5d 1m 3m 1y 5y 10y
There are 2 articles on this stock available only to PRO subscribers.
There are no News articles on I.
I vs. ETF Alternatives
Intelsat SA provides satellite services. The Company offers satellite services to media companies, fixed and wireless telecommunications operators, data networking service providers for enterprise and mobile applications, multinational corporations.
Monday, Mar 39:32 AM
Monday, Mar 39:32 AM| Comment!
- Autodesk (ADSK -2.7%) has been cut to Sell by Citi. Shares initially rose last week in response to the CAD software giant's FQ4 revenue beat and strong top-line guidance, but later sold off.
- Intuit (INTU +0.3%) has been upgraded to Buy by Citi.
- RF Micro (RFMD +0.7%) has been upgraded to Buy by BofA/Merrill.
- Infosys (INFY -2%) has been cut to Neutral by Baird.
- Intelsat (I -3.5%) has been cut to Neutral by JPMorgan.
- Procera (PKT -1.2%) has been cut to Buy from Strong Buy by Needham in the wake of last Thursday's Q4 miss.
- TDS (TDS +3.8%) and U.S. Cellular (USM +3.3%) have been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
Thursday, Feb 207:40 AM
Thursday, Feb 2012:05 AM|Thursday, Feb 2012:05 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Feb 195:30 PM|Wednesday, Feb 195:30 PM| 3 Comments
Thursday, Feb 69:42 AM
Thursday, Feb 69:42 AM| Comment!
- TriQuint (TQNT +6.9%) has been upgraded to Buy by Needham after beating Q4 estimates and providing soft Q1 guidance that's most likely the result of Apple order cuts (widely expected). Shares are shooting higher after trading lower AH yesterday.
- Level 3 (LVLT +4.5%) has been upgraded to Buy by Canaccord and D.A. Davidson after providing strong guidance in its Q4 report yesterday.
- Veeco (VECO +4.7%) has been upgraded to Overweight by JPMorgan.
- Intelsat (I +4.9%) has been upgraded to Outperform by Wells Fargo.
- Peregrine Semi (PSMI -0.7%) has been upgraded to Outperform by RBC a day after selling off in the wake of a Q4 miss.
- TTM Technologies (TTMI -1.8%) has been cut to Neutral by Longbow Research after providing light Q1 guidance to go with a Q4 beat.
Wednesday, Nov 272013, 1:14 PM|Wednesday, Nov 272013, 1:14 PM| Comment!
Thursday, Oct 312013, 8:44 AM
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 9:13 PM
Wednesday, Aug 142013, 9:13 PM| Comment!
- Singapore Telecommunications (SGAPY.PK -1.2%) has decided to forego selling its Optus Satellite unit, which it acquired in its $9.69B purchase of Australia's Optus back in 2001.
- CEO Chua Sock Koong: "The outcome of the review is that it would create the most value if we continue to keep ... and to invest in the business."
- The company wanted more than $1.8B for the unit. Intelsat (I -2%) and a consortium made up of Blackstone, TPG Capital, and Mayalysia's MEASAT Global reportedly submitted bids last week. A source states the consortium was not willing to make an offer above $1.7B.
- UOB Kay-Hian analyst Jonathan Koh: "SingTel’s management, they feel that it’s a strong and attractive business ... The margins are very high but the direct synergies are very minimal."
Thursday, Aug 82013, 8:32 PM
Thursday, Aug 82013, 8:32 PM| Comment!
- SingTel (SGAPY.PK) has received 2 offers for Optus, its Australian satellite services business, Reuters reports. The Singaporean, state-owned, telecom operator has been shopping the unit since March, and has set a reserve price of $1.8B.
- Newly-public Intelsat (I), the world's largest provider of satellite services, reportedly submitted the first bid ahead of this week's deadline.
- The second offer is said to have come from a consortium made up of Blackstone, TPG Capital, and Mayalysia's MEASAT Global.
- Of the 6 bidders on a short list, France's Eutelsat and SES dropped out in July. It's unknown whether two other names on the list, Apollo Capital and Japan's Sky Perfect JSAT, have submitted bids yet.
- A deal isn't guaranteed to happen. Blackstone's offer is reportedly subject to additional due diligence, and SingTel could choose to float an IPO for Optus if the highest offer for the unit is deemed unsatisfactory.
Thursday, Aug 12013, 5:24 PM
Friday, Jun 72013, 5:54 PMThe FCC is investigating allegations Intelsat (I -1.6%) and other satellite service providers are intentionally limiting their network capacity (by failing to upgrade/replace satellites) to prevent rivals from having enough capacity to lease, and inflating prices for the capacity that is available. Harris' (HRS) CapRock Communications unit is among the disgruntled parties. |Friday, Jun 72013, 5:54 PM| Comment!
Thursday, May 232013, 5:33 PM
Monday, May 132013, 1:50 PMRecent IPO Intelsat (I +6.1%) moves higher today after announcing earlier that it's commenced a solicitation of consents from holders of its 8.5% Senior Notes due 2019. Also, its subsidiary will issue a notice of redemption for its 11.25% Senior Notes due 2017. It intends to redeem the notes on June 12. |Monday, May 132013, 1:50 PM| Comment!
Thursday, May 92013, 9:47 AM
Thursday, Apr 182013, 11:35 AMAfter a lowered price and rough start to trading, Intelsat (I) is turning in a respectable, though unspectacular, IPO day performance. Shares opened at $17 after being priced at $18 (below a prior range of $21-$25), but have since rallied to $18.75, good for a 4.2% gain. That gives the leading satellite service provider, which sold 19.3M shares, a valuation of $1.97B. Intelsat posted 2012 revenue of $2.61B (+1% Y/Y), and a net loss of $149.5M. Free cash flow was -$45M, and total debt stood at $15.9B at year's end. (previous) (F-1) |Thursday, Apr 182013, 11:35 AM| Comment!
Wednesday, Aug 292012, 3:31 PMFacebook wins approval from California to issue stock for its purchase of Instagram. The deal - made up of $300M cash and nearly 23M FB shares - is valued at about $730M now vs. roughly $1B when announced in April. "(I) realize there's upside and downside to all public markets," says Instagram founder Kevin Systrom. "We still firmly believe in the long-term value of Facebook." |Wednesday, Aug 292012, 3:31 PM| 3 Comments
- View all 2 replies
oneinfiniteloop:: Amen to that @seppo2, don't know why he has to keep swearing, but I guess some folks love that kind of talk- I agree Nokia has to take note.
Sunil Shah:: great video! beats the fake ad of the gal on bicycle, which siad: " if you get this phone you get this gal." yeah right. much prefer this!!!
- View all 1 replies
Hillbilly Stock Star:: Could make good REIT imo.