Tue, Feb. 24, 6:49 AM
- Looking to bolster its equipment leasing business, Huntington Bancshares (NASDAQ:HBAN) has agreed to acquire Macquarie Group's (OTC:MCQEF) equipment finance unit for around $380M, Reuters reports, saying a deal could be announced as early as this week.
- Macquarie bought the unit, then named CIT Systems Leasing, from CIT Group in 2008. At the time of the acquisition, the business had $700M of assets.
- HBAN +0.8% premarket
Oct. 10, 2013, 9:01 AM
- Community bank acquisition fans get their tails in the air as Huntington Bancshares (HBAN) agrees to acquire Ohio's Camco Financial (CAFI) in a $97M transcation, based on last night's closing price of Huntington.
- Camco shareholders can choose to receive 0.7264 shares of HBAN stock or $6 per share in cash for their holdings. The sale is expected to close in 2014 H1.
- Camco has 22 branches, $800M in assets, and $600M in deposits.
- Huntington expects the deal to be accretive to EPS in year 1.
- CAFI + 44.6% premarket to $5.71.
- Press release.
Aug. 7, 2012, 1:05 PM
HBAN vs. ETF Alternatives
Huntington Bancshares Inc is a multi-state financial holding company. It provides full-service commercial, small business, consumer, and mortgage banking services, as well as automobile financing, investment management services, & among others..
Other News & PR