Today, 9:44 AM
- Stratasys' (NASDAQ:SSYS) Q4 revenue was slightly above the guidance implied by its Feb. 2 warning, and EPS in-line. The company is reiterating the 2015 revenue and EPS guidance provided in the warning - $940M-$960M and $2.07-$2.24, respectively - as well as expectations 2015 EPS will be "derived disproportionately" from 2H15. Long-term growth/margin targets are also reiterated.
- Q4 product revenue (hurt by MakerBot pressures) +25% Y/Y to $168.6M, a notable slowdown from Q3's 48%. Services revenue +141% to $48.5M, after growing 145% in Q3. 11,214 3D printing/additive manufacturing systems were sold, and MakerBot revenue totaled $26.6M.
- Gross margin was 56%, down from 58.3% in Q3 and 60.2% a year ago. SG&A spend +61% Y/Y to $75.3M; R&D +38% to $23.2M.
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is following Stratasys higher. This morning, 3D announced it has added Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), the top provider of healthcare products/services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, as a distributor. Henry Schein will resell 3D's ProJet 1200 and 3510 3D printer lines to dental lab customers.
- Stratasys' Q4 results, PR
Today, 9:32 AM
- Medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) enters into a multi-national distribution agreement with 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) for its 3D printers for use in dental laboratories in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Australia and Thailand.
- Under the terms of the contract, Schein will market and sell 3D's micro-SLA ProJet 1200 and ProJet 3510 DPPro as part of its digital dental lab offering.
- Henry Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor, carrying over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries.
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:12 AM
- Nano cap Atossa Genetics (NASDAQ:ATOS) is up 19% premarket on average volume in response to its announcement that medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will carry the company's FullCYTE Breast Aspirator.
- Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor. It sells over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries. Sales reached a record $10.4B last year.
Wed, Feb. 11, 7:05 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:06 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 4, 2014, 8:31 AM| Comment!
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:03 AM
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Idexx Laboratories (NASDAQ:IDXX) informs distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) that it intends to sell its vet diagnostic products directly in the U.S. effective January 1, 2015. This will eliminate ~$150M in top line sales for Schein and $0.04 - 0.06 in EPS. The company does not forecast a negative impact on 2014 results, however, because it will pick up other brands to sell in the meantime.
Jun. 3, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) acquires Sirona Direct, the France dental distribution business of Sirona Dental Systems for Paris and Normandy. The business generates $14M in sales per annum.
- Schein also signs an exclusive distribution agreement with Sirona Dental Systems for its full line of dental equipment for most of France.
- France is one of the largest dental markets in Europe with 36K dentists serving ~66M people.
May. 28, 2014, 9:27 AM
- Medical products distributor Henry Schein (HSIC) establishes its presence in South America with its 50% investment in Santa Catarina, Brazil-based Dental Speed Graph, the largest direct marketing provider of dental consumable products in Brazil. The company has 170 employees, serves 55,000 customers and generated $28M in revenues last year.
May. 21, 2014, 11:35 AM
- athenahealth (ATHN +0.6%) and Henry Schein Medical (HSIC +0.5%) form a strategic partnership to help physicians operate more efficient high-quality-of-care practices by jointly marketing athenahealth's athenaOne suite of EHR, integrated revenue cycle management and patient communication services. Schein will offer athenahealth services as part of its ConnectHealth offering which helps doctors digitize their practices. Schein serves ~50% of physician practices in the U.S. through its 600 sales reps.
- athenahealth Chairman and CEO Jonathan Bush says, "athenahealth's agreement with Henry Schein aligns with our vision to become the leading connectivity platform in health care. We will leverage Henry Schein's unparalleled reach and deep relationships to educate providers on our robust services, which fully support health care providers throughout the care delivery cycle, and to grow our national health care cloud network."
May. 6, 2014, 8:42 AM
May. 6, 2014, 7:13 AM
HSIC vs. ETF Alternatives
Henry Schein Inc is engaged in providing health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. It also provides its services to government, institutional health care clinics and other alternate care clinics.
Other News & PR