Jun. 27, 2014, 8:16 AM
- DuPont (DD) -3.1% premarket after cutting its Q2 and FY 2014 earnings outlook, pointing to slower than expected sales growth in its agriculture and performance chemicals units.
- DD said in a conference call that it expects Q2 operating earnings in its agriculture business to fall in the low teens in percentage terms, with corn pricing in North America expected to be slightly lower than its previous estimate and returns of unused corn seeds in Brazil to be higher than anticipated.
- Dow Chemical (DOW) -0.7% premarket; chemical peers FMC, SYT, MON, LYB, CE and HUN also will be on watch today.
May. 27, 2014, 4:51 PM
Apr. 29, 2014, 6:02 AM
Apr. 28, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABB, AGCO, AIXG, ALR, AMG, ARRY, AXE, BMY, BP, BSX, CARB, CCJ, CHKP, CIT, CMI, CNX, COH, CPLA, CRY, DBD, DDD, DORM, ESV, ETN, FDP, FLWS, FRX, GAS, GEO, GLT, GT, GTLS, HCA, HCBK, HRS, HUN, HW, IPGP, IRWD, KLIC, LG, LKQ, LRN, LYB, MGI, MGLN, MGM, MHFI, MLM, MRK, NMM, NOK, OSK, PCAR, PES, PH, POR, RESI, ROK, RTRX, RYN, S, SAVE, SCOR, SLAB, ST, TRW, UBSI, UDR, UTHR, VAC, VLO, WAT, WDR, WRLD, WWW, XYL.
Apr. 1, 2014, 8:33 AM
- Huntsman (HUN) is the biggest maker of textile dyes but CEO Peter Huntsman says the company will consider selling that business, among other options, unless profitability increases soon.
- The textile effects unit needs to raise its return on net assets to at least 10% in a couple years, from about 2% now, the CEO says; the unit, which earned $16M in 2013 after two years of losses, needs to accelerate returns now that cost cuts are winding down.
- Huntsman says Q1 and Q2 will be "very crucial" for the unit.
Mar. 5, 2014, 2:51 PM
- The EU's competition regulator opens an investigation into Huntsman's (HUN -0.4%) acquisition of the titanium dioxide assets of Rockwood Holdings (ROC -1.9%).
- Announced last year, the $1.1B deal would make HUN the world's second-largest producer of titanium dioxide and inorganic color pigments for uses in paints and industrial coatings.
- The total size of Europe's titanium dioxide market is ~€3B ($4.1B), and the European Commission's preliminary investigation said the proposed transaction would raise competition concerns in the market.
Feb. 11, 2014, 8:39 AM
- Huntsman (HUN) +6.2% premarket after reporting better than expected Q4 earnings, helped by improved demand for pigments and polyurethanes used in foam insulation.
- Polyurethanes, HUN's biggest top-line contributor, posted a 4.1% increase in revenue to $1.23B; revenue from performance products rose 2.5%, and pigments revenue climbed 3.1%.
- Gross margin widened to 16.5% from 16%, after four straight periods of declines; Operating expenses declined 6.9% although input costs rose 2.7%.
Feb. 11, 2014, 6:01 AM| Comment!
Feb. 11, 2014, 12:05 AM
Feb. 10, 2014, 5:30 PM
Feb. 7, 2014, 5:27 PM
Nov. 26, 2013, 7:18 AM
Nov. 11, 2013, 10:54 PM
Oct. 29, 2013, 10:59 AM
- Huntsman (HUN +4.2%) moves higher despite Q3 earnings which fell 45% due to increased operating expenses and weaker margins, though revenues rose 4% to slightly beat expectations.
- Lower selling prices in its biggest business, which makes polyurethane chemicals used to make foam materials and adhesives, led to a 12% drop in the unit's EBITDA.
- Adjusted EBITDA in the pigments business fell 52% due to lower selling prices even as sales volumes rose.
- CEO Peter Huntsman expects demand for titanium dioxide to improve in the coming quarters, partly due to a recovery in automobile and housing industries in North America.
Oct. 29, 2013, 6:02 AM
Oct. 29, 2013, 12:05 AM
- ACI, ACT, AET, AGCO, AGN, ALLT, ALR, AME, AMTD, APD, BP, CIE, CMI, CRS, CRY, CVLT, CYNO, DAN, DDD, DIN, ECL, ETR, EXAS, FDP, FIS, FLWS, GOV, GT, HCP, HRS, HUN, ICON, IIVI, IVR, JBLU, JCI, LLL, LYB, MDC, MSO, MWV, NGD, NOK, OXY, PAG, PBI, PCAR, PFE, RTIX, SCHN, SNH, ST, SUI, TECH, TRI, TRW, TWI, UBS, UDR, UTHR, VLO, VSH, WM, X, XRAY, XYL
HUN vs. ETF Alternatives
Huntsman Corp is a manufacturer of differentiated organic chemical products and of inorganic chemical products. It operates in five segments: Polyurethanes, Performance Products, Advanced Materials, Textile Effects and Pigments and Additives.
Other News & PR