Dec. 10, 2014, 9:26 AM
Dec. 9, 2014, 5:30 PM
Nov. 10, 2014, 10:08 AM
- Releasing preliminary FQ4 results ahead of a conference presentation, Toll Brothers reported sizable year-over-year sales gains both in terms of units and dollars. The ASP of homes delivered of $747K was up 6.3% from a year ago. The ASP of signed contracts in FQ4 of $757K was up 5%.
- PulteGroup (PHM +2.6%) is also benefitting from an upgrade to Buy at BofA. Others: Lennar (LEN +2.7%), D.R. Horton (DHI +2.1%), Ryland (RYL +3.1%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.4%), KB Home (KBH +3.1%).
- ETFs: ITB, XHB
Oct. 22, 2014, 10:27 AM
Oct. 13, 2014, 8:11 AM
Oct. 10, 2014, 9:46 AM
- The upgrades look like valuation calls, with Hovnanian (HOV +2.9%) - down 46% YTD - boosted to Sector Perform from Underperform, and Pulte Group (PHM -1.2%) getting the same treatment after falling 13%.
- The favorite of the group is KB Home (KBH -0.3%) which is boosted to Outperform from Sector Perform after a 20% YTD decline.
Sep. 17, 2014, 10:04 AM
- Lennar's sizable earnings beat included a 23% gain in new orders - a strong result given the slowdown seen from some other builders.
- Previously: Lennar up 4.3% after reporting big quarter
- ETFs: ITB +2.6%, XHB +1.8%
- Individual players: Ryland (RYL +4.8%) Pulte (PHM +3.8%), Toll Bros. (TOL +3.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +4%), Hovnanian (HOV +5.8%), KB Home (KBH +4.4%), Comstock (CHCI +4.2%), Standard Pacific (SPF +3.8%).
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:48 AM
- Net income of $17.1M, or $0.11 per share vs. $8.5M, or $0.06 per share in the prior year's third quarter.
- Deliveries, including unconsolidated joint ventures increased 3.1% to 1,549 homes vs. 1,502 in the fiscal 2013 third quarter.
- Consolidated active selling communities increased 5.4% to 196 communities vs. 186 at July 31, 2013.
- Consolidated net contracts decreased 6.3% to 1,357 homes vs. 1,448 homes in last year's third quarter.
- FQ3 results
Sep. 4, 2014, 9:19 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Sep. 3, 2014, 10:16 AM
- The homebuilders are lower in early action following Toll Brothers beating earnings estimates, but expressing caution on pricing power, and cutting guidance for full-year home deliveries.
- ITB -0.8%, XHB -0.5%.
- Individual names: Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), Lennar (LEN -1.5%), KB Home (KBH -1.8%), PulteGroup (PHM -1.4%), D.R. Horton (DHI -1.1%), Ryland (RYL -1.5%), NVR (NVR -1.1%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.1%).
Aug. 19, 2014, 10:31 AM
- A far-faster-than-expected 15.7% gain in housing starts in July has the homebuilders sharply higher. Lenner (LEN +2.6%), Comstock (CHCI +5.8%), Ryland (RYL +2.4%), Hovnanian (HOV +3.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI +2.1%), Toll Bros. (TOL +1.4%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.1%), KB Home (KBH +1.9%).
- Commenting on the number, Bill McBride notes starts in Q1 averaged 925K on a seasonally-adjusted annualized rate, 997K in Q2, and that Q3 appears to be off to a solid start (1.093M in July). By year's end, McBride expects 2014 housing starts to increase by a double-digit pace over a weak 2013.
Aug. 6, 2014, 10:24 AM
- Hovnanian (HOV +0.8%) says it is now entering the Charleston, South Carolina market and plans on building a K. Hovnanian's ® Four Seasons at the Lakes of Cane Bay.
- The new community will be a private gated community featuring over 800 energy efficient homes.
- Many K. Hovnanian's® Four Seasons active adult communities are scattered nationwide, but this will be the company's first active adult community in South Carolina.
Jul. 24, 2014, 10:09 AM
- The ITB is lower by 1.5% and the XHB by 0.7% with earlier earnings misses from Pulte (PHM -1.5%) and D.R. Horton (DHI -5%). and just-released disappointing new home sales data weighing. Also reporting this morning was M/I Homes (MHO -3.2%), and that company beat estimates.
- June single-family new home sales of 406K fell 8.1% from May's rate of 442K (which was revised down from 504K). Expectations for June sales were 479K.
- The supply of new homes rises to 5.8 months at June's sales pace from 5.2 months previously.
- Other names: Lennar (LEN -1.6%), Ryland (RYL -2.3%), Standard Pacific (SPF -2%), Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), Toll Brothers (TOL -2.2%).
Jun. 24, 2014, 10:09 AM
- May's adjusted annual pace of 504K new home sales is the fastest print in six years. The number is 18.6% above April's pace and 16.9% higher than a year ago. The supply of new homes on the market at the current sales pace dropped to 4.5 months worth from 5.3 months in April.
- Sales in the Northeast jumped to 34K from 22K in April, and those in the West to 130K from 97K.
- Full report
- Homebuilder ETFs: ITB +1.2%, XHB +0.7%.
- Toll Bros. (TOL +1.2%), Lennar (LEN +1.4%), D.R. Horton (DHI +1.7%), KB Home (KBH +1.7%), Hovnanian (HOV +1.3%), PulteGroup (PHM +1.3%)
- Previously: New home sales soar past estimates
Jun. 20, 2014, 10:38 AM
- The averages are nudging higher, but not the homebuilder names after Owens Corning cuts 2014 guidance on continued weakness in its roofing business.
- Soft action in Q1 continued through April and May, says the company, which now sees H1 roofing volumes as much as 20% lower than 2013. Owens still expects H2 to be better, but is less confident of that forecast today than it was a few months ago.
- ETFs: ITB -1.3%, XHB -1.2%
- Toll Bros. (TOL -1.6%), TriPointe Homes (TPH -1.3%), Lennar (LEN -1.6%), Ryland (RYL -1.8%), Hovnanian (HOV -0.9%), PulteGroup (PHM -1.2%), D.R. Horton (DHI -0.8%), Standard Pacific (SPF -1.8%)
HOV vs. ETF Alternatives
Hovnanian Enterprises Inc designs, constructs, markets and sells single-family detached homes, attached townhomes and condominiums, urban infill and active adult homes in planned residential developments.
Other News & PR