Mon, May. 4, 8:52 AM| Comment!
Mon, May. 4, 7:02 AM
Sun, May. 3, 5:30 PM
Fri, Mar. 13, 6:05 PM
- Data center owner Equinix (NASDAQ:EQIX), real estate trust SL Green (NYSE:SLG), and apparel maker Hanesbrands (NYSE:HBI) will be joining the S&P 500 after the March 20 close. Medical distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will be joining after the March 17 close.
- Leaving the index are oil/gas producer Denbury Resources (NYSE:DNR), energy services provider Nabors (NYSE:NBR), beauty product maker Avon (NYSE:AVP), and medical device maker CareFusion (about to be acquired). Denbury, Nabors, and Avon will be joining the S&P MidCap 400, taking Equinix, SL Green, and Hanesbrands' spots.
- Also: Buffalo Wild Wings (NASDAQ:BWLD) is taking Henry Schein's place in the S&P 400 on March 17, and Talmer Bancorp (NASDAQ:TLMR) Buffalo Wild Wings' spot in the S&P SmallCap 600.
- EQIX +2.1% AH. SLG +2%. HBI +3.7%. TLMR +3.6%. NBR -1.8%.
Mon, Mar. 2, 9:44 AM
- Stratasys' (NASDAQ:SSYS) Q4 revenue was slightly above the guidance implied by its Feb. 2 warning, and EPS in-line. The company is reiterating the 2015 revenue and EPS guidance provided in the warning - $940M-$960M and $2.07-$2.24, respectively - as well as expectations 2015 EPS will be "derived disproportionately" from 2H15. Long-term growth/margin targets are also reiterated.
- Q4 product revenue (hurt by MakerBot pressures) +25% Y/Y to $168.6M, a notable slowdown from Q3's 48%. Services revenue +141% to $48.5M, after growing 145% in Q3. 11,214 3D printing/additive manufacturing systems were sold, and MakerBot revenue totaled $26.6M.
- Gross margin was 56%, down from 58.3% in Q3 and 60.2% a year ago. SG&A spend +61% Y/Y to $75.3M; R&D +38% to $23.2M.
- 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) is following Stratasys higher. This morning, 3D announced it has added Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC), the top provider of healthcare products/services to office-based dental, animal health, and medical practitioners, as a distributor. Henry Schein will resell 3D's ProJet 1200 and 3510 3D printer lines to dental lab customers.
- Stratasys' Q4 results, PR
Mon, Mar. 2, 9:32 AM
- Medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) enters into a multi-national distribution agreement with 3D Systems (NYSE:DDD) for its 3D printers for use in dental laboratories in the U.S., Canada, France, Germany, Australia and Thailand.
- Under the terms of the contract, Schein will market and sell 3D's micro-SLA ProJet 1200 and ProJet 3510 DPPro as part of its digital dental lab offering.
- Henry Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor, carrying over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries.
Thu, Feb. 26, 8:12 AM
- Nano cap Atossa Genetics (NASDAQ:ATOS) is up 19% premarket on average volume in response to its announcement that medical products distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) will carry the company's FullCYTE Breast Aspirator.
- Schein is the world's largest healthcare products distributor. It sells over 100,000 products to over 1M customers in 28 countries. Sales reached a record $10.4B last year.
Wed, Feb. 11, 7:05 AM
Tue, Feb. 10, 5:30 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 7:06 AM
Nov. 5, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AAP, AAWW, AEE, AES, AINV, AKRX, AMCX, AMRC, AMSC, AOL, APA, AZN, BBG, BCE, BCRX, BDBD, BKCC, BR, CDW, CECE, CECO, CNK, CNQ, COTY, CPN, CRZO, CVC, CYNI, DNOW, DTV, ERJ, FSYS, FUN, FUR, GEO, GLP, GNRC, GOLD, HAIN, HII, HNR, HSC, HSIC, HSP, HZNP, IT, KATE, KERX, KLIC, LIN, LMIA, LPI, MITL, MPEL, MWIV, NAVB, NRF, NTWK, NXTM, ONE, OWW, PBH, PDCE, PERI, PHMD, PKD, PMC, PNK, POZN, PRFT, PRGO, PRIM, PTCT, RDNT, RGEN, SATS, SCMP, SFUN, SFY, SGM, SLH, SNI, SNMX, SRPT, TAP, TCPC, TDC, TEDU, THS, TK, TNDM, TPH, TU, VC, VIVO, WAC, WD, WEN, WIN, ZEUS
Aug. 4, 2014, 8:31 AM| Comment!
Aug. 4, 2014, 7:03 AM
Aug. 3, 2014, 5:30 PM
Jul. 25, 2014, 8:30 AM
- Idexx Laboratories (NASDAQ:IDXX) informs distributor Henry Schein (NASDAQ:HSIC) that it intends to sell its vet diagnostic products directly in the U.S. effective January 1, 2015. This will eliminate ~$150M in top line sales for Schein and $0.04 - 0.06 in EPS. The company does not forecast a negative impact on 2014 results, however, because it will pick up other brands to sell in the meantime.
Jun. 3, 2014, 8:25 AM
- Henry Schein (HSIC) acquires Sirona Direct, the France dental distribution business of Sirona Dental Systems for Paris and Normandy. The business generates $14M in sales per annum.
- Schein also signs an exclusive distribution agreement with Sirona Dental Systems for its full line of dental equipment for most of France.
- France is one of the largest dental markets in Europe with 36K dentists serving ~66M people.
HSIC vs. ETF Alternatives
Henry Schein Inc is engaged in providing health care products and services to office-based dental, animal health and medical practitioners. It also provides its services to government, institutional health care clinics and other alternate care clinics.
Other News & PR