Fri, Aug. 21, 6:41 AM
- Gross profit rate declined 50 bps to 32.7%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate rose 120 bps to 25.2% mainly due to lower comparable-store sales.
- Operating margin rate fell 170 bps to 5.4%.
- Store count +64 Y/Y to 1,014.
- FY2016 Guidance:Comparable-store sales: flat or increase in the low single-digit range; Diluted EPS: $2.80 to $2.90.
Fri, Aug. 21, 6:31 AM
Thu, Aug. 20, 5:30 PM
Mon, Aug. 10, 6:47 PM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports it had FQ2 (ended Aug. 1) revenue of $199.3M, +2.8% Y/Y and below a $209.4M consensus. EPS is expected to be in a range of $0.26-$0.28, below a $0.35 consensus. Comparable store sales fell 1.1% Y/Y.
- CEO Jeff Rosenthal: "For the second quarter, comparable store sales were softer than expected. While we anticipated slower sales due to 10 states delaying their tax-free weekend by one week ... there also was underlying business softness. Details about sales trends in early August and our future outlook will be discussed when we report full second quarter results on August 21, 2015."
- Shares have fallen to $43.00 in AH trading.
Mon, Aug. 10, 5:40 PM
Fri, Jun. 26, 9:18 AM
- A strong one-two punch from Nike and Finish Line bodes well for other companies selling athletic footwear, note retail insiders.
- The strong reports from the two mirror recent data from NPD Group and other research firms indicating demand from the key millennial demographic is thriving.
- While skimping in some retail categories, millennials have shown a propensity to spend on shoes.
- The shoe trend has extended beyond the basketball and running categories to sandals, boots, and even slippers. Pricing levels in the sector have been positive as promotional activity is only at moderate levels due to the sustained demand.
- Previously: Global futures at Nike top expectations (Jun. 25 2015)
- Previously: More on Finish Line's FQ1 (Jun. 26 2015)
- On watch: FL, HIBB, DKS, GCO, CA formerly Brown Shoe Group, SKX, CROX, DECK.
Fri, May 22, 7:04 AM
- Gross profit rate declined 50 bps to 37%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate grew 50 bps to 19.2%.
- Operating margin rate -121 bps to 16.23%.
- Inventory +13.1% Y/Y to $233.36M.
- Store count +62 Y/Y to 1,001.
- FY2016 Guidance:Comparable-store sales: low single-digit range; Product gross margin rate: flat to slightly negative; Diluted EPS: $2.95 to $3.04.
- HIBB -1.70% premarket.
Fri, May 22, 6:32 AM
Thu, May 21, 5:30 PM
Tue, May 19, 10:20 AM
- Sporting goods chains Cabela's (CAB -1.7%), Big 5 Sporting Goods (BGFV -1.6%), Sportsman's Warehouse (SPWH -1.3%), and Hibbett Sports (HIBB -3.5%) fall after sector leader Dick's Sporting Goods reports disappointing Q1 results.
- Sports equipment makers Callaway Golf (ELY -1%) and Performance Sports Group (PSG -3.9%) also trade lower off the weak read on demand in key categories.
- Previously: Dick's Sporting Goods EPS in-line, beats on revenue (May. 19 2015)
- Previously: Comps up 1% for Dick's Sporting Goods in Q1 (May. 19 2015)
Wed, May 13, 2:55 PM
- The category which included sporting goods sales showed a 0.8% M/M and 6.1% Y/Y increase in April to outperform overall retail sales.
- Sporting goods sellers have used e-commerce and under-penetrated markets as growth drivers.
- Previously: Retail sales continue to slow (May 13)
- Related stocks: DKS, BGFV, CAB, HIBB, SPWH.
Fri, Mar. 13, 9:14 AM
Fri, Mar. 13, 6:52 AM
- Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB) reports comparable-store sales rose 5.4% in Q4.
- The company's gross profit rate slipped 30 bps to 35.5%.
- Store operating, selling, and administrative expenses rate fell 130 bps to 20.4%.
- Inventory +6.1% Y/Y to $240.41M.
- Store count +61 net Y/Y to 988.
- FY16 guidance: Hibbett expects comp sales growth in a low-to-mid single digit rate. EPS of $2.95-$3.09 expected.
Fri, Mar. 13, 6:31 AM
Thu, Mar. 12, 5:30 PM
Thu, Feb. 12, 3:51 PM
- Nike's (NYSE:NKE) new SNKRS app could pose a risk for Foot Locker (NYSE:FL), Finish Line (NASDAQ:FINL), and Hibbett Sports (NASDAQ:HIBB), according to Hedgeye.
- The app's ability to push out notifications on limited editions and new releases sets it up to be a disrupter.
- Shares of Nike are up 1.1% today on heavy volume.
HIBB vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR