Jul. 28, 2014, 10:28 AM
- Honeywell's (HON -1.1%) BendixKing division has announced its affordable Internet system data plan aimed at general aviation aircraft.
- The new data plan transforms the status quo of data consumption allowing owners and operators to purchase data based upon how many hours they use vs. how much data they consume. Operators will be able to purchase 50 hours of internet connectivity for $1,999.
- "With the data plan for AeroWave 100, we eliminated the ridiculously expensive price barrier for obtaining in-flight connectivity for the light jet and turboprop market," says BendixKing President Kevin Gould. "Delivering real, usable Internet connectivity for under $40 per hour completely changes the market."
Jul. 25, 2014, 9:45 AM
Jul. 18, 2014, 8:51 AM
- Total Honeywell (NYSE:HON) sales rose 6% Y/Y to 10.3B, bringing up operating income margin 110 bps to 15.4% from 14.3%.
- Cash flow from operations climbed 7% Y/Y to 1.3B, with a free cash flow of $1.1B rising 5% Y/Y.
- The company lowered its full-year sales guidance to $40.2B-$40.4B from $40.3-$40.7B, a drop of 3-4%, but increased its EPS expectations 10-12% to a full-year target of $5.45-$5.55.
- Segment performance: Aerospace sales of $3B were flat Y/Y driven by 1% commercial sales growth and offset by a 1% decline in defense & space.
- Automation and control solution sales were up 10% reported, 3% organic Y/Y, propelled by the favorable impact of acquisitions net of divestitures and growth in energy, safety, and security.
- Performance materials and technologies sales rose 6% Y/Y due to UOP catalyst and gas processing growth and higher sales in advanced materials.
- Transportation systems sales increased 8% reported, 4% organic Y/Y pushed by continued growth from new platform launches, higher global automotive production, and increased commercial vehicle demand in Europe.
- Q2 results
Jul. 18, 2014, 7:03 AM| Comment!
Jul. 17, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 14, 2014, 10:32 AM
- Honeywell (HON +0.7%) has completed its sale of its Friction Materials business to Federal-Mogul (FDML +0.4%) with the aim of realigning its portfolio to match the company's focused industries. The deal is valued at ~$155M.
- "The sale of the Friction Materials business is a significant step in our effort to fully align the Honeywell portfolio around Great Positions in Good Industries," says Chairman and CEO Dave Cote.
- The company is also repositioning its Transportation Systems business segment with its Aerospace business segment to take advantage of the engineering and technology similarities between the two.
- The realignments will have no effect on the Company's historical consolidated financial position, results of operations, or cash flows.
Jun. 16, 2014, 10:17 AM| Comment!
Apr. 28, 2014, 10:26 AM| Comment!
Apr. 17, 2014, 9:12 AM
- Honeywell (HON) reported slightly better than expected Q1 earnings, helped by strong sales of turbochargers for automobiles and home thermostats and security systems.
- HON raises the lower end of its EPS outlook for the year by five cents, now expecting a profit of $5.40-$5.55, citing Q1 performance as well as the overall favorable outlook for its key end markets.
- Sales at the automation and control- ystems business, which serves the commercial construction industry, rose 7.6% to $4B; aerospace unit sales fell 1.8% to $2.86B; performance materials and technologies sales rose 2.2% to $1.75B; transportation systems sales aded 8.6% to $993M.
- Shares +0.2% premarket.
Apr. 17, 2014, 7:34 AM
Apr. 17, 2014, 12:05 AM
Apr. 16, 2014, 5:30 PM
Apr. 7, 2014, 10:24 AM
- Honeywell (HON -0.4%) CFO Dave Anderson is retiring after a decade at the company and will be replaced by Tom Szlosek, who was previously VP of Corporate Finance.
- The move is part of a reshuffle of Honeywell's leadership, with senior execs Andreas Kramvis and Roger Fradin being promoted to the newly created positions of Vice Chairmen. Kramvis was the head of the company's Performance Materials & Technologies (PMT) division, while Fradin ran Automation & Control Solutions (ACS).
- Honeywell is also moving its Process Solutions operations from ACS to PMT, which includes UOP and Advanced Materials as well.
- ACS will comprise Honeywell Building Solutions and Energy, Safety & Security. (PR)
Mar. 5, 2014, 7:44 AM
- Honeywell (HON +2.5%) wants to increase annual revenues to $50B by 2018 from $39.1B last year.
- Ahead of its annual investor day today, the company said it plans to spend $10B on acquisitions that would bring in $5-8B in sales; excluding any deals, the firm expects revenues to increase by $7-12B.
- Honeywell also forecasts that earnings will grow at a double-digit pace in percentage terms over the next few years, and it aims to increase segment profit margins by 18.5-20% from 16.3% in 2012. (PR)
Mar. 4, 2014, 3:58 PM
- Honeywell (HON +1.1%) and DuPont (DD +1.9%) reportedly face a European Union complaint for violating antitrust rules over the only car coolant chemical that currently meets new EU standards on greenhouse gas emissions.
- It’s a new twist in a long-running saga over the HFO-1234yf chemical, which is expected to be a cash cow for the two companies, as it replaces ozone-depleting alternatives that can’t be included in new vehicles sold in the EU starting in 2017.
- The new chemical is considered more expensive than its predecessor, and "with patent-protected supply plus a more expensive manufacturing process, a price premium will exist for some time,” an analyst says.
Feb. 13, 2014, 3:41 PM| Comment!
HON vs. ETF Alternatives
Honeywell International Inc is a technology & manufacturing company, serving customers with aerospace products & services, control, sensing and security technologies for buildings, homes and industry, turbochargers, automotive products, chemicals.
Other News & PR