Be smarter and faster with PRO Alerts on HUWHY
From other sites
There is research on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
Hutchison Whampoa's Juggling Act Continues To Create Value
- Hutchison Whampoa owns a highly diverse mix of assets and businesses that operate around the world.
- The best growth opportunities appear to be in European wireless consolidation and Chinese property development and HWL has the capital to support both simultaneously.
- Discounted cash flow and sum-of-the-parts NAV suggests a fair value between $30 and $33.25, enough undervaluation to make these shares worth a close look.
There are no Transcripts on HUWHY.
Aug. 21, 2013, 3:39 PM
- Hutchison Whampoa ((HUWHY.PK), (HUWHF.PK)) unveils the rebranding of its Austrian unit, which acquired Orange Austria for $1.8B in Jan. The Orange brand will disappear and be folded into Whampoa's 3 Austria name.
- Orange's SIM-only plan (€7.50/month) will continue to be offered under the new brand.
- The merged unit is targeting a market share in Austria of 30%, from 24% now. It is offering a sign-up bonus of €100 to new customers in an effort to get there.
Aug. 16, 2013, 9:25 AM
- KKR is indeed among the bidders for Li Ka-shing's Hong Kong supermarket chain, ParknShop, reports Reuters, which says there were at least 7 bids.
- Offers also reportedly came from Australia's Woolworths, Japan's Aeon, China Resources Enterprises, and TPG Capital (with partner).
- Li's Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHY.PK, HUWHF.PK) has set an asking price of $3B-$4B with first-round bids due today.
- Previous: KKR's rumored interest.
Aug. 7, 2013, 2:35 AM
- Wal-Mart (WMT) is reportedly considering participating in an auction for Hong Kong supermarket chain ParknShop, which is valued at up to $4B by owner Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHF.PK).
- The deadline for initial offers is August 16, with KKR (KKR) among those invited to bid; Blackstone (BX) has held talks with banks about financing.
- Wal-Mart, which has over 380 stores in China, could use ParknShop as a platform to expand in the country. The latter operates 345 outlets in Hong Kong, mainland China and Macau, and generated revenue of HK$21.7B ($2.8B) last year.
Apr. 9, 2013, 5:24 AMTelecom Italia (TI) shares +3.6% to €0.595 in Milan following a report that Hong Kong's Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHF.PK) could acquire a 29.9% holding in TI for €1.2 a share. In return, TI would be able to buy Hutchison mobile unit 3 Italia. The deal would make Hutchison the largest shareholder in TI, as its stake would exceed the 22.4% held by the Telco consortium, which includes Telefonica (TEF). | 1 Comment
Jul. 4, 2012, 3:59 AMVodafone (VOD) and Hutchison Whampoa (HUWHY.PK) are negotiating to combine their cellular networks in Ireland, Bloomberg reports. Any deal would add to similar agreements between operators in Europe, such as one between Vodafone and Telefonica's O2 unit in the U.K., as carriers look to lower costs and offer faster downloads. | Comment!
Feb. 3, 2012, 1:16 AM
Jan. 17, 2012, 3:46 AMFrance Telecom (FTE) is reportedly close to finalizing a deal to sell its 35% stake in Orange Austria to Hutchison 3G (a subsidiary of Hutchison Whampoa). The deal, which could get signed within weeks or even days, would value Orange Austria at ~€1B ($1.3B). (previously: FTE sells Orange Suisse) | Comment!
HUWHY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR