If There Is Such A Thing As A Free Lunch In The Markets, Stans Energy's Favorable Settlement Comes Close
- Stans Energy was awarded $118M in a settlement by the Arbitration Court at the Moscow Chamber of Commerce and Industry.
- The market cap sits at just a fraction of the settlement amount, so the market doesn't think the company can collect, but presents significant upside potential for investors.
- The Government of Ontario backs the legal claim so Stans should be able to collect on liquid assets worth the $118M.
- Stans's situation leads to it becoming a buyout target.
- Management needs to act quickly if the company doesn't want to be a target of a hostile takeover and wants its choice of assets as compensation.