Wed, Jun. 17, 8:45 AM
- Hill-Rom Holdings (NYSE:HRC) acquires privately-held Welch Allyn for $2.05B in cash and stock, specifically $1.625B in cash and ~8.1M newly issued shares of HRC common. The transaction is expected to close before the end of September.
- Welch Allyn markets a diversified portfolio of point-of-care products including blood pressure monitors, vital signs devices and clinical surveillance systems.
- The combined company will have revenues of $2.6B and generate over $500M in non-GAAP EBITDA. The transaction will be immediately accretive to HRC's non-GAAP gross and EBITDA margins and non-GAAP EPS. In 2016, the deal will add more than 10% to non-GAAP EPS and more thereafter.
- Financial guidance provided on May 5 affirmed.
Jun. 16, 2014, 12:36 PM
- Hill-Rom Holdings (HRC +2.1%) acquires Trumpf Medical, the medical division of privately-held Trumpf Group for $250M in cash. Trumpf Medical provides a portfolio of operating room (OR) infrastructure products such as surgical tables & lighting and supply units. The acquisition expands HRC's presence in Asia/Pacific, the Middle East, Eastern Europe and Latin America.
- The incorporation of Trumpf Medical is expected to close in late fiscal Q4 and will add $0.12 - 0.15 to adjusted EPS. The business generated ~$250M in sales over the past 12 months.
Aug. 15, 2012, 3:23 PMHill-Rom (HRC +5.8%) trade up today after Kinetic Concepts sold its competing Therapeutic Support Systems unit to Getinge AB for around $275M. The valuation of the acquisition, along with speculation that HRC could become a takeover target appears to be what's driving the move. | Aug. 15, 2012, 3:23 PM | Comment!
HRC vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR