Thu, Apr. 16, 2:12 AM
- As part of a cost-cutting strategy by Chief Executive A.G. Lafley, Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) may soon offload $10B-$12B worth of its beauty brands.
- Personal care and cosmetics companies Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY), Revlon (NYSE:REV) and Coty (NYSE:COTY) are preparing bids for P&G's haircare business, cosmetics division and fragrance unit, respectively, sources told Reuters.
- CEO Lafley said last August he would reverse the company's strategy of aggressive expansion and shed more than half of its brands.
Wed, Apr. 8, 11:17 AM
- Procter & Gamble (PG +0.4%) has started the process to take offers for its Wella haircare business, sources tell Bloomberg.
- The sale of the unit could fetch as much as $19B in one deal or several piecemeal transactions.
- Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY, OTCPK:HENOY), OTC:HELKF, Revlon (REV +1%), Unilever (UL -0.1%), Coty (COTY -1.2%), and Kao Corp. (OTC:KAOCF, OTCPK:KCRPY) are reported to be in the running.
- P&G in the midst of a large brand-shedding initiative which is expected to leave it leaner and more efficient.
Mon, Mar. 16, 7:10 AM
- Wal-Mart (NYSE:WMT) is giving more exposure on its shelves in U.S. stores to higher-end detergent Henkel in a move which will consumers more choices in the category.
- Tide's dominant position in the U.S. has given Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) a fair amount of pricing power - even with the dominant retail giant from Bentonville.
- Persil is a premium detergent brand owned by Henkel (OTCPK:HENKY, OTC:HELKF).
Dec. 8, 2011, 11:46 AMProcter & Gamble (PG) is slapped with a €233.6M (~$310M) fine for fixing laundry detergent prices in France during 1997-2004; Colgate-Palmolive (CL) and Henkel (HENKY.PK) are hit with smaller fines. The companies "met secretly several times a year in hotels and restaurants to discuss pricing and discount strategies," the French antitrust authority says. | 1 Comment
Apr. 13, 2011, 8:12 AM
HENKY vs. ETF Alternatives
Founded in 1876, Henkel holds globally leading market positions both in the consumer and industrial businesses with well-known brands such as Persil, Schwarzkopf and Loctite.<br />Henkel, headquartered in Dsseldorf / Germany, has some 47,000 employees worldwide and counts among the most... More
Other News & PR