Holcim's core businesses include the manufacture and distribution of cement, and the production, processing and distribution of aggregates (crushed stone, gravel and sand), ready-mix concrete and asphalt. The company also offers consulting, research, trading, engineering and other services.
Monday, Jan 68:00 AM
Monday, Jan 68:00 AM| Comment!
- The European Commission has rejected a request from Germany's competition authority to review Holcim's (HCLMF) acquisition of some of Cemex's (CX) European assets.
- The German regulator had argued that the deal affected competition in the cement markets of northern and western Germany. In reply, the EU said transaction also has an impact on other markets in Europe, including in Belgium, the Netherlands and the northeast of France.
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 9:34 AM
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 9:34 AM| Comment!
- Cemex (CX) has agreed to swap European assets with Swiss cement company Holcim (HCMLF.PK).
- The Mexican firm will acquire Holcim's operations in the Czech Republic.
- Cemex will sell its assets in the western part of Germany to Holcim.
- The companies will combine their businesses in Spain, with Cemex retaining 75% of the new entity.
- Holcim will pay Cemex €70M in cash.
- The transactions are expected to generate synergies that will add $20-30M to Cemex's EBITDA. (PR)
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.