Mar. 19, 2014, 9:02 AM
- Consumer product stocks are well-represented on a list of the top growth stocks at reasonable prices from UBS.
- The list from the investment firm is based on companies which show quality metrics, solid earnings growth potential, and reasonable valuation. 24/7 Wall St. took it one step further by filtering the UBS list for the top dividend payers.
- Coca-Cola (KO), Colgate-Palmolive (CL), and Home Depot (HD) all make the quality growth roll call along with surprise entry Starbucks (SBUX).
Mar. 6, 2014, 9:19 AM
- Wedbush forecasts home sales will increase at a low single-digit pace in 2014 on a broad cyclical trend that could cut into momentum for housing-related stocks.
- The investment firm turns cautious on Home Depot (HD) with a PT cut to $78 - while Lumber Liquidators (LL) and Bed Bath & Beyond (BBBY) are downgraded to Neutral.
- Earlier: Wedbush chips away at Lowe's
Mar. 5, 2014, 9:06 AM
- A recent poll by the Wall Street Journal and NBC indicates 63% of American support raising the minimum wage.
- Though the Republicans are expected to challenge anything brought to the floor of the House, there's a growing consensus in DC that some minimum wage legislation will eventually pass.
- Democrats argue that the current minimum wage level of $7.25 per hour is low by historical standards when adjusted for inflation.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, BJ, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, NDN, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT
Mar. 2, 2014, 3:05 AM
- Newly promoted Home Depot (HD) executive Craig Menear is the favorite to succeed Frank Blake as CEO of the home-improvement chain, Bloomberg reports.
- Menear was elevated to president of Home Depot's U.S. retail division as part of a succession plan for Blake, who will turn 65 in July. There's no timeline for when the latter would leave his job.
Feb. 26, 2014, 2:44 PM
- Three Senate Democrats have broken away from Majority Leader Harry Reid's $10.10/hour line in the sand on minimum wage legislation.
- Mary Landrieu of Louisiana, Mark Pryor of Arkansas, and Mark Warner of Virginia have all tipped off that they think there could be some room to negotiate over the amount of an increase over the current federal minimum wage of $7.25/hour. The GOP likes the status quo, but is viewed as likely to give some ground in an election year.
- Federal minimum wage legislation could create higher costs in the retail and restaurants sectors as companies adjust to the new higher floor.
- Last week, Gap made a preemptive move to raise its own hourly wage in a development that stirred the pot a little bit.
- Related stocks: CAKE, CBRL, CMG, DNKN, DPZ, DRI, EAT, JACK, MCD, PNRA, RRGB, RT, SBUX, SONC, WEN, BWLD, THI, BDL, NATH, CEC, LUB, BKW, CHUY, BLMN, PZZA, TXRH, DENN, KKD, BBRG, DFRG, BOBE, RUTH, IRG, DIN, AEO, ANF, ARO, BBBY, BJ, CHS, COST, DG, DLTR, GPS, HD, JCP, JWN, KR, KSS, LOW, LB, NDN, ODP, PIR, PLCE, RSH, SPLS, SWY, TGT, TJX, URBN, WMT.
Feb. 25, 2014, 9:18 AM
- Shares of Home Depot (HD) are higher after the company topped estimates with its costs firmly under control.
- The company's performance in maintaining store traffic during a tough weather period is even more impressive considering the tough comparable it came up against with Superstorm Sandy recovery a significant factor a year ago.
- HD +2.0% premarket, while rival Lowe's (LOW) is getting a 1% sympathy boost. Lowe's has its turn to release Q4 numbers tomorrow.
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:48 AM
- Home Depot (HD) reports that comparable-store sales rose 4.4% in Q4.
- Comp sales in the U.S. rose 4.9% during the period.
- Total expenses fell 4% in Q4 to $4.43B as the company lightened up on SG&A costs.
- For FY14, Home Depot sees sales growth of 4.8% and operating margin expansion of 70 bps. EPS is expected to land at $4.38.
- HD +0.4% premarket
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:03 AM
Feb. 25, 2014, 6:01 AM| Comment!
Feb. 25, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 24, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 19, 2014, 8:41 AM| Comment!
Feb. 13, 2014, 9:16 AM
- Despite a sluggish reading on retail sales in the U.S. for January, a couple of categories showed some strength.
- Building materials and garden equipment sales rose 3.7% Y/Y and 1.4% M/M in what could be a good trend for Home Depot (HD) and Lowe's (LOW).
- Grocery stores (KR, SVU, SWY, DEG, IMKTA) outperformed as well, up 4% Y/Y and 0.4% M/M.
Feb. 12, 2014, 8:19 AM
Feb. 11, 2014, 1:28 PM
- Home Depot (HD +0.4%) has opened the first of its three e-commerce fulfillment centers in a suburb of Atlanta.
- The company plans to build 3M square feet of fulfillment space across three separate locations to help with online orders.
- Though adding to capex costs, the investment will eventually allow Home Depot customers to order any product online.
Feb. 5, 2014, 9:33 AM| Comment!
HD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR