Quote & Headlines
5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
To learn more about Seeking Alpha PRO, click here.
There are no Transcripts on HYXU.
There are no News articles on HYXU.
HYXU vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares Global ex USD High Yield Corporate Bond Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses of the Markit iBoxx Global Developed Markets ex-US High Yield Index.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Tuesday, Nov 123:52 PM
Tuesday, Nov 123:52 PM| 9 Comments
- Beginning in 2016, Fridson sees the high-yield default rate averaging 8.4% over the following four years - this compares to the long-run average of 4.5% and the current rate of just 2.5%. Putting those numbers in perspective, it means the number of issuers defaulting will be triple that during the 2008-09 crisis, and double the number defaulting in the 5-year surge beginning in 1999.
- For those who have bid up junk bond prices to an average of 103.2 cents on the dollar, the average yield down to 5.8%, and remain focused on interest rate risk instead of credit risk ... you've been warned.
- Related ETFs: HYG, JNK, BKLN, HYS, HYLD, SJNK, PHB, BSJF, SRLN, SJB, SNLN, BSJE, BSJD, IHY, FTSL, ANGL, BSJI, BSJG, HYXU, PGHY, XOVR, UJB, BSJH, QLTC, SHYG, BSJK, BSJJ
Wednesday, Sep 257:06 AM
Wednesday, Sep 257:06 AM| Comment!
- Simon Property Group (SPG) is the latest in a string of issuers raising money in European debt markets as the yield discount to U.S. paper nears its widest in 4.5 years. Simon is selling €750M of seven-year notes yielding 75 bps over swaps, about 122 bps better than it could get in the States.
- Behind the widening is monetary policy - the Fed is making noises about pulling back from stimulus, while the ECB isn't yet close to that point.
- U.S. high yield ETFs: HYG, JNK, PHB, HYLD, HYS, SJB, UJB, SJNK, ANGL, BSJG, BSJH, BSJI, QLTC, XOVR.
- Int'l high yield: IHY, HYXU, PGHY.
- U.S. investment grade ETFs: U.S.: LQD, CBND, CORP, FLTR, FLRN, ITR, LWC, SCPB, VCIT, VCLT, VCSH, IGU, IGS, CSJ, QLTA, QLTB, BSCI, BSCJ, BSCK, BSCL, BSCM.
- International investment grade: PICB, IBND, IBCB, IBCC, IBCD, IBCE, IBDA, IBDB, IBDC, IBDD.
Friday, Apr 1212:46 PMMore from Gundlach: Bond indexing has been a wonderful strategy for many years, but now the well-followed indexes (BND, AGG) have too short of a duration and are overloaded with Treasurys. The value is in non-traditional sectors like emerging markets (EMB), non-agency MBS, bank loans (BKLN), and global high yield (GHYG). |Friday, Apr 1212:46 PM| 4 Comments
Saturday, Aug 42012, 9:44 AMFocused on what ECB action may be on sovereign debt, markets are underpricing the chance the central bank steps into corporate bonds, opine two Goldman strategists. Measures could include direct purchases of corporate paper or a "funding for lending" scheme (a la the BOE). The moves would allow the ECB to provide market support without violating its mandate against financing of governments. |Saturday, Aug 42012, 9:44 AM| 9 Comments
Tuesday, Jul 242012, 1:33 PMEuropean high-yield investors don't know from troubles there, ahead by 12% YTD with stocks in the tank, writes James Tomlins. He believes a world of microscopic rates, slow growth, and deleveraging has altered correlations, allowing high-yield to perform even as returns to shareholders lag. |Tuesday, Jul 242012, 1:33 PM| 2 Comments
Thursday, Jun 72012, 2:36 PMWhen life deals you lemons ... banks (particularly European ones) cutting back lending activity in Asia is leading to a ramp in the development of the corporate bond market there. Companies (ex-Japan) issued $398B in bonds last year, up 29% Y/Y as syndicated bank loans dove 44%. |Thursday, Jun 72012, 2:36 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Apr 52012, 12:32 PMA new offering of ETFs offers high yield investors greater international - both developed and emerging - exposure. EMHY is designed to track the Morningstar Emerging High Yield Bond Index, the HYXU sticks to developed countries, and the GHYG adds international (developed) exposure to the popular HYG. (PR) |Thursday, Apr 52012, 12:32 PM| 1 Comment