Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
Husky Energy Inc Q2 2010 Earnings Call TranscriptJul 31, 2010
Husky Energy Inc. Q1 2010 Earnings Call TranscriptMay 31, 2010
There are no News articles on HUSKF.
HUSKF vs. ETF Alternatives
Wednesday, Dec 113:40 PMKeystone seen as bigger for oil sands producers than builder TransCanada
Wednesday, Dec 113:40 PM| 11 Comments
- The U.S. decision on the Keystone XL pipeline is becoming more critical for oil sands producers such as Canadian Natural Resources (CNQ) and Suncor (SU) than pipeline builder TransCanada (TRP); for producers, Keystone is the earliest export line scheduled to ease bottlenecks which have helped push Canadian heavy crude $27/bbl below the U.S. benchmark.
- CNQ, with 120K bbl/day of capacity booked on Keystone XL, may gain 5% while other producers such as SU, Cenovus (CVE), Husky Energy (HUSKF) and Imperial Oil (IMO) may rise if the State Department’s review is positive, Cormark predicts, while a negative report could spur a 3% drop for CNQ.
- On the other hand, Keystone XL is only worth C$1.50 to TRP shares whether or not the project is approved, as the company has invested in other projects, according to some analysts.
- John Podesta’s return to the White House places a Keystone opponent within Pres. Obama's inner circle, although he supposedly is recusing himself from issues surrounding the controversial project.
Wednesday, Dec 1110:06 AMHusky Energy sets $4.8B capex budget for 2014
Wednesday, Dec 1110:06 AM| Comment!
- Husky Energy (HUSKF +1.1%) says it plans capital spending of ~C$4.8B in 2014, slightly less than in 2013, and is track for substantial production growth next year, helped by the start of production from the Liwan Gas Project in the South China Sea.
- Husky sees 2014 output averaging 330K-355K boe/day, vs. estimated 2013 production of 312K boe/day; its five-year compound annual production growth target through 2017 is 5%-8% through 2017.
Friday, Nov 157:55 AMChina prepares to open its first deepwater gas project
Friday, Nov 157:55 AM| Comment!
- China's Cnooc (CEO), joining with Canada's Husky Energy (HUSKF), is set to start the pumps at its first deepwater natural gas project, part of China's effort to more than double its use of gas to 10% of the country's energy mix by 2020.
- The Liwan-3 gas field southeast of Hong Kong is expected to go online by early next year and eventually pump ~4% of China's gas supply, with the potential to send more gas to China than current imports from Australia.
- Liwan's initial output of ~300M cf/day will rise to 350M next year when a second, nearby field goes online, and should reach 500M with the connection of a third field more than a year from now.
Thursday, Sep 268:19 AMStatoil announces large oil discovery off Canada
Thursday, Sep 268:19 AM| 3 Comments
- Statoil (STO) discovers up to 600M barrels of recoverable oil at its Bay du Nord prospect offshore Canada, its third discovery in a potential new core production area.
- The discovery in the Flemish Pass Basin off Newfoundland was first announced in August, but STO said a sidetrack well drilled this week had confirmed the significance of the find.
- STO previously made the Mizzen discovery in the same area, expected to hold 100M-200M barrels of recoverable oil, and the Harpoon discovery, which is still under evaluation.
- The Norwegian company is the operator of the discovery and holds a 65% stake; Husky Energy (HUSKF.PK) owns the remaining 35%.
- STO +1.5% premarket.
Wednesday, Aug 143:43 PMWait and see on Petrobras, Barclays believes
Wednesday, Aug 143:43 PM| 2 Comments
- Petrobras (PBR +0.9%) shares look attractive using net asset value analysis, but investors should take a wait-and-see approach since the stock is unlikely to outperform in the next year, Barclays believes.
- While management has made solid progress in terms of efficiency, production has not yet begun to show Y/Y improvement; given PBR’s track record of underperforming production guidance, the firm doesn’t think investors will give the shares credit until reported results confirm management’s guidance.
- Rather than PBR, Barclays suggests Suncor Energy (SU), ConocoPhilips (COP) and Husky Energy (HUSKF.PK) for better risk/reward potentials. (also)
Wednesday, Jun 55:25 PMConocoPhillips (COP), Suncor (SU) and Husky Energy (HUSKF.PK) offer the best value among energy shares, with Exxon (XOM) and Murphy Oil (MUR) at the bottom of the value heap, Barclays says. COP will rely on its "unmatched" North American unconventional oil portfolio to get better returns for its investments, the firm says in upgrading shares to Overweight with an $80 target (from $67). |Wednesday, Jun 55:25 PM| 8 Comments
Wednesday, Feb 69:19 AMHusky Energy (HUSKF.PK) says it earned C$0.48/share in Q4, up from C$0.42 a year earlier; adjusted earnings were unchanged at $C0.50. Production averaged 319.3K boe/day, almost flat Y/Y, while realized refining margins averaged $16.24/bbl, vs. $14.80 a year earlier. Cash flow rose 18% to $1.41B, or $1.44/share. |Wednesday, Feb 69:19 AM| Comment!
Monday, Jan 146:14 PMCanada’s independent oil producers may face months of depressed earnings and weak share prices as they jockey for space on over-full oil pipelines, analysts say. "The shortfall in takeaway capacity is absolutely going to weigh on realized prices for the Canadian producers over the near term on... especially heavy oil, which is at a pretty substantial discount to WTI right now," Macquarie says. |Monday, Jan 146:14 PM| 13 Comments
Tuesday, Dec 182012, 8:54 AMTaiwan's state-owned CPC makes its first foray into deepwater gas exploration and production, teaming with Canada's Husky Energy (HUSKF.PK) to explore off its southwestern coast in the South China Sea. CPC will have an initial 25% working interest in the field, which will double if hydrocarbon reserves of a commercially viable scale are found. |Tuesday, Dec 182012, 8:54 AM| Comment!
Monday, Dec 32012, 5:11 PMHusky Energy (HUSKF.PK) is planning $4.8B in capex in 2013, up from $4.7B this year, as it targets a more aggressive 3%-5% annual production growth rate in the coming years. CEO Asim Ghosh says Husky’s major growth projects in Asia, the oil sands and Atlantic Canada are continuing to meet their milestones. |Monday, Dec 32012, 5:11 PM| Comment!
Wednesday, Jul 202011, 1:44 PM
Tuesday, Nov 302010, 8:24 AMIn BP's (BP -2%) first large new commitment since the Gulf spill, the company says it plans to move forward with its Husky Energy (HUSKF.PK) JV to extract oil from Canadian sands. Environmentalists are likely to protest, as are some shareholders since BP is fully footing the first $2.5B spent on the project. |Tuesday, Nov 302010, 8:24 AM| Comment!
Tuesday, Apr 202010, 1:40 PM
Instablogs are blogs which are instantly set up and networked within the Seeking Alpha community. Instablog posts are not selected, edited or screened by Seeking Alpha editors, in contrast to contributors' articles.