Tue, Aug. 18, 6:50 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) reports comparable-store sales rose 4.2% in Q2.
- U.S. comp was 5.7% for the quarter.
- Gross margin rate grew 10 bps to 33.7%.
- SG&A expense rate decreased 10 bps to 17.3% during the period.
- Operating margin rate increased 20 bps to 14.7%.
- Merchandise inventory +1.7% to $11.86B.
- Number of customer transactions increased 2.6% to 420.4M.
- FY2015 Guidance: Sales growth: ~+5.2% to +6%; Comparable-store sales: ~+4.1% to +4.9%; Diluted EPS: $5.31 to $5.36.
Tue, Aug. 18, 6:01 AM
Mon, Aug. 17, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 19, 6:40 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) reports comparable-store sales rose 6.1% in Q1.
- The comp delivered in the U.S. was 7.1% for the quarter.
- Gross margin rate remained constant at 34.3%.
- SG&A expenses increased 2.36% to $4.16B during the period.
- Operating margin rate improved 86 bps to 12.43%.
- Merchandise inventory -0.30% to $12.31B.
- FY2015 Guidance: Sales growth: ~+4.2% to +4.8%; Comparable-store sales: ~+4.0% to +4.6%; Diluted EPS: $5.24 to $5.27.
- HD -1.16% premarket.
Tue, May 19, 6:01 AM
Mon, May 18, 5:30 PM
Tue, Feb. 24, 7:09 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) reports comparable-store sales rose 7.9% during Q4 and 5.3% for the year.
- The comp delivered in the U.S. was 8.9% for the quarter & 6.1% for the fiscal year.
- Total operating expenses increased 2.3% to $4.532B during the period, led by a 2.5% rise in SG&A expenses.
- Operating margin rate improved 148 bps to 11.43%.
- Merchandise inventory +0.20% to $11.08B.
- FY2015 Guidance: Sales growth: ~+3.5% to +4.7%; Comparable-store sales: ~+3.3% to +4.5%; Gross margin: flat; operating margin: +60 bps; Tax rate: ~37%; Diluted EPS: $5.11 to $5.17; Share repurchase: ~4.5B; Capex: ~$1.6B; D&A: ~$1.8B; Cash flow from operations: ~$9.0B; New stores: 6.
- HD +3.09% premarket.
Tue, Feb. 24, 6:03 AM
Mon, Feb. 23, 5:30 PM
- AIXG, ALKS, AMT, BMO, CBRL, CEQP, CLDT, CLDX, CMCSA, CMLP, COT, CRNT, CRZO, CYRN, DAKT, DCI, DPZ, DRH, DYAX, ECL, EXAS, EXLS, EXPD, FDML, GLDD, GTLS, HD, IART, IPXL, M, MNKD, NEO, ODP, PCRX, PF, PLL, RLGY, SAFM, SAH, SHLX, SHOO, SPAR, SPWR, SUI, THRM, TOL, TREX, TRXC, UTHR, VAL, VSI, WEN, WIN, WLK, WPC, ZINC
Nov. 18, 2014, 10:54 AM
- Execs with Home Depot (HD -1.5%) were very positive on the start to Q4 during the company's earnings call this morning.
- Sales for the first two weeks of November were "impressive."
- Home Depot's home improvement market share rose 23 bps to 27.07% over the last year. The tally includes strong growth in the online channel.
- Fulfillment centers will cover 90% of the U.S. for parcel shipments next year.
- Spending in the pros business has been vibrant, according to management. Interestingly, DIY boomers are started to opt for hiring pros.
- There's a hint from management that Home Depot will raise its dividend in Q1 of 2015.
Nov. 18, 2014, 8:41 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) was a little fuzzy today on how much the massive data breach in September will end up costing it.
- For now, the home improvement giant is going with $28M in expenses for the current quarter and $34M for FY14. The legal part of the expense equation remains an unknown variable.
- Shares of Home Depot are down 0.7% in early action as analysts seem focused on the conservative guidance from the company in the face of strong comps.
- Previously: Home Depot beats estimates, strong comps power Home Depot in Q3
Nov. 18, 2014, 6:59 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) reports comparable-store sales rose 5.2% during Q3.
- The comp delivered in the U.S. was 5.8%.
- Total operating expenses increased 2.8% to $4.632B during the period, led by a 3.0% rise in SG&A expenses.
- Merchandise inventory +5.8% to $12.01B.
- Guidance: 2014 sales growth of 4.8% expected and a forecast for 2014 EPS of $4.54 is reaffirmed.
- HD -0.8% premarket.
Nov. 18, 2014, 6:05 AM
Nov. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Aug. 19, 2014, 6:55 AM
- Home Depot (NYSE:HD) reports comparable-store sales rose 5.8% in Q2. Comp growth in the U.S. was 6.4%.
- Transactions +4.2% to $409.7M.
- Average ticket +1.8% to $58.43.
- Sales per square foot +5.5% to $403.90.
- Inventory +5.2% to $11.665B.
- Guidance: Net sales are expected to rise 4.8% for the fiscal year. Full-year EPS of $4.52 is forecast vs. $4.41 consensus.
- HD +3.5% premarket
Aug. 19, 2014, 6:01 AM
HD vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR