Unthinkable, Unimaginable And Unspeakable: Why Wall Street Clings To The Herbalife Myth
- For many, the fraud-thesis of Herbalife critics is beyond imagination, unthinkable. The view of Herbalife as transcending math, demographics and economics is seen as more plausible than the thesis.
- The time has come to examine not just facts about Herbalife but reactions to those facts, and to ask, why? This requires a forensic dissection of Herbalife's narrative.
- The dissection reveals that conventional business language fails to communicate the reality of fraud and the momentous conclusion of the fraud-thesis, leaving many confused and unconvinced.
- The full truth of Herbalife raises far-reaching questions about multi-level marketing and regulation of it. Conventional business language evades those questions, making the truth more strange than the fiction.
- Herbalife enjoys protection of a network of powerful backers whose own reputations are tied to the Herbalife myth. Their support makes the fraud-thesis seem inconceivable.