Aug. 7, 2014, 8:06 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 13, 2014, 1:51 PM
- An ITC administrative law judge has ruled against InterDigital (IDCC -10.8%) in an infringement case against Nokia. The commission still has to make a final ruling.
- Shares dove last December after the commission ruled against InterDigital in a suit against Nokia, Huawei, and ZTE. Before today's move, they were up sharply in June thanks to InterDigital's Samsung deal.
- Yesterday: InterDigital doubles dividend, announces $300M buyback
Jun. 12, 2014, 10:37 AM
Jun. 12, 2014, 10:22 AM
- 9 days after announcing its big Samsung licensing deal, InterDigital (IDCC +1%) announces it's doubling its quarterly dividend to $0.20/share, and launching a new $300M buyback to replace an existing $200M authorization.
- The new dividend implies a forward yield of 1.65%. The first payment is due on July 23 to shareholders on record as of July 9.
- The new buyback is good for repurchasing 15% of shares at current levels. InterDigital had $107M remaining under its old buyback.
- CEO Bill Merritt has said InterDigital is now set to receive $300M/year in revenue from the 50% of the phone market covered by its licensing deals, and hopes to come to terms with still-unsigned Apple.
Jun. 3, 2014, 6:45 PM
- After rising 20.7% in regular trading on news of its Samsung deal, InterDigital (IDCC) is up another 3.4% AH after CEO Bill Merritt provided upbeat comments (video) on CNBC.
- Merritt states the Samsung pact is "potentially a 10-year deal." He adds the licensing terms mesh with InterDigital's traditional rate structure, and suggests the company is now set to get ~$300M/year in revenue from the 50% of the mobile phone market covered by licensing deals.
- The deal covers "future generation devices" (e.g. 5G) through 2017. InterDigital is now hoping to reach "a comprehensive agreement" with Apple.
Jun. 3, 2014, 12:46 PM
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:25 AM
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:23 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC) has struck a multi-year, royalty-bearing licensing deal with Samsung related to the use smartphone giant's sale of 3G, 4G, and "certain future generation" devices.
- The deal ends a long-running dispute with a company estimated by IDC to have 24.5% of the 2013 mobile phone market (in terms of units), and 31.3% of the smartphone market.
- With the Samsung deal in tow, InterDigital now expects Q2 revenue of $172M-$210M, far above prior guidance of $65M-$72M. Recurring revenue is now expected to be in a range of $72M-$80M (up from $55M-$57M), and revenue from past sales $100M-$130M (up from just $10M-$15M).
- The company adds that it still only has "roughly have of the market under license," leaving plenty of room for additional recurring revenue growth.
- 12.3% of the float was shorted as of May 15.
May 19, 2014, 6:59 PM
- The American Arbitration Association has granted InterDigital (IDCC) a "partial final award" of $14.5M plus interest and related fees/costs in a patent dispute with Taiwanese phone vendor Arima Communications related to Arima's license with InterDigital. (8-K)
- A final award will be issued "once the remaining amounts have been determined."
May 1, 2014, 8:38 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Apr. 8, 2014, 5:38 PM
Mar. 6, 2014, 4:10 PM
Feb. 26, 2014, 9:19 AM
- EU regulators have dropped an antritrust probe of InterDigital's (IDCC) 3G patent licensing fees in response to InterDigital's settlement with Huawei, the company that originally raised the issue with the EU.
- The EU has stepped up its scrutiny of standards-essential patent licensing practices in recent years, as evidenced by its ongoing probe of Samsung's use of standards-essential IP in its legal battles.
- Last week, the Chinese government announced it's in settlement talks with InterDigital.
Feb. 20, 2014, 2:58 PM
- In addition to beating Q4 estimates, InterDigital (IDCC +7%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $54M-$59M, above a $53.8M consensus. The company says the guidance only accounts for recurring revenue streams (e.g. royalties), and excludes the potential impact of new deals and/or settlements.
- Q4 revenue blew away estimates thanks to the recognition of $36.4M in past royalty revenue, primarily from Pegatron (previous). Royalty and tech solutions revenue rose 34% Y/Y to $63.3M due to arbitration awards in disputes with Apple, Pegatron, and a technology solutions partner.
- Excluding a $12.5M restructuring charge taken a year ago, opex rose 9% Y/Y to $61.7M, thanks in large part to a 16% increase in patent admin/licensing costs to $36.2M.
- Q4 results, PR
IDCC vs. ETF Alternatives
InterDigital Inc designs and develops technologies that enable and enhance wireless communications and capabilities. The Company is a contributor of intellectual property to the wireless communications industry.
Other News & PR