Thu, Jan. 29, 7:33 AM
- Hershey (NYSE:HSY) reports seasonal net sales in the North America were in line with expectations.
- The company saw a 3.1 point benefit to sales growth in Q4 from higher prices.
- Foreign exchange translation clipped 80 bps from sales growth.
- Gross margin rate +30 bps to 44.1%, aided by lower input costs.
- Net margin rate +60 bps to 10.1%.
- HSY -2.7% premarket.
Jul. 16, 2014, 2:09 PM
- Investors are punishing Hershey (HSY -2.5%) after the company raised prices yesterday and offered a new sales forecast on the low end of its previous guidance.
- Credit Suisse cuts it rating on the candy seller to Neutral from Outperform on its view that valuation has outrun earnings growth.
- Though Nestle and Kraft Foods Group are expected to follow with price hikes of their own, analysts think they will squeeze out a little marketing spin on Hershey's higher prices first.
Dec. 19, 2013, 11:19 AM
- Hershey (HSY) buys a majority stake through one of its subsidiaries in Shanghai Golden Monkey Food Company for a deal value of $584M.
- The company will slowly acquire the shares during 2014.
- This year, Shanghai Golden Monkey is on pace to have sales of $225M.
- Hershey expects the deal to be slightly accretive in 2014.
Jul. 26, 2012, 3:10 PMHershey (HSY +1.6%) may need to generate $1B in annual revenue from acquisitions to reach its goal of $10B in sales within five years, CEO John Bilbrey says. HSY seeks to build distribution in emerging economies where it can boost sales to growing middle-class populations; it sees $30B of M&A potential in the highly fragmented global confection and snack market. | Comment!
Apr. 24, 2012, 9:00 AM
Apr. 24, 2012, 7:56 AM
Mar. 12, 2012, 9:47 AMHershey (HSY +1.5%) is raised to Buy at Goldman Sachs, which says it "benefits from portfolio resilience at home and strong momentum abroad... one of the few [packaged food companies] that can maintain organic sales growth momentum and beat earnings expectations." General Mills (GIS -0.3%) and Smuckers (SJM -0.6%) are cut to Neutral. | Comment!
HSY vs. ETF Alternatives
The Hershey Co is engaged in the manufacturing, marketing, selling and distributing chocolate and sugar confectionery products, pantry items, such as baking ingredients, toppings and beverages; and gum and mint refreshment products.
Other News & PR