Tue, Feb. 17, 4:29 PM
- Q4 core earnings of $57.2M or $0.59 per share vs. $49.4M and $0.51 in Q3. Dividend is $0.50.
- Book value per share of $22.05 vs. $22.30 three months earlier - unlike most mREIT peers, Hatteras has an adjustable portfolio that doesn't necessarily benefit from the decline in long-term rates.. Economic return - defined as the change in book value plus the dividend - of 11.9% for 2014.
- Effective net interest margin of 1.12% up 15 basis points from Q3. CPR of 15.4% vs. 19%.
- Agency ARMs make up 77.3% of earning assets vs. 78.4% in Q3. 15-year fixed make up 6% vs. 3.6%.
- Conference call tomorrow at 10 ET
- Previously: Hatteras Financial beats by $0.05 (Feb. 17)
- HTS flat after hours
Tue, Feb. 17, 4:13 PM
Mon, Feb. 16, 5:35 PM
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:25 PM
- Q3 core EPS of $0.51 vs. $0.63 in Q2. Dividend of $0.50.
- Book value per share of $22.30 vs. $22.23 at end of Q2. Today's close of $19.06 is a 14.5% discount to book.
- Net interest spread of 1.10% slips 8 basis points from Q2 thanks to yields on the company's MBS falling 14 bps to 1.96%.
- Portfolio size of $19.7B vs. $20.4B. ARMs make up 78.4% of earning assets, down from 82.6% at end of Q2. Effective leverage of 7.6:1 vs. 7.4:1.
- Conference call tomorrow at 10 ET
- HTS flat AH
- Previously: Hatteras Financial misses by $0.07, beats on revenue
Oct. 28, 2014, 5:20 PM| Comment!
Oct. 27, 2014, 5:35 PM
- AEC, AFG, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMP, APC, ARI, AZPN, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BXP, CAP, CBT, CEB, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CRAY, DLR, DNB, DYAX, EA, EIX, EPR, EQR, ESRX, EXP, EXTR, FARO, FB, FEIC, FISV, GFIG, GILD, GPRE, HIW, HLIT, HTA, HTS, HURN, INAP, INVN, IPHI, KEYW, KIM, KONA, MAC, MAR, MCK, MRCY, MWA, NANO, NFX, OI, PEI, PLT, PNRA, PSMT, RJET, ROG, RPXC, SKT, SM, SWI, TQNT, TRN, TSS, UDR, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WDC, WES, WGP, WNC, WSH, WTS, WYNN, X, XCO, XOOM, ZLTQ
Jul. 23, 2014, 11:25 AM
- Core EPS of $0.63 vs. $0.64 in Q1 and dividend of $0.50.
- Net interest spread of 1.18% slips 5 basis points from Q1.
- Book value per share of $22.23 up 1.9% from Q1. The stock's current price of $19.57 is a 12% discount to book.
- Effective leverage of 7.4:1 vs. 7.7:1 in Q1.
- HTS -1.3%
- Previously: Hatteras Financial Corp. beats by $0.05
- From last week: Kain rings the register on Hatteras
Jul. 22, 2014, 4:14 PM
Jul. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:18 PM
- Core EPS of $0.64 per share is up from $0.51 in Q4, and compares to the Q1 dividend of $0.50.
- Book value per share of $21.81 after $0.50 dividend, up from $21.50 at the end of 2013. Today's close of $19.81 is a 9.2% discount to book.
- Net interest spread of 1.25% is off one basis point from Q4. Portfolio size rises to $20.5B from $20.1B.
- CC tomorrow at 10 ET
- Press release, Q1 results
- HTS +0.8% AH
Apr. 22, 2014, 4:08 PM
Apr. 22, 2014, 12:10 AM
Apr. 21, 2014, 5:35 PM
Feb. 12, 2014, 7:23 AM
- Book value of $21.50 per share gained a hair from $21.31 at the end of Q3 and compares to last night's close of $18.81. Core earnings of $0.51 per share compares to the most recent $0.50 dividend.
- Net interest spread jumps to 1.26% from 0.86% in Q3, with the yield on average assets of 2.16% rising from 1.8%. A large driver is the drop in prepayments as rates rose - CPR falls to 14.2% in Q4 from 19.7% previously.
- Portfolio size drops to $20.1B from $23.8B, with leverage dropping to 7:1 drom 7.9:1. Company bought back below-book value shares with some of the cash, repurchasing 1.3M at an average price of $16.91.
- CC at 10 ET
- Press release, Q4 results
- HTS no trades premarket
Feb. 11, 2014, 4:43 PM
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:10 AM
HTS vs. ETF Alternatives
Hatteras Financial Corp is an externally-managed mortgage REIT. It invests in adjustable-rate and hybrid adjustable-rate single-family residential mortgage pass-through securities guaranteed or issued by a U.S. Government agency.
Other News & PR