Oct. 28, 2014, 8:30 AM
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AME, AMTD, AN, AXE, BP, CAS, CIT, CMI, CNC, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DD, DIN, ECL, ENTG, FCX, FDP, FLWS, FMER, GLPI, GLW, HCA, HMC, HOT, HRS, ICON, IIVI, IPGP, LH, MDSO, MLM, MMC, MSM, MSO, MWV, NBL, NCI, NVS, PCAR, PCG, PES, PFE, PH, POR, RDWR, SAIA, SAVE, SCHN, SCOR, SHW, SIRI, SNCR, ST, SYRG, TECH, TKR, TRW, TTS, TWI, UBS, UTHR, VDSI, VRTS, VSH, WAB, WHR, XYL
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:33 PM
- HCA expects Q3 revenue of $9.22B and EPS of $1.16, above a consensus of $9.04B and $0.98.
- The hospital owner now forecasts full-year revenue of $36.5B-$37B and EPS of $4.40-$4.60, above a consensus of $36.4B and $4.22.
- Same-facility admissions rose 2.8% Y/Y in Q3, and same-facility equivalent admissions 4.1%. Same-facility uninsured admissions and equivalent admissions respectively fell 14.8% and 8.9%, and same-facility emergency room visits rose 7.3%.
- Full Q3 results are expected on or about Oct. 28.
Oct. 4, 2014, 4:30 PM
- Bill Gross, set to start working for Janus (NYSE:JNS) on Monday, tells Barron's there will be a “bear markets for all assets” if the Fed raises its short-term rate to 4% in the next few years.
- The Fed should target a rate of 2%, not 3.75-4%, to keep the economy in equilibrium, he says. Its current model fails to reflect structural changes in the economy.
- Gross expects his fund to hold a "decent percentage" of short-term high-yield paper (10-25%), yielding 3-4%. "Both Janus and I like one-to-three-year high-yield paper issued by companies such as Ally Financial (NYSE:ALLY) and HCA Holdings (NYSE:HCA)."
- Gross also likes Mexico (ETFs: EWW, UMX, SMK, DBMX, QMEX), and says he may take "mild short positions" in the euro (FXY, YCS, JYN, YCL) and yen (FXE, EUO, ERO, DRR, EUFX, ULE, URR).
- Janus may develop an ETF to track Gross's fund (MUTF:JUCTX).
Sep. 23, 2014, 12:01 PM
- (HCA +0.3%) acquires privately-held software firm PatientKeeper for an undisclosed sum.
- PatientKeeper provides hospital order entry and charge capture software and mobile apps that enable physicians to access and work with patient information across a variety of hospital IT systems. Doctors at HCA hospitals have been using PatientKeeper for seven years.
- The company has over 58K physician users.
Aug. 21, 2014, 11:43 AM
- Hedge funds are having a difficult time of it again this year, up 1% vs. a 7.5% gain for the S&P 500, according to Goldman Sachs, which crunched the numbers on 775 funds with $1.9T in AUM.
- Nevertheless, Goldman's list of 50 stocks which "matter most" to hedge funds has outperformed the S&P 500 on a quarterly basis 66% of the time since 2001. The stocks this quarter (posted in order of the number of funds in which a name is a top-10 holding):
- ACT, AAPL, FB, AGN, AAL, GM, TWC, AIG, MSFT, HTZ, CHTR, MU, WMB, LNG, C, DAL, HCA, APC, CBS, ALLY, GOOGL, APD, NRF, BAC, EBAY, LBTYK, PCLN, VRX, BIDU, DTV, DISH, DG, EQIX, MA, WAG, ARCP, GILD, LINTA, MON, FOXA, VC, AMZN, BRK.A, BRK.B, SUNE, CMCSA, JPM, MIC, CCI, HES, LAMR.
- A special call-out to Northstar Realty (NYSE:NRF), Visteon (NYSE:VC), SunEdison (NYSE:SUNE), Macquarie Infrastructure (NYSE:MIC), and Lamar Advertising (NASDAQ:LAMR) for making the list of hedge fund hotels despite their relatively tiny market caps.
Jul. 29, 2014, 10:50 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +1.7%) Q2 results: Net Revenues: $9,230M (+9.2%); Net Income: $483M (+14.2%); EPS: $1.07 (+17.6%); CF Ops: $1,693M (+8.9%).
- Same facility equivalent admissions up 2.2%. Same facility revenue per equivalent admission up 5.4%.
- 2014 Guidance: Revenues: $36.00B - 36.50B from $35.50B - 36.50B; adjusted EBITDA: $7.00B - 7.15B from $6.60B - 6.85B; adjusted EPS: $4.00 - 4.25 from $3.45 - 3.75, CAPEX: ~$2.2B (unch).
Jul. 29, 2014, 8:34 AM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACI, AET, AGCO, AIXG, AKS, ALLY, AMAG, AMG, ARW, AUDC, AVX, AXE, BP, CARB, CAS, CNX, CPLA, CRS, CVLT, CYNO, DIN, DSX, ECL, ENTG, ETN, ETR, FDP, FIS, FSS, GLT, GLW, GNC, GTI, HCA, HMC, HRS, HW, ICON, IP, IPGP, ITW, KLIC, LVLT, MDC, MDSO, MDXG, MHFI, MLM, MMC, MRK, MSO, NCI, NEE, NLSN, NMM, NOV, NYT, OSK, PCAR, PFE, POR, RAI, RYN, SAVE, SIRI, SNCR, ST, TLM, TRW, UAM, UBS, UBSI, UDR, UPS, UTHR, VSH, WDR, WM, WYNN, XYL, YNDX
Jul. 25, 2014, 3:27 PM
- Money is flowing into hospital management firms today on bullish views about the impact of The Affordable Care Act. LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT +7.2%) leads the charge after it increased its earnings guidance earlier today.
- (UHS +6.6%) (HCA +2.3%) (SEM +0.4%) (THC +8.8%) (SSY -4.2%) (CYH +3.8%) (CHDX) (SCAI +1%) (ADPT -1.1%)
Jul. 16, 2014, 10:05 AM
- HCA Holdings (HCA +8%) Q2 preliminary results: revenues: $9.23B (+9.2%); pre-tax income: $904M (+12.2%); EPS: $1.07 (+17.6%).
- Same facility admissions +1.2%; same facility equivalent admissions +2.2%; same facility revenue per equivalent admission +5.4%; case mix +1.7%.
- Updated 2014 guidance: revenues: $36.0B - 36.5B up from $35.5B - 36.5B; adjusted EBITDA: $7.0B - 7.15B up from $6.6B - 6.85B; adjusted EPS: $4.00 - 4.25 up from $3.45 - 3.75; CAPEX: ~$2.2B (unch).
May. 19, 2014, 4:50 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 9:45 AM
Apr. 29, 2014, 8:36 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Apr. 22, 2014, 3:18 AM
- Hospital Corp of America (HCA) is among a number of suitors interested in acquiring Healthscope, an Australian hospital and pathology company being sold by private-equity owners Carlyle (CG) and TPG, the WSJ reports. A deal could be worth $5B.
- Other prospective buyers for Healthscope include China's Shanghai Fosun Pharmaceutical and Malaysia's IHH Healthcare (IHHHF).
- Alternatively, Healthscope could carry out an IPO.
- TPG and Carlyle bought the company for $1.7B in 2010.
HCA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR