Alpha And Undervalued Growth Available At HDFC Bank
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no Transcripts on HDB.
at MarketWatch.com (Nov 27, 2012)
at CNBC.com (Oct 8, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 18, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (Jun 27, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (May 4, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Apr 25, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 8, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Mar 7, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Mar 1, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 25, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 25, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jan 14, 2011)
at CNBC.com (Jan 11, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Jan 10, 2011)
at MarketWatch.com (Dec 8, 2010)
HDB vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:23 AM
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:23 AM| Comment!
- India had a relief rally on Wednesday after the RBi surprised by not hiking rates, but fell anew last night - dropping 0.7% for its 7th decline in 8 sessions.
- Leading among the blue chips were the rate-sensitive stocks, with ICICI (IBN) Bank off 3% and HDFC (HDB) Bank down 2.1%.
- "One of the big questions post Fed's move is whether liquidity will continue flowing to emerging markets like India or not. If rates go up in U.S. then it will be risk for EMs," says Aneesh Srivastava, CIO at IDBI Federal Life Insurance.
- IBN -5.4%, HDB -5.6% premarket
- India ETFs: EPI, INDY, SCIF, INP, PIN, INDL, ICN, INR, INXX, INDA, SCIN, INCO, SMIN
Thursday, Dec 192013, 9:12 AM
Friday, Sep 202013, 12:32 PM
Friday, Sep 202013, 12:32 PM| Comment!
- ICICI Bank (IBN -3.9%) and HDFC Bank (HDB -4.4%) tumble after India's new central bank head unexpectedly hikes the benchmark rate to 7.5% from 7.25%, citing the need to bring inflation down. It's the first boost to rates in two years.
- Amid that tightening in policy, however, the bank also eased other restrictive measures put in place over the summer to try and stem the rupee's decline (it's up 8% vs. the dollar in September).
- The Sensex closed down 1.9%.
Thursday, Sep 52013, 12:49 PM
Thursday, Sep 52013, 12:49 PM| Comment!
- For a second straight day, Indian stocks rise sharply — Sensex +2.2% — with banks leading the way, as new RBI governor Raghuram Rajan has apparently managed to instill some confidence in the market. (previous)
- In addition to the creation of inflation indexed savings certificates and the issuance of long-awaited new banking licenses, Rajan will open FX swap lines between banks and the RBI (see diagram) a move BofA says may boost the country's flagging reserves by $10B.
- "This is exactly what the market wanted to hear," one Mumbai-based banker says. Apparently so — shares of India's largest lender HDFC Bank (HDB +7.1%) rose 8% Thursday, fueling what Bloomberg says was the largest rally in the S&P BSE India Bankex index in four years.
- The WisdomTree India Earnings Fund (EPI +1.8%), ICICI Bank (IBN +12.3%), The WisdomTree Indian Rupee Fund (ICN +0.3%).
- Other ETFs: INDY, EPI, PIN, INP, INDA, INXX, SCIF, SCIN, INDL, SMIN, INR.
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 8:50 AM
Tuesday, Sep 32013, 8:50 AM| 2 Comments
- The Sensex broke a 3-day winning streak, tumbling 3.5% as the rupee fell as much as 2% amid worries India is set to be downgraded. An S&P report says the chances of an Indian downgraded are higher than those for Indonesia.
- Goldman cuts its fiscal year GDP growth forecast to 4% from 6%, and now expects the rupee to fall as low as 72 to the dollar in the next 6 months. It takes just more than 67 rupees to buy a greenback at the moment.
- EPI -3.4% premarket.
- ICICI Bank (IBN) -3.5%, HDFC Bank (HDB) -3.8% premarket.
- Equity ETFs: INDY, EPI, PIN, INP, INDA, INXX, SCIF, SCIN, INDL, SMIN.
- Rupee: ICN, INR.
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 7:58 AM
Wednesday, Aug 282013, 7:58 AM| Comment!
- IBN's 2.8% premarket decline comes on the heels of yesterday's 5.7% dive and a 41% fall YTD. The rupee is having its worst session in decades, off nearly 4% vs. the greenback. The Sensex however, managed to reverse a sizable early loss to close slightly in the green.
- The WisdomTree India Earnings Fund (EPI) - not currency-hedged like WisdomTree's popular Japan Hedged Equity Fund - is off 3.2% premarket.
- Another Indian bank traded with reasonable volume here, HDFC Bank Limited (HDB) is off 1.4% premarket.
- Other India equity ETFs: INDY, EPI, PIN, INP, INDA, INXX, SCIF, SCIN, INDL, SMIN.
- The Indian Rupee Fund (ICN) is off 15% YTD with all of the loss coming since May (about the time the U.S. Treasury market cracked).
Tuesday, Aug 272013, 9:08 AM