Mon, Apr. 27, 5:33 PM
Fri, Apr. 24, 7:00 AM
- Apollo Global Management (NYSE:APO) and Dean Matropoulus are looking to sell Hostess after only holding the brand for about two years, according to the New York Post.
- Sources indicate at least one buyer is willing to pay the $2B price tag.
- Hostess was sold out of bankruptcy for $410M and now operates under a more cost-efficient structure.
- Analysts think Hostess could be grown to a billion-dollar brand.
- Snack rivals includes Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Flower Foods (NYSE:FLO), and Grupo Bimbo (OTCPK:GRBMF).
Thu, Apr. 23, 8:36 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports net sales rose 4.6% excluding unfavorable foreign currency translation in Q1.
- Segment sales: North America: $1.71B (+2.9%); International & other: $230.8M (+8.5%).
- Adjusted gross margin rate improved 10 bps to 46.6%.
- EBIT margin fell 200 bps to 20.3%.
- FY2015 Guidance: Net sales: +4.5% to +5.5%; Gross margin rate: +155 bps to +165 bps; GAAP EPS: $4.17 to $4.28; Adjusted EPS: $4.30 to $4.38;
- HSY -1.86% premarket.
Thu, Apr. 23, 7:10 AM
Wed, Apr. 22, 5:30 PM
- ABBV, AEP, ALK, ALXN, ASPS, AVT, BAX, BBT, BCC, BEAV, BHE, BKU, BMS, BTU, CAB, CAM, CAT, CFX, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COL, COR, CSL, DAN, DGX, DHR, DLX, DNKN, DOW, DPS, DPZ, DST, EQM, EQT, ERIC, FAF, FCX, FNB, GM, GMT, GPK, GRA, HP, HSY, HUB.B, IQNT, IR, IVC, JAH, JCI, JNS, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MDP, MDSO, MHO, MJN, MMM, MO, MTH, NDAQ, NUE, NVS, NWE, ORI, PENN, PEP, PG, PHM, PII, PNK, PRLB, PTEN, RS, RTIX, RTN, SFE, SNA, SQNS, STC, SUI, SWK, SXC, SYNT, UAL, UNP, USG, UTEK, WBC, WCC, WNS
Mon, Apr. 20, 7:29 AM| Comment!
Fri, Apr. 10, 1:02 PM
- Hershey (HSY +0.1%) says it will source enough cocoa from sustainable sources to easily meet demand for chocolate brands Brookside, Kit Kat, Kisses, and Hershey's.
- The sustainable sourced cocoa amount will continue to increase to reach a level that will include other global brands such as Reese's in 2017.
- The company set some ambitious targets on cocoa sourcing earlier this year.
Thu, Apr. 2, 7:25 AM| Comment!
Thu, Mar. 26, 12:37 PM
- Deutsche Bank thinks 3G Capital will be back in the food sector for a major acquisition faster than some other investment firms anticipate.
- 3G put itself in a stronger position to make a major purchase by not adding debt in the Kraft deal.
- Analyst Eric Katzman sees some food names trading with a premium as the 3G shadow hangs over the sector, while others have downside risk with M&A speculation not making as much sense.
- Premium on: ConAgra (NYSE:CAG), General Mills (NYSE:GIS), Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ), Pinnacle Foods (NYSE:PF), PepsiCo (NYSE:PEP).
- Premium off: Campbell Soup (NYSE:CPB), Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Hormel (NYSE:HRL), Kellogg (NYSE:K), J.M. Smucker (NYSE:SJM).
- Previously: Investors snapping up food stocks (Mar. 25 2015)
- Previously: Beer fallout from Kraft buyout (Mar. 25 2015)
- Previously: Kraft-Heinz merger has a few ETFs on the move (Mar. 25 2015)
Mon, Mar. 9, 7:00 AM
- WhiteWave Foods (NYSE:WWAV) is in talks to buy U.K. firm Quorn, according to Sky News.
- Quorn, which is owned by P-E firm Exponent Private Equity, distributes food to more than 2K Wal-Mart stores.
- Hain Celestial (NASDAQ:HAIN) are Hershey (NYSE:HSY) have been mentioned as other potential bidders for Quorn.
Fri, Mar. 6, 10:46 AM
- Global consumer staples stocks are weaker than market averages as concerns on market pricing and F/X sit in the background.
- The 1.21% gain in the U.S. Dollar Index isn't going unnoticed by traders.
- Notable decliners include General Mills (NYSE:GIS) -1.6%, Colgate-Palmolive (NYSE:CL) -2.0%, Unilever (NYSE:UL) -1.9%, General Mills (GIS) -1.8%, Mondelez International (NASDAQ:MDLZ) -1.9%, Post Holdings (NYSE:POST) -1.8%, Hershey (NYSE:HSY) -1.8%, Coca-Cola (NYSE:KO) -1.2%.
- The Consumer Staples ETF (NYSEARCA:XLP) is down 1.2% versus S&P 500 -0.4%.
- Other staples ETFs: VDC, FXG, RHS, FSTA, PSL, PSCC
Thu, Feb. 26, 7:01 PM
- Patricia Little, currently the CFO of staffing services firm Kelly Services (NASDAQ:KELYA), has been named Hershey's (NYSE:HSY) new CFO, effective March 16.
- Hershey's last permanent CFO, David Tacka, announced in September he'd be retiring by the end of 2014. Accounting chief Richard McConville has been serving as interim CFO.
Thu, Feb. 19, 3:06 PM
- New recommendations from the USDA's Dietary Guidelines Advisory Committee call for reduced consumption of sugar in the U.S. in order to help alleviate obesity.
- A tax on foods with high sugar content has been part of the discussion.
- Analysis from the group on sugar supplement aspartame was mixed.
- The consumption of sodas by children is of particular concern to the group which also issued broader guidelines on dietary health.
- Food lobbyists are expected to challenge some of the proposals.
- USDA press release
- Related stocks: KRFT, MDLZ, PEP, KO, HSY, RMCF, MNST, TR.
Wed, Feb. 18, 4:19 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) presented today at the CAGNY conference.
- Digital initiatives and a move toward healthier ingredients were two major themes of the talk.
- A new $250M share repurchase agreement was unveiled by management.
- The company also reiterated its previous guidance of 2015 revenue growth of 5.5% to 7.5% and EPS of $4.30-$4.38 vs. $4.36 consensus.
- HSY closed today +1.0% with some late momentum.
Fri, Jan. 30, 1:34 PM
- Heshey's (HSY -0.7%) deal to buy Krave this week brings some new categories to the company.
- Krave specializes in healthy snacks - including nuts, trail mixes, and jerky with no nitrates or artificial flavors.
- A meat bar is planned from Krave later this year.
- The deal price for the Krave acquisition wasn't disclosed by Hersey.
Thu, Jan. 29, 7:33 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports seasonal net sales in the North America were in line with expectations.
- The company saw a 3.1 point benefit to sales growth in Q4 from higher prices.
- Foreign exchange translation clipped 80 bps from sales growth.
- Gross margin rate +30 bps to 44.1%, aided by lower input costs.
- Net margin rate +60 bps to 10.1%.
- HSY -2.7% premarket.
HSY vs. ETF Alternatives
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR