Dec. 5, 2014, 4:21 PM
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:58 PM
- InterDigital's (NASDAQ:IDCC) Q4 guidance is above a sole analyst estimate of $73M, and implies a 16% Y/Y revenue drop at its midpoint.
- The guidance assumes $81M-$84M in recurring revenue (up from Q3's $73.2M), and no contribution from InterDigital's Arima arbitration award (received earlier this year).
- IDCC unchanged AH for now.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:32 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Oct. 28, 2014, 12:11 PM
- InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) has won a Delaware infringement suit against ZTE. ZTE was ruled to be infringing claims in 3 asserted InterDigital patents, and ZTE's attempts to have the claims rejected as invalid (on grounds of obviousness) were rejected.
- Earlier this year, InterDigital saw unfavorable ITC rulings for patents asserted against Nokia and ZTE. Q3 results are due on Thursday.
- The court ruling (.pdf)
- Update: InterDigital has issued a PR.
Sep. 17, 2014, 4:27 PM
- Steven Clontz has informed the company of his intention to retire from the board at the end of his term in June 2015. He'll be succeeded by Doug Hutcheson, who joined the board this summer.
- Clontz joined the InterDIgital (NASDAQ:IDCC) board in 1998 and has been chairman since 2010.
- Source: Press Release
Sep. 12, 2014, 4:18 PM
Aug. 21, 2014, 9:37 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC +0.5%) expects Q3 revenue of $74M-$76M, above a sole analyst estimate of $70.9M. Recurring revenue is expected to total $70M-$72M, down slightly from Q2's $74.3M.
- The 3G/4G IP owner says the guidance doesn't include any contribution from an arbitration award related to its licensing deal with Taiwanese manufacturer Arima.
Aug. 14, 2014, 5:41 PM
- The ITC has decided not to place import bans on Nokia and ZTE phones alleged by InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) to be infringing its IP. (official ruling)
- The decision comes after an ITC administrative law judge ruled against InterDigital in June. Shares plunged in response. Discussing the judge's ruling, the ITC says it has decided "reverse certain findings, to take no position on others, and to terminate the investigation with a finding of no violation."
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:06 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 13, 2014, 1:51 PM
- An ITC administrative law judge has ruled against InterDigital (IDCC -10.8%) in an infringement case against Nokia. The commission still has to make a final ruling.
- Shares dove last December after the commission ruled against InterDigital in a suit against Nokia, Huawei, and ZTE. Before today's move, they were up sharply in June thanks to InterDigital's Samsung deal.
- Yesterday: InterDigital doubles dividend, announces $300M buyback
Jun. 12, 2014, 10:37 AM
Jun. 12, 2014, 10:22 AM
- 9 days after announcing its big Samsung licensing deal, InterDigital (IDCC +1%) announces it's doubling its quarterly dividend to $0.20/share, and launching a new $300M buyback to replace an existing $200M authorization.
- The new dividend implies a forward yield of 1.65%. The first payment is due on July 23 to shareholders on record as of July 9.
- The new buyback is good for repurchasing 15% of shares at current levels. InterDigital had $107M remaining under its old buyback.
- CEO Bill Merritt has said InterDigital is now set to receive $300M/year in revenue from the 50% of the phone market covered by its licensing deals, and hopes to come to terms with still-unsigned Apple.
Jun. 3, 2014, 6:45 PM
- After rising 20.7% in regular trading on news of its Samsung deal, InterDigital (IDCC) is up another 3.4% AH after CEO Bill Merritt provided upbeat comments (video) on CNBC.
- Merritt states the Samsung pact is "potentially a 10-year deal." He adds the licensing terms mesh with InterDigital's traditional rate structure, and suggests the company is now set to get ~$300M/year in revenue from the 50% of the mobile phone market covered by licensing deals.
- The deal covers "future generation devices" (e.g. 5G) through 2017. InterDigital is now hoping to reach "a comprehensive agreement" with Apple.
Jun. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
IDCC vs. ETF Alternatives
InterDigital Inc designs and develops technologies that enable and enhance wireless communications and capabilities. The Company is a contributor of intellectual property to the wireless communications industry.
Other News & PR