Wed, Aug. 5, 8:33 AM
Thu, Jun. 25, 12:45 PM
Tue, May 5, 8:32 AM
Wed, Apr. 15, 11:34 AM
- On a preliminary basis, HCA Holdings (HCA +2.5%) expects Q1 revenues of $9.675B (+9.5%), pre-tax income of $1.075B (+58.1%); adjusted EBITDA of $1.960B (+19.2%) and EPS of $1.35 (+77.6%).
- Same facility admissions increased 5.1%, same facility equivalent admissions rose 6.8% and same facility emergency room visits rose 11.5%. Same facility revenue per equivalent admission is expected to increase 1.6%.
- Updated 2015 Guidance: Revenues: $39.0B - 40.0B from $38.5B - 39.5B; Non-GAAP EBITDA: $7.55B - 7.85B from $7.35B - 7.65B; Non-GAAP EPS: $4.90 - 5.30 from $4.55 - 4.95; CAPEX: ~$2.4B (unch).
- The company will report final Q1 results on or about May 5.
Wed, Mar. 4, 12:11 PM
- Hospitals rally on comments from Supreme Court Justice Anthony Kennedy, often a swing vote in important cases. He says there is a powerful point to the Obama administration's argument that the Affordable Care Act would fall apart if the subsidies were ruled invalid.
- The Court is currently hearing arguments in the case King v. Burwell, which challenges federal subsidies in states that did not create their own health insurance exchanges. Its final decision will not be announced until June, though.
- Hospitals and health insurers have the most at stake. They have benefited greatly since the law was signed in 2010. To date, 11.4M Americans have signed up for coverage in 2015, giving both groups more paying customers and potentially cutting the number of non-paying emergency room visits. If the subsidies were ruled invalid then many people would drop coverage due to the higher cost.
- Related tickers: (HCA +6.2%)(THC +5.4%)(UHS +2.6%)(CYH +5.4%)(LPNT +3.3%)(SEM -0.9%)(SSY)(HUM +0.1%)(CI -0.4%)(CNC)(MOH +0.3%)(ANTM +0.5%)(UNH +0.3%)(MGLN +0.3%)(WCG +0.3%)
Fri, Jan. 23, 5:31 PM
Fri, Jan. 9, 5:31 PM
- HCA +2.6% AH after raising guidance for FY 2014 EBITDA to ~$7.4B from an earlier range of $7.25B-$7.35B.
- HCA says Q4 results will include a $68M increase in Medicaid revenues related to the reversal of the Texas Medicaid Waiver Program adjustment that had been recorded in Q3.
- Says same-facility admissions rose ~5% in Q4, while same-facility emergency room visits rose ~10.5%.
Oct. 15, 2014, 5:33 PM
- HCA expects Q3 revenue of $9.22B and EPS of $1.16, above a consensus of $9.04B and $0.98.
- The hospital owner now forecasts full-year revenue of $36.5B-$37B and EPS of $4.40-$4.60, above a consensus of $36.4B and $4.22.
- Same-facility admissions rose 2.8% Y/Y in Q3, and same-facility equivalent admissions 4.1%. Same-facility uninsured admissions and equivalent admissions respectively fell 14.8% and 8.9%, and same-facility emergency room visits rose 7.3%.
- Full Q3 results are expected on or about Oct. 28.
Jul. 25, 2014, 3:27 PM
- Money is flowing into hospital management firms today on bullish views about the impact of The Affordable Care Act. LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT +7.2%) leads the charge after it increased its earnings guidance earlier today.
- (UHS +6.6%) (HCA +2.3%) (SEM +0.4%) (THC +8.8%) (SSY -4.2%) (CYH +3.8%) (CHDX) (SCAI +1%) (ADPT -1.1%)
Dec. 18, 2013, 10:03 AM
- Susquehanna starts Acadia Healthcare (ACHC +1.3%) at Positive. Price target is $56.
- Jefferies starts Mirati Therapeutics (MRTX +1.9%) at Buy. Price target is $36.
- KeyBanc initiates DaVita (DVA +1.5%) at Buy. Price target is $73.
- JMP starts Illumina (ILMN +1.1%) at Market Outperform. Price target is $125.
- KeyBanc starts IPC (IPCM -0.6%) at Hold.
- KeyBanc starts Envision Healthcare (EVHC +1.6%) at Buy. Price target is $40.
- JMP starts Quest Diagnostics (DGX -0.9%) at Market Perform.
- KeyBanc starts Team Health (TMH -0.8%) at Hold.
- JMP starts Lab Corp (LH -0.3%) at Market Perform.
- Goldman upgrades HCA Holdings (HCA +1.6%) to Conviction Buy.
- MKM downgrades Targacept (TRGT -3.1%) to Neutral from Buy.
Oct. 17, 2013, 5:42 PM
Jul. 23, 2013, 10:38 AM
Jul. 16, 2013, 3:10 PM
Jul. 16, 2013, 9:49 AMHCA Holdings (HCA +3.7%) rises following upbeat Q2 guidance, with the hospital operator estimating: EPS of $0.91 vs $0.85 last year and consensus for adjusted EPS of $0.78; revenue of $8.45B vs $8.11B and 8.43B; pretax profit of $806M vs $699M last year; adjusted EBITDA of $1.69B vs $1.57B; admission of over 1% vs +0.1% in Q1. (PR) | Comment!
Jul. 9, 2013, 3:45 PMMore on the takeover rumors that have shares of Health Management Associates (HMA +8.1%) moving sharply to the upside in afternoon trading: Community Health Systems (CYH +3.9%) is the most likely buyer, sources tell Reuters, although HCA Holdings (HCA +1%) and LifePoint Hospitals (LPNT +3.3%) are also mentioned as interested parties. | Comment!
Apr. 29, 2013, 10:08 AMTenet Healthcare (THC +8.5%) moves sharply higher on a pair of upgrades, one from Baird (Outperform from Neutral) and one from UBS (Neutral to Buy). Medicare regulators issued a rule proposing a 0.8% reimbursement hike for hospitals Friday after the bell. Other hospital stocks moving higher in early trading: HCA +8% , HMA +5.9% . | Comment!
HCA vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR