Seeking Alpha

GYMB
Gymboree Corp. - NASDAQ

7/9/2014, 10:48 PM ET
Quote & Analysis StockTalk Description
Country: United States
|

The Gymboree Corporation is a specialty retailer operating stores selling high-quality apparel and accessories for children under the GYMBOREE®, GYMBOREE OUTLET, JANIE AND JACK® and Crazy 8® brands, as well as play programs for children under the GYMBOREE PLAY & MUSIC® brand. The Company operates retail stores in the United States, Canada and Puerto Rico, primarily in regional shopping malls and in selected suburban and urban locations.

As of January 31, 2009, the Company conducted its business through five primary divisions: Gymboree, Gymboree Outlet, Janie and Jack, Crazy 8, and Gymboree Play & Music.

Gymboree: Gymboree stores offer high-quality, fashionable, child-appropriate apparel and accessories characterized by mix and match colors, patterns and whimsical graphics, complex embellishments, comfort, functionality, and durability for children sizes newborn through 12. As of January 31, 2009, the Company operated 615 Gymboree stores, including 584 stores in the United States, 29 stores in Canada, and two stores in Puerto Rico, as well as an online store at www.gymboree.com.

Gymboree Outlet: Gymboree Outlet stores provide high-quality mix and match children’s apparel and accessories in the same size ranges as traditional Gymboree stores but at outlet prices. The majority of our Gymboree Outlet product is developed and manufactured exclusively for the Gymboree Outlet stores. As of January 31, 2009, we operated 117 Gymboree Outlet stores in the United States and one store in Puerto Rico.

Janie and Jack: Janie and Jack shops offer distinctive, finely crafted clothing and accessories for boys and girls sizes newborn through 8. Lush fabrics, a hand-made quality and details such as hand-embroidery, smocking and vintage prints are utilized to create classic looks. Shops have a European style reminiscent of a small boutique in Paris. As of January 31, 2009, we operated 115 Janie and Jack shops in the United States, as well as an online shop at www.janieandjack.com.

Crazy 8: Crazy 8 stores provide wholesome age-appropriate fashion, at price points approximately 30% lower than Gymboree. Through merchandise design, product presentation, store environment, customer service and packaging, Crazy 8 stores reflect an upscale store experience at mass-market prices. Crazy 8 apparel is offered in sizes newborn through 14 and addresses a broader demographic customer base than Gymboree. The product assortment is a balanced offering of boy and girl product. As of January 31, 2009, we operated 38 Crazy 8 stores in the United States, as well as an online store at www.crazy8.com.

Gymboree Play & Music. Gymboree Play & Music offers children ages newborn to 5 years the opportunity to explore, learn and play in an innovative parent-child program. Gymboree Play & Music offers an array of classes developed by early childhood experts, as well as birthday parties and developmental toys, books and music. As of January 31, 2009, Gymboree Play & Music programs were offered at seven Company-operated play centers (three in California and four in Florida) and 602 franchisee-operated play centers, of which approximately 41% are located in the United States, and the remaining 59% are located in 30 other countries: Argentina, Australia, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, El Salvador, France, Greece, Hong Kong, Indonesia, Ireland, Japan, Malaysia, Mexico, Panama, Peru, Philippines, Portugal, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea, Spain, Switzerland, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and the United Kingdom.

Gymboree was organized in October 1979 as a California corporation and re-incorporated as a Delaware corporation in June 1992.