA -1.6%); Consumer Staples: Darling Ingredients (DAR -0.8%); Materials: Axiall (AXLL -1%), Boise Cascade (BCC -0.9%); Industrials: Granite Construction (GVA +0.7%), Financials: MGIC Investment (MTG +1.2%), Radian (RDN +1.7%).
Fri, Aug. 1, 8:04 AM| Comment!
Thu, Jul. 31, 5:30 PM
Wed, Jul. 2, 12:39 PM
- Shares of companies that rely on federal infrastructure investment are lower after the Obama administration warns that federal funding for bridge and highway repair would be curtailed beginning Aug. 1 without congressional action.
- The current two-year law authorizing federal road spending expires in September, a deadline that can be extended.
- Martin Marietta (MLM), which announced earlier that it had completed its acquisition of Texas Industries, -2.9%; also, EXP -1.6%, VMC -1.3%, GVA -0.9%.
Thu, Jun. 5, 6:31 AM
Wed, Apr. 30, 8:08 AM| Comment!
Tue, Apr. 29, 5:30 PM
- AB, ABX, ACCO, ACT, ADP, ADT, ALLT, AUDC, AUO, CEVA, CKSW, CVE, D, DHX, ENR, EVER, EXC, GIB, GOV, GRMN, GVA, H, HES, HPY, HSP, IACI, ICON, IMN, INGR, IP, ISSI, JLL, LL, LVLT, MGAM, MRGE, MSCI, MWV, NEE, NI, NVMI, NYCB, OMG, OSIS, PBI, PNK, PSX, PSXP, RDWR, RGS, SEE, SNCR, SO, SPW, SUI, TASR, TFX, TRI, TWX, TX, WEC, WLP, ZEUS.
Fri, Apr. 4, 10:40 AM
- Holcim (HCMLF +2.4%) and Lafarge (LFRGY +6.7%), the world’s two largest cement makers, are exploring a potential merger of equals that would create a company with a combined market value of more than $50B, Bloomberg reports.
- Holcim and Lafarge combining would allow the companies to cut production costs by melding production capabilities and cutting excess capacity, but a merger could face heavy antitrust issues from multiple governments.
- Peers are rising on the news: CX +4.2%, VMC +2.1%, MLM +3.4%, CRH +2.8%, GVA +0.3%.
Thu, Feb. 27, 8:06 AM| Comment!
Fri, Feb. 7, 8:03 AM
Fri, Jan. 3, 11:58 AM
- More on Joy Global's (JOY -1.5%) downgrade to Sell at Goldman Sachs: The firm sees "significant commodity and equipment over-supply driving medium-term growth headwinds," and expects mining capex budgets will remain under pressure longer than the stock is discounting today, trading at a 30%-40% premium to machinery peers on 2014-15 P/E.
- Other global machinery makers are showing minimal movement: CAT -0.1%, EXP +0.8%, GVA +0.2%, DE +0.4%.
Dec. 19, 2013, 8:05 AM
Nov. 4, 2013, 8:12 AM| Comment!
Sep. 12, 2013, 4:47 PM
Aug. 1, 2013, 5:06 PM| Comment!
Jun. 6, 2013, 9:01 AM
GVA vs. ETF Alternatives
Granite Construction Inc. is a diversified heavy civil contractors and construction materials producers in the United States. It operates in four reportable business segments: Construction, Large Project Construction, Construction Materials & Real Estate.
Other News & PR