Feb. 25, 2014, 6:48 AM
- Home Depot (HD) reports that comparable-store sales rose 4.4% in Q4.
- Comp sales in the U.S. rose 4.9% during the period.
- Total expenses fell 4% in Q4 to $4.43B as the company lightened up on SG&A costs.
- For FY14, Home Depot sees sales growth of 4.8% and operating margin expansion of 70 bps. EPS is expected to land at $4.38.
- HD +0.4% premarket
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:03 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:01 AM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 19, 2014, 8:41 AM| Comment!
Feb. 13, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Despite a sluggish reading on retail sales in the U.S. for January, a couple of categories showed some strength.
- Building materials and garden equipment sales rose 3.7% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in what could be a good trend for Home Depot (HD) and Lowe's (LOW).
- Grocery stores (KR, SVU, SWY, DEG, IMKTA) outperformed as well, up 4% Y/Y and 0.4% M/M.
Feb. 12, 2014, 8:19 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 1:28 PM
- Home Depot (HD +0.4%) has opened the first of its three e-commerce fulfillment centers in a suburb of Atlanta.
- The company plans to build 3M square feet of fulfillment space across three separate locations to help with online orders.
- Though adding to capex costs, the investment will eventually allow Home Depot customers to order any product online.
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:33 AM| Comment!
Jan. 28, 2014, 1:23 PM
Jan. 23, 2014, 4:43 PM
Jan. 8, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Retail analysts think some companies could surprise with December and January revenue totals despite the general trend of slow traffic as they picked up snow-related sales during the extended bout of winter storms which have hit the Midwest and East Coast.
- What to watch: Major storms can push up the average basket price from consumers for select retailers.
- Winter sellers: Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Home Depot (HD), Lowe's (LOW), Columbia Sportswear (COLM), Under Armour (UA).
Dec. 16, 2013, 9:19 AM
- Analysts don't expect the fierce winter snowstorm that struck a wide swath of the Northeast and Midwest to significantly impact overall holiday sales, although a pickup in e-commerce channels could be seen. The trend sets up well for Amazon (AMZN), eBay (EBAY), FedEx (FDX), and UPS (UPS).
- Retailers focused on winter gear and machinery such as Dick's Sporting Goods (DKS), Tractor Supply (TSCO), Home Depot (HD), and Lowe's (LOW) could also see some extra snow-related sales, note analysts.
Dec. 13, 2013, 8:35 AM
- Raymond James upgrades Home Depot (HD) to Outperform from Market Perform after taking in the company's Investor Day presentation.
- The investment firm sees margin upside in 2014 for the home improvement behemoth.
- Home Depot Investor Day recap: (same-day delivery, financial targets)
- HD +0.9% premarket to $79.21.
Dec. 12, 2013, 10:04 AM
- Retail sales showed their biggest gain since June and beat expectations after backing out auto sales.
- Automobile and housing-related categories helped drive up sales during November to make up for weakness in other areas. Furniture (LZB, ETH, HVT, PIR, BBBY) and home furnishings stores (WSM, RH, KIRK) showed an impressive 9.7% Y/Y gain. The read for Home Depot (HD -0.3%) and Lowe's (LOW -0.4%) is positive as well as their key categories looked solid.
- Grocery stores (SVU, KR, DEG, IMKTA, SFM, WFM) and clothing stores were drags during the month.
HD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR