Thu, Aug. 13, 8:50 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCPK:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, WSM, RH, KIRK outperformed in today's report on retail sales.
- Sales were up 0.8 Y/Y and 6.1% Y/Y in July for the housing-related category.
- Department stores (KSS, JCP, SHLD, JWN, M) showed sluggish traffic trends again, sales were down 0.8% M/M and slumped 2.7% Y/Y.
- Sales in the food services category were up a solid 9.0% Y/Y.
- U.S. Census Bureau Retail Sales report (.pdf)
- Previously: July U.S. Retail Sales: +0.6% (Aug. 13 2015)
Thu, Jun. 4, 8:28 AM
- Hooker Furniture (NASDAQ:HOFT) boosted operating income in Q1 off of flat sales as improvements in the upholstery segment hit the company's bottom line.
- Lower discounting in the solid casegoods category was also a positive factor for Hooker.
- The company ended the quarter with a cash position of $40.5M and no long-term debt.
- Previously: Hooker Furniture beats by $0.06, misses on revenue
Thu, Jun. 4, 8:15 AM
Tue, Apr. 14, 9:09 AM
- The furniture and home furnishing stores category in the March Retail Sales report outperformed most other businesses.
- Sales rose 1.4% M/M and 3.8% Y/Y during the month.
- The sector was on watch to see if there was any continued spillover impact from the West Coast slowdown.
- Furniture/home furnishing stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET, KIRK, WSM.
- Retail Sales report (.pdf)
Tue, Apr. 7, 12:45 PM
Tue, Apr. 7, 9:59 AM
- Gross profit rate increased 273 bps to 26.97%.
- Operating margin rate +400 bps to 10.03%.
- The company saw improved profitability in all the segments.
- The casegoods segment led the way in sales and profitability, with shipments up $10M in the fiscal year.
Tue, Apr. 7, 8:06 AM
Tue, Mar. 10, 5:46 PM
Fri, Feb. 20, 9:52 PM
- Some false alarms earlier, but the AP reports (and union spokesmen and the PMA started confirming) that agreement has been reached with West Coast dockworkers.
- The deal would end a nine-month negotiation that has led to significant slowdowns at 29 West Coast U.S. ports. Labor Secretary Thomas Perez urged the PMA and union workers to come to agreement today.
- The contract still needs union ratification.
- Affected furniture stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
- Apparel stocks: KATE, ANN, LULU, PVH, VNCE, CRI, UA, HBI, VFC, COLM, GIL, SQBG, JCP, KSS, DDS, M, JWN, ARO, AEO, ANF, WTSL, TLYS, CACH, ZUMZ, PSUN, EXPR, BKE, GIII, SQBG, HBI, VRA, ICON, SHOO, BWS, PERY, DXLG, BONT, GES, URBN, RL,GIL, NKE, OXM, HBI, VNCE, PERY, ICON, FL.
- Previous coverage of the slowdown
Tue, Feb. 17, 12:53 PM
- The furniture market is seeing some disruption as the West Coast port slowdown continues.
- A stalled pace of imports is impacting wholesale pricing for companies relying on suppliers that ship to ports in California, Oregon, and Washington.
- Even companies without a heavy reliance on Asian imports are feeling a supply chain shock.
- Previously: West Coast port slowdown continues (Feb. 16 2015)
- Related stocks: RH, PIR, HVT, BBBY, ETH, HOFT, OTCQB:BEST, W, LZB, OTCPK:LEFUF, BSET.
Dec. 10, 2014, 8:05 AM
Dec. 1, 2014, 10:18 AM
Sep. 10, 2014, 8:04 AM
Sep. 2, 2014, 3:02 PM
Jun. 5, 2014, 8:13 AM
Mar. 4, 2014, 3:13 PM
HOFT vs. ETF Alternatives
Hooker Furniture Corp is a home furnishings marketing, design and logistics company offering residential casegoods and upholstery, as well as domestically-produced custom leather and fabric-upholstered furniture.
Other News & PR