Fri, Jul. 31, 10:51 AM
Tue, Jul. 28, 3:15 AM
Mon, Jul. 20, 10:45 AM
- Cowen believes Honeywell (HON +1%) faces many hurdles in organically developing a market leading telematics position in the aircraft connectivity market and as a result could turn to M&A to fill the gap.
- Honeywell targets could include Teledyne (TDY -0.5%), BE Aerospace (BEAV +0.6%) or Astronics (ATRO -0.1%), which could augment its "connectivity offering and bolster the firm's channel-to-market for selling telematics services."
- Cowen also reiterated its Outperform rating and $116 price target on Honeywell shares.
Fri, Jul. 17, 7:41 AM
- Net income of $1.2B, or $1.51 a share, vs. $1.1B, or $1.38 a share, in the same quarter a year ago.
- Q2 sales by segment: Aerospace -5%; Automation and Control Solutions -1%; Performance Materials -9%.
- Q2 profit by segment: Aerospace +2%; Automation and Control Solutions +6%; Performance Materials +7%.
- "We saw growth acceleration...within aerospace, continued growth in our commercial and industrial businesses within ACS, and higher volume across our advanced materials portfolio, particularly in fluorine products," CEO Dave Cote said in a statement.
- Honeywell (NYSE:HON) maintains its 2015 sales outlook of $39B-$39.6B, but upped its EPS outlook to a range of $6.05-$6.15, raising the low end from $6.00.
- HON +1.5% premarket
- Q2 results
Fri, Jul. 17, 7:01 AM
Thu, Jul. 16, 5:30 PM
Thu, Jul. 16, 10:17 AM
- During its nine-year mission to the edge of the solar system, New Horizons was guided from launch to destination by Honeywell (HON +0.4%) Aerospace's navigation technologies, including two Miniature Inertial Measurement Units.
- In addition to the MIMUs, Honeywell provided the Fault-Tolerant Inertial Navigation and Redundant Rate Gyro Units for the space probe’s launch vehicle.
- The journey to Pluto marks the 11th deep-space mission for Honeywell's MIMU.
Wed, Jul. 15, 9:32 AM
- Honeywell (HON +0.2%) will help improve operations for China's long-distance Guangxi Liquefied Natural Gas high-pressure pipeline to meet the demand for natural gas in Guangxi.
- The project will use Honeywell Process Solutions gas measurement and equipment and software to measure the flow and pressure in the pipeline.
Mon, Jun. 22, 9:27 AM
Thu, Jun. 18, 3:54 AM
- U.S. commercial drone operations could take off on a large scale by next June, after FAA officials said they expect to finalize regulations for the unmanned aircraft within the next 12 months.
- The news has commercial drone operators hoping for looser terms than the proposed regulations announced in February. Those rules required drones to fly during daylight hours only, remain within an operator's visual line of sight and stay at a 500 foot ceiling.
- Commercial drone-related stocks: AMBA, AMZN, AVAV, DPZ, HON, INVN, IXYS, GPRO, TRMB
Mon, Jun. 15, 8:12 AM
- Virgin Atlantic Airways will be the first airline to install Honeywell's (NYSE:HON) new flight management service that helps airlines increase efficiency and improve fuel conservation.
- The service provides pilots with access to updated and customized wind and temperature information to better optimize the vertical profile of a flight and improve fuel predictions.
Tue, Jun. 2, 10:29 AM| Tue, Jun. 2, 10:29 AM | Comment!
Mon, May 18, 12:59 PM
- Honeywell (HON +0.1%) CEO Dave Cote tells Bloomberg he is open to considering acquisitions in water and health care, both potential new business lines, while looking mostly in industries similar to where HON operates now, such as energy and automation besides aerospace, chemicals and climate controls.
- Cote’s willingness to explore fields new to HON shows his pursuit of a five-year goal set in 2014 to spend $10B on takeovers, about double the tally in the prior half-decade, as the company sits on a record $9.1B cash pile and last made a $1B-plus purchase in 2010.
- Cote says he does not prefer to use excess cash toward share buybacks, believing 80% of companies do so at the wrong time.
Mon, May 11, 8:07 AM
- With the shedding of its finance arm last month, GE has indicated that it can deliver 10% earnings growth annually from its industrial side in the next four years, but Honeywell (NYSE:HON) has been delivering on 10%-plus profit growth ever since it remade itself more than a decade ago.
- Honeywell shares could rise by about 20% in the next year and close to 50% in the longer-term if it continues to meet its forecasts and improve its margins, writes Barron's Sandra Ward.
- HON shares are trading at around 15x the company's 2016 earnings estimates, well below the average of 17x assigned to multi-industrial companies.
- In contrast to GE, which saw its shares lose 33% of their value in the past 13 years as its strategy meandered and its massive financial operations foundered, Honeywell has risen 200%. Sales have nearly doubled to $40B, and its market value has mushroomed to $80B from $20B.
Fri, May 8, 6:28 PM
- GE is awarded a $2B five-year contract to supply helicopter engines to Taiwan's government and support a number of U.S. military services, the Defense Department reports.
- The contract covers work on GE's T700 701D and T700 401C engines used to power Black Hawk helicopters built by Sikorsky Aircraft (NYSE:UTX).
- The DoD also says Honeywell (NYSE:HON), Siemens (OTCPK:SIEGY) and others have been awarded a $1.5B U.S. Army contract for the design, construction and operation of energy savings projects.
Tue, Apr. 28, 9:21 AM
- Honeywell's (NYSE:HON) Performance Materials and Technologies division has opened a new manufacturing facility in China to produce catalysts used to make components for plastics production.
- The catalysts will covert propane to propylene as demand for the building block grows and traditional sources for the product shrink.
HON vs. ETF Alternatives
Honeywell International Inc is a technology & manufacturing company, serving customers with aerospace products & services, control, sensing and security technologies for buildings, homes and industry, turbochargers, automotive products, chemicals.
Other News & PR