Wed, Apr. 15, 11:34 AM
- Organic food sales rose 11% to $35.9B in 2014, according to the Organic Trade Association.
- The revenue tally for organic food accounted for 5% of all food sales in the U.S.
- Data from the trade group indicated 90% of households on the West Coast and in New England actively buy organic food.
- The strong growth rate for organic food is part of the rationale behind Target's major food initiative.
- Organic food sellers/producers: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM, HAIN, WWAV, OTCPK:GPDB, LWAY, UNFI, GIS through Annie's.
Wed, Mar. 25, 9:27 AM
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN), Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF), and WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) are all setting up for gains today after the Heinz-Kraft merger raises the M&A profile in the sector.
- Previously: Kraft, Heinz announce merger
- Previously: Food sector on watch after mega-merger announced
- Premarket trading: HAIN +1.9%, WWAV +1.9%, PF +1.0%.
Mon, Mar. 9, 7:00 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) is in talks to buy U.K. firm Quorn, according to Sky News.
- Quorn, which is owned by P-E firm Exponent Private Equity, distributes food to more than 2K Wal-Mart stores.
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) are Hershey (NYSE:HSY) have been mentioned as other potential bidders for Quorn.
Thu, Mar. 5, 7:30 AM
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) acquires the 80% of Empire Kosher Foods it didn't already own.
- The transaction price for the stake was $57.6M.
- Empire is a leader of selling kosher brands at outlets in the U.S. including Whole Foods Market stores.
- Hain expects the deal to be accretive to earnings in FY16.
Wed, Mar. 4, 7:43 AM
- Wedbush initiates coverage on WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) and Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) with Outperform ratings.
- An important development occurred this week in the sector with Target announcing it will focus on organic brands in its grocery section at the expense of well-known packaged food products.
- There was also some talk of Wal-Mart decelerating the roll-out of its small-store format.
- Some analysts have been willing to stretch out valuation on organic food stocks due to the M&A potential.
- Previously: Grocery plans from Target to veer away from typical packaged food fare (Mar. 03 2015)
- Other organic food stock plays: THS, SFM, FWM, TFM, WFM.
Wed, Feb. 18, 3:40 PM
- Hain Celestial (HAIN +2.2%) hits a 52-week high and crosses over $60 for the first time.
- The company is benefiting on both ends of retail, supplying Wal-Mart and Whole Foods with its organic products.
- Sales growth of 23%-24% is expected for 2015.
Wed, Feb. 4, 8:30 AM
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) reports gross margin rate fell 183 bps to 25.33%.
- Operating margin rate constant at 12.5%.
- Segment sales: United States: $359.3M (+9.63%); United Kingdom: $200.8M (+37.48%); Rest of World: $55.40M (-9.33%); HPPC: $86.22M.
- Segment operating profit: United States: $63.15M (+10.80%, +20 bps to 17.60%); United Kingdom: $17.45M (+31.25%, -40 bps to 8.70%); Rest of World: $5.61M (+29.57%, +300 bps to 10.10%); HPPC: $86.22M (8.90% margin)
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: $2.650B to $2.675B (~+23% to +24%); Diluted EPS: $1.85 to $1.89 (+17% to +19%).
- HAIN +0.46% premarket.
Wed, Feb. 4, 7:48 AM
Tue, Feb. 3, 5:30 PM
Tue, Jan. 20, 12:49 PM
Fri, Jan. 16, 3:40 PM| Comment!
Dec. 30, 2014, 7:21 AM
Dec. 12, 2014, 10:50 AM| Comment!
Dec. 12, 2014, 7:10 AM
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:36 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
HAIN vs. ETF Alternatives
Hain Celestial Group Inc and its subsidiaries manufactures, markets, distributes, and sells natural and organic products. Its product portfolio includes grocery, snacks, tea and personal care products.
Other News & PR