Dec. 3, 2014, 2:14 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) is looking to replace high-fructose corn syrup in some of its products with sugar.
- "We take into account what consumers want. And consumers are telling us between the two, they prefer sugar," says Will Papa, chief research and development officer.
- Hershey is still "exploring" the idea and does not have a time-frame on when it might be complete.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:21 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports organic sales rose 6% in Q3 on solid volume gains.
- Sales in North America +4.2% with early demand for Halloween products a factor.
- International sales +18.4% (below estimates).
- Gross profit rate -230 bps to 43.8% on pressure from dairy prices.
- EBIT margin rate -30 bps to 18.7%.
- Guidance: Hershey forecasts 2015 EPS of $4.37-$4.47 vs. $4.48 consensus. The company expects to gain market share in the Halloween spend by consumers in the U.S.
Oct. 29, 2014, 7:15 AM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ACCO, ADP, AIT, ALKS, ALLY, AMED, ARW, AUO, AVX, BAH, BDC, CCJ, CFR, CKSW, CMC, COT, CTCM, DXYN, ETN, EVER, EXC, GHM, GRMN, GT, H, HES, HSY, IACI, ISSI, JLL, LFUS, MHFI, MRGE, MTH, NVMI, OMG, PAG, PB, PSX, PSXP, PX, RES, RL, ROL, RYAM, SEE, SKYW, SO, SODA, SPW, SPWR, STM, TEL, TFX, UAM, UBSI, VLY, WEC, WLP, WM, XRAY
Oct. 28, 2014, 11:32 AM
- Redbook notes the timing of Halloween on a Friday is giving a boost to merchandise sales related to the holiday as more consumers prep for parties and celebrations.
- Both Redbook and ICSC's weekly read on retail store sales showed year-over-year improvement with Halloween sales a factor.
- Stores have also been extending their hours to draw in more shoppers.
- Looking for a Halloween boost: DLTR, DG, FDO, KR, SVU, SWY, WMT, TGT, HSY, KRFT, CVS, RAD, WAG, MDLZ.
Oct. 3, 2014, 4:24 PM
Sep. 25, 2014, 12:47 PM| Comment!
Sep. 19, 2014, 8:59 AM
Sep. 3, 2014, 4:09 PM
Aug. 29, 2014, 10:07 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 6:49 PM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) CEO John Bilbrey warns that the chocolate maker's first price hike in three years likely will hurt sales volumes for the rest of the year and into 2015, but believes the popularity of chocolate will prevail over the long term.
- "A price increase was necessary to protect our margins," Bilbrey said in today's earnings call.
- HSY announced its average 8% price increase on July 15, saying it was in response to soaring cocoa and dairy prices, and rival Mars said yesterday it was raising prices 7%.
- HSY already is losing market share, and the loss of customers from price increases "will be higher this go-round relative to the price increases of 2011 and 2012," Consumer Edge Research analyst Rob Dickerson says.
Jul. 24, 2014, 10:18 AM
- Hershey’s (HSY -1.9%) Q2 net income increased 5.4% Y/Y to $168.2M from $159.5M in the same quarter a year ago.
- 60% of overall volume growth was derived from new product offerings, with core products contributing the remaining 40%.
- Revenue rose 4.6% to $1.58B from $1.51B Y/Y.
- Due to increased input costs, the company reported a gross margin of 45.5%, 210 basis points lower than the gross margin in Q2 2013.
- Hershey's expects full-year 2014 net sales growth to be around the low end of its long-term 5-7% target due to the impact of price increases and foreign currency exchange rates.
- Q2 earnings
Jul. 24, 2014, 8:44 AM
Jul. 24, 2014, 7:03 AM
Jul. 23, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAL, ABC, ALK, ALXN, ARG, ASPS, BBW, BC, BCC, BHE, BKU, BMS, BMY, BPOP, BSX, CAB, CAM, CAT, CCE, CELG, CLF, CLFD, CLI, CMS, COG, CRI, CRY, CSH, CWEI, DAN, DFT, DGX, DHI, DLX, DNKN, DO, DPS, DST, ECA, EQM, EQT, F, FAF, FLIR, GM, GNTX, GPI, GPK, GRUB, HOT, HSY, IMAX, IMS, IQNT, ISSI, IVC, JAH, JBLU, KEM, KKR, LAZ, LLY, LTM, LUV, MHO, MMM, MTH, MTRN, NBL, NDAQ, NOK, NUE, NWE, O, ORI, OSTK, PCP, PDS, PENN, PHM, PNK, POT, PRLB, PTEN, QSII, RCI, RCL, RDWR, RS, RTIX, RTN, SCHL, SFE, SIAL, SQNS, SUI, SVU, SXC, TDY, TROW, TWI, UA, UAL, UFS, UNP, USG, VAC, VDSI, VIVO, WAB, WCC, WIT, WYN, ZMH
Jul. 17, 2014, 9:03 AM
- The price of palm oil reached a nine-month low earlier today after strong soybean and corn crops this year boosted stockpiles.
- Major companies such as Hershey (NYSE:HSY), Unilever (NYSE:UL), and Procter & Gamble (NYSE:PG) could see reduced input costs due to the development, although many of them have reduced their use of palm oil.
HSY vs. ETF Alternatives
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR