Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are no Transcripts on HTH.
Business Wire (Nov 12, 2013)
Business Wire (Oct 17, 2013)
HTH Operating Partnership LP Calls for Redemption All Outstanding 7 1/2% Senior Exchangeable Notes due 2025Business Wire (Oct 16, 2013)
Business Wire (Sep 18, 2013)
Business Wire (Sep 13, 2013)
Business Wire (Aug 5, 2013)
Business Wire (May 6, 2013)
Business Wire (Mar 15, 2013)
Business Wire (Dec 3, 2012)
Hilltop Holdings Inc. and PlainsCapital Corporation Announce Regulatory Approval of Planned AcquisitionBusiness Wire (Nov 13, 2012)
at MarketWatch.com (May 9, 2012)
Business Wire (May 9, 2012)
at CNBC.com (May 11, 2010)
HTH vs. ETF Alternatives
Thursday, Dec 53:15 PMDodd-Frank has community banks reassessing growth plans
Thursday, Dec 53:15 PM| Comment!
- At least a caution sign for those hoping for a wave of bank M&A is the $10B red line in assets, above which increased regulatory scrutiny kicks in courtesy of Dodd-Frank. SNL Financial takes note of those lenders close to the $10B line and says they may need to think twice about growth from here: ONB, MBFI, CFFN, HTH.
Tuesday, Nov 1912:50 PMSmall banks picks in a slow-growth market
Tuesday, Nov 1912:50 PM| Comment!
- Regional bank stocks face plenty of challenges after big moves higher this year while loan growth and margins haven't really kept up, but Stephens' Matt Olney says the tailwinds of higher interest rates, continued expense cuts, and more M&A activity are on the way.
- For the expense management theme, BancorpSouth (BXS +0.3%) is a favorite as a new management team moves in - specifically CEO James Rollins who comes over from the "very efficient" Prosperity Bancshares (PB -0.1%).
- In M&A, those best positioned as acquirers are Home Bancshares (HOMB -0.3%), Bank of the Ozarks (OZRK +0.3%), Renasant Corp. (RNST +0.8%), Hilltop Holdings (HTH -1.1%), and First Financial Bancshares (FFIN +0.7%). The management team at HOMB is particularly noteworthy as the management team's "been acquiring banks their whole career and they know how to do it," and the valuation at 4x tangible book gives them valuable currency.
- How about acquirees? The midtier banks aren't yet ready to sell he says, and most of the names being acquired are small, private ones.
- Texas is a favorite area for growth and the pick there (in addition to Hilltop) is Texas Capital Bancshares (TCBI -0.2%) for its exposure to the energy sector.
- Newly added to Olney's Buy list is Pittsburgh's Tristate Capital (TSC -0.5%) at 1.2x tangible equity with the unique kicker of a wealth management division being leveraged to generate loan growth.
- Regional bank ETF: KRE
Tuesday, Nov 126:15 AM
Wednesday, May 92012, 8:15 AM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.