Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on HINKY.
There are no News articles on HINKY.
HINKY vs. ETF Alternatives
Friday, Dec 61:56 PMHeineken and Anheuser-Busch InBev go toe-to-toe in Mexico
Friday, Dec 61:56 PM| Comment!
- Heineken (HINKY) expects to see solid growth in Mexico next year as the economic situation in the nation improves.
- The Dutch brewer and Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD +1.9%) control 99% of the beer market in Mexico, a level of domination which has kept Mexican regulators busy.
- Despite the extra attention from antitrust officials, Heineken expects to grow its market share even higher next year at A-B's expense - led by its Mexican brands such as Tecate, Dos Equis, Indio, and Sol.
Wednesday, Oct 233:13 AMHeineken revenue rises but warns on FY profit
Wednesday, Oct 233:13 AM| Comment!
- Heineken (HINKY) Q3 revenue +4% to €5.18B, missing forecasts of €5.41B.
- Comparable consolidated beer volumes -3% to 48.3M hectoliters, under the 50.2M hectoliters expected.
- Cuts FY outlook and now predicts that adjusted net profit will fall by a low single-digit percentage vs a previous forecast that the figure would be flat. (PR)
Friday, Sep 68:14 AMForecast: World Cup to boost beer sales in Brazil
Friday, Sep 68:14 AM| Comment!
- A strong forecast for beer sales next year in Brazil could give a little lift to the sector.
- Research firm Bernstein thinks the 2014 World Cup in host nation Brazil will help beer sales rise 3% next year in the nation - a rate which would stand out amid a sluggish global beer market.
- Related stocks: Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), AmBev (ABV), Kirin Holdings (KNBWY.PK) via Schincariol, Heineken (HINKY.PK)
Monday, Aug 269:21 AMHeineken shareholder group to edge up controlling interest|Monday, Aug 269:21 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Aug 212:10 AMHeineken operating profit tops forecasts
Wednesday, Aug 212:10 AM| Comment!
- Heineken (HINKF.PK) H1 operating profit before items +5% to €1.45B vs consensus of €1.42B.
- Revenue +7% to €9.35B, organic revenue -3%.
- Operating profit +15% to €1.33B vs forecasts of €1.34B.
- Adjusted net profit -1% to €679M.
- Net profit -17% to €320M.
- EPS €1.11 vs €1.33.
- Expects FY adjusted net profit to be in line with 2012 on an organic basis. (PR)
Friday, Jul 122:00 PMSABMiller (SBMRY.PK) criticizes a ruling by authorities in Mexico on sales exclusivity, saying the measure didn't go far off enough to open up competition. The brewer is desperate to break up the stranglehold that Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD -1.4%) and Heineken (HINKY.PK) have on the retail beer sales in Mexico. |Friday, Jul 122:00 PM| 1 Comment
Friday, Jul 126:49 AMMexican regulators says Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) and Heineken (HINKY.PK) will have to cap exclusive distribution deals with smaller retailers in Mexico to 20% of total point-of-sales or face fines. The ruling could help SABMiller (SBMRY.PK) with the pair of dominant brewers accounting for an estimated 98% of all beer sales in Mexico. |Friday, Jul 126:49 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Jul 117:42 AM
Friday, Jul 511:20 AMAfter SABMiller (SBMRY.PK) missed out on a major acquisition in Mexico, the brewing company hopes regulators in the nation will bail it out. Sometime in the next week a ruling from Mexico's Federal Competition Commission will set out if contracts that Heineken (HINKY.PK) and Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) have with stores and retailers restrict competition. A positive decision could provide SABMiller a quick fix to slipping market share in the region. |Friday, Jul 511:20 AM| Comment!
Friday, Jun 288:38 AMGlobal beer companies might find lucrative long-term growth opportunities in Africa, according to fresh analysis from Bernstein Research. The firm concludes brewers with operations already up and running have a clear advantage over new entrants. Right now - SABMiller (SBMRY.PK), Heineken (HINKY.PK), and Diageo (DEO) have the edge while Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) and Carlsberg face high barriers to entry if they want to make a late charge. |Friday, Jun 288:38 AM| Comment!
Thursday, Jun 202:50 PMSABMiller (SBMRY.PK) thinks the North American beer market is poised for growth after last year volumes grew sluggishly for the beer industry (BUD, HINKY.PK, TAP, SAM). Execs with the brewer say employment trends favor a pickup in beer demand which it hopes translates to positive volume growth for key brands Coors Light and Miller Lite. |Thursday, Jun 202:50 PM| Comment!
Friday, May 249:29 AMBeer market winners and losers: Tracking data from Citi Research showed Boston Beer was the big winner over the four-week period ending May 11, although Craft Brew Alliance (BREW) and Heineken (HINKY.PK) also made solid gains, sales up 10.7% and 7.1% respectively. The market share gains came at the expense of Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD) and MillerCoors (SBMRY.PK, TAP) which saw sales slip during the same period. |Friday, May 249:29 AM| Comment!
Friday, May 179:13 AMBig beer companies including Anheuser-Busch InBev (BUD), Molson Coors (TAP), SABMiller (SBMRY.PK), Heineken (HINKY.PK), and Constellation Brands (STZ) support legislation that they say would take away some of the advantages craft brewers have on excise taxes. While separating the big boys like A-B from smaller local players is pretty easy, things get more confusing when trying to label brewers such as Boston Beer (SAM) and Craft Brew Alliance (BREW) with indy roots. What to watch: Though sluggish beer volume in the U.S. is a major concern, the battle over excise taxes could be just as big for bottom lines. |Friday, May 179:13 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Mar 209:30 AM
Monday, Mar 47:01 AM
Wednesday, Feb 136:53 AM
- View all 2 replies
Duke67:: 25 people died. Hundreds in hospitals.