Mon, Jan. 26, 5:41 PM
- InterDigital's (NASDAQ:IDCC) Q4 report arrives before the open on Thursday, Feb. 19. CC at 10AM ET. CC at 10AM ET.
- The 2-analyst consensus is for revenue of $85.9M (-13.8% Y/Y), and EPS of $0.31. Shares +15% since InterDigital posted a Q4 beat on Oct. 30.
- Separately, the company has announced an ITC evidentiary hearing for its infringement case against Nokia and Microsoft has commenced. InterDigital is alleging infringement of two 3G W-CDMA patents, and seeking import bans on infringing hardware.
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:58 PM
- InterDigital's (NASDAQ:IDCC) Q4 guidance is above a sole analyst estimate of $73M, and implies a 16% Y/Y revenue drop at its midpoint.
- The guidance assumes $81M-$84M in recurring revenue (up from Q3's $73.2M), and no contribution from InterDigital's Arima arbitration award (received earlier this year).
- IDCC unchanged AH for now.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:32 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Aug. 21, 2014, 9:37 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC +0.5%) expects Q3 revenue of $74M-$76M, above a sole analyst estimate of $70.9M. Recurring revenue is expected to total $70M-$72M, down slightly from Q2's $74.3M.
- The 3G/4G IP owner says the guidance doesn't include any contribution from an arbitration award related to its licensing deal with Taiwanese manufacturer Arima.
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:06 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:23 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC) has struck a multi-year, royalty-bearing licensing deal with Samsung related to the use smartphone giant's sale of 3G, 4G, and "certain future generation" devices.
- The deal ends a long-running dispute with a company estimated by IDC to have 24.5% of the 2013 mobile phone market (in terms of units), and 31.3% of the smartphone market.
- With the Samsung deal in tow, InterDigital now expects Q2 revenue of $172M-$210M, far above prior guidance of $65M-$72M. Recurring revenue is now expected to be in a range of $72M-$80M (up from $55M-$57M), and revenue from past sales $100M-$130M (up from just $10M-$15M).
- The company adds that it still only has "roughly have of the market under license," leaving plenty of room for additional recurring revenue growth.
- 12.3% of the float was shorted as of May 15.
May. 1, 2014, 8:38 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 20, 2014, 2:58 PM
- In addition to beating Q4 estimates, InterDigital (IDCC +7%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $54M-$59M, above a $53.8M consensus. The company says the guidance only accounts for recurring revenue streams (e.g. royalties), and excludes the potential impact of new deals and/or settlements.
- Q4 revenue blew away estimates thanks to the recognition of $36.4M in past royalty revenue, primarily from Pegatron (previous). Royalty and tech solutions revenue rose 34% Y/Y to $63.3M due to arbitration awards in disputes with Apple, Pegatron, and a technology solutions partner.
- Excluding a $12.5M restructuring charge taken a year ago, opex rose 9% Y/Y to $61.7M, thanks in large part to a 16% increase in patent admin/licensing costs to $36.2M.
- Q4 results, PR
Feb. 20, 2014, 8:33 AM| Comment!
Feb. 20, 2014, 12:05 AM| Comment!
Feb. 19, 2014, 5:30 PM| 3 Comments
Nov. 4, 2013, 11:01 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC -2.8%) expects Q4 revenue of $80M-$83M, of which $53M-$56M will come from "current revenue" and $27M from "the interplay between awards received under two separate customer arbitrations." While guidance easily exceeds a $57M consensus, the arbitration figure was disclosed last Thursday in InterDigital's Q3 report, which led shares to surge. (PR)
- InterDigital, whose quarterly royalties are based on the prior quarter's sales, says it saw a drop in royalties from some "historically strong per-unit licensees" (BlackBerry and HTC are likely culprits), but adds new licensing deals with contract manufacturers and diversifying OEM supply chains (i.e. the use of more contract manufacturers) will nonetheless allow the company to see major Q/Q growth in recurring IP licensing revenue.
Oct. 31, 2013, 1:54 PM
- Thanks to a $51.6M arbitration award related to past sales from contract manufacturer Pegatron, InterDigital's (IDCC +11.6%) Q3 revenue ($110.6M) and EPS ($0.64) were far above a consensus of $53.4M and $0.01.
- Moreover, the 3G/4G IP owner expects to recognize ~$27M in past revenue in Q4 due to "the interplay between awards received under two separate customer arbitrations." InterDigital announced a favorable arbitration ruling in August.
- InterDigital's per-unit royalty revenue rose 11% Y/Y in Q3 to $26.3M. However, its fixed-fee royalty revenue was halved to $16.9M due to the expiring of the 3G portion of a license deal with Samsung.
- Earnings were boosted by a 19% Y/Y drop in patent administration/licensing spend (inc. legal expenses) to $36.8M. R&D spend fell 4% to $15.8M thanks to last year's restructuring.
IDCC vs. ETF Alternatives
InterDigital Inc designs and develops technologies that enable wireless communications and monetizes such technologies used in digital cellular and wireless products and networks, including 2G, 3G, 4G and IEEE 802-related products and network.
Other News & PR