There are no Focus articles on HPC.
Thu, Aug. 7, 4:46 PM
- Nvidia (NASDAQ:NVDA) expects FQ3 revenue of $1.2B (+/- 2%), above a $1.16B consensus. Stabilizing PC sales appear to be providing a lift.
- FQ2 gross margin was 56.4%, +130 bps Q/Q and +10 bps Y/Y, and above guidance of 54%. FQ3 GM is expected to amount to 55.5% (+/- 50 bps).
- GPU sales -2% Q/Q and +2% Y/Y to $878M; they rose 14% in FQ1. GPU sales for gaming PCs (a high-margin business) rose 10% Y/Y, boosted by a recent refresh. Tesla (HPC), Grid (cloud), and Quadro (workstation) GPU sales are also healthy.
- Tegra sales, which fell hard during much of 2013, rose 14% Q/Q and 200% Y/Y to $159M (boosted by the Tegra K1). Automotive Tegra sales were up 74% Y/Y.
- Opex +2% Y/Y to $411M. $500M worth of shares were received through Nvidia's structured buyback agreement.
- FQ2 results, PR, CFO comments (.pdf)
Thu, Jan. 30, 3:58 PM
- In addition to missing Q4 revenue estimates (while beating on EPS), Mellanox (MLNX -5.1%) guided on its CC (transcript) for Q1 revenue of $100M-$105M, below a $112.4M consensus.
- The maker of InfiniBand/Ethernet switches and adapter cards also said it expects its 2014 revenue to rise Y/Y, but analysts are already forecasting 28% growth.
- When pressed by a Stifel analyst regarding the Q1 guidance, CEO Eyal Waldman mentioned "a large portion" of Mellanox customers in the high-performance computing (HPC) space (responsible for half of its revenue) are waiting for the launch of Intel's Grantley server CPUs (expected in Q3).
- It looks as if Barclays' pre-earnings take was more accurate than Stifel's.
Sep. 27, 2013, 12:35 PM
- EMC (EMC -0.4%) is creating an Emerging Technology Products unit that features the company's XtremIO flash storage systems, XtremSF server flash cards and XtremSW flash caching software, and hybrid cloud gateway and high-performance computing (HPC) storage products.
- The Register's Chris Mellor observes EMC doesn't technically offer either of the last two product types right now. The closest EMC comes is a Cloud Tiering Appliance for migrating inactive data, and a pre-configured mid-range VNX storage system meant to work with HPC systems from private Terascala.
- The Register's EMC sources indicate the unit "will run itself like a set of start-ups," and feature "businesses which are just starting out and are not producing substantial revenue."
- EMC has hired C.J. Desai, until now the head of Symantec's (SYMC -0.5%) Information Management unit (covers a variety of storage management software), to run the division. Information Management accounted for 37% of Symantec's June quarter revenue, and saw 4% Y/Y sales growth.
Oct. 27, 2008, 12:10 AM
Jul. 21, 2008, 4:53 PM
Jul. 21, 2008, 3:10 PM
Jul. 21, 2008, 12:03 AM
Jul. 11, 2008, 7:48 AM
Currently, there's no company description for HPC.
Country: United States
Other News & PR