Mon, May 11, 5:14 PM
- Two weeks after posting its Q1 results, InterDigital (NASDAQ:IDCC) says it expects Q2 revenue of $89M-$91M, below a 2-analyst $93M consensus.
- Nearly all of the revenue is expected to come from recurring sources. The guidance is only based on royalty reports received to date, and doesn't assume any new deals, arbitration rulings, or settlements.
- InterDigital is down fractionally AH. Shares closed today $1.50 below a 52-week high of $57.62.
Wed, Apr. 29, 8:33 AM
Tue, Apr. 28, 5:30 PM
- ABB, ACCO, ADT, AME, AMED, ANTM, AVY, BC, BEN, BGCP, BOKF, CBG, CCJ, CFR, CRI, CVE, DHX, DX, DXYN, EDR, ETN, EVER, EXC, FCAU, FCH, FDML, FI, FUN, GD, GEL, GIB, GRMN, GRUB, GT, HCBK, HERO, HES, HLT, HOT, HUM, ICON, IDCC, IP, ISSI, LFUS, LINE, LL, LVLT, MA, MDLZ, MTOR, MWV, NEE, NOC, NSC, NYCB, OCR, PCG, PX, Q, RES, ROL, SAIA, SAVE, SLAB, SLGN, SNCR, SO, SPIL, SPR, SPW, TRI, TWX, UMC, VRX, WEX, WM, WOOF
Thu, Feb. 19, 8:02 AM
Wed, Feb. 18, 5:30 PM| 7 Comments
Mon, Jan. 26, 5:41 PM
- InterDigital's (NASDAQ:IDCC) Q4 report arrives before the open on Thursday, Feb. 19. CC at 10AM ET. CC at 10AM ET.
- The 2-analyst consensus is for revenue of $85.9M (-13.8% Y/Y), and EPS of $0.31. Shares +15% since InterDigital posted a Q4 beat on Oct. 30.
- Separately, the company has announced an ITC evidentiary hearing for its infringement case against Nokia and Microsoft has commenced. InterDigital is alleging infringement of two 3G W-CDMA patents, and seeking import bans on infringing hardware.
Nov. 13, 2014, 4:58 PM
- InterDigital's (NASDAQ:IDCC) Q4 guidance is above a sole analyst estimate of $73M, and implies a 16% Y/Y revenue drop at its midpoint.
- The guidance assumes $81M-$84M in recurring revenue (up from Q3's $73.2M), and no contribution from InterDigital's Arima arbitration award (received earlier this year).
- IDCC unchanged AH for now.
Oct. 30, 2014, 8:32 AM
Oct. 29, 2014, 5:30 PM
- ABC, ABMD, ACIW, ACOR, ALLE, ALU, AMAG, AMT, ANR, APD, APO, ATK, AUDC, AVP, BCO, BG, BGCP, BLL, BWA, CAH, CARB, CBM, CEVA, CI, CME, CNSL, COP, COR, CRCM, CRNT, CRR, CVI, CVRR, DBD, DFT, DHX, DST, EPD, EXLS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, GBX, GEL, GG, GLOP, GNC, GOV, GTI, GTLS, HAR, HEES, HGG, HST, I, IDA, IDCC, INCY, INGR, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, ITC, IVZ, JCI, K, KCG, KEM, KMT, LAD, LECO, LKQ, LLL, LPLA, LRN, MA, MD, MDC, MDXG, MGM, MMYT, MO, MOD, MOS, MPC, MPLX, MPW, MSCI, MZOR, NEO, NGD, NI, NILE, NOV, NVO, NYT, O, OAK, OCN, ODFL, OXF, PBI, PCRX, PEG, Q, RDEN, RDN, RDS.A, RFP, RGLD, RTIX, SCG, SHOO, SMP, SNAK, SPAR, SSE, STRA, STRZA, SUI, TASR, TEVA, THRM, TRI, TWC, UAN, UPL, USAC, VICL, VNTV, WLT, WST, WWE, XEL
Aug. 21, 2014, 9:37 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC +0.5%) expects Q3 revenue of $74M-$76M, above a sole analyst estimate of $70.9M. Recurring revenue is expected to total $70M-$72M, down slightly from Q2's $74.3M.
- The 3G/4G IP owner says the guidance doesn't include any contribution from an arbitration award related to its licensing deal with Taiwanese manufacturer Arima.
Aug. 7, 2014, 8:06 AM
Aug. 6, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAON, AES, AFSI, AINV, AMCX, ATHM, AUXL, BCE, BDBD, BPI, BR, CBB, CCOI, CECE, CECO, CNQ, CQB, CRIS, CTB, DUK, EAT, FUR, FWLT, GBDC, GDP, GLP, GOLD, GTN, HAR, HII, HIMX, HRC, HSC, HSNI, HZNP, ICE, IDCC, IRC, KERX, LAMR, LEAF, LG, LINE, LMIA, LNCE, LPI, LQDT, LXP, LXRX, MFC, MMS, MNK, MONT, MPEL, MPW, MYL, NCT, NRF, NRG, NVO, NXST, NXTM, OGE, ONE, OWW, PBH, PHMD, POZN, PRIM, QIWI, RDN, RGLD, RSTI, RTK, SABR, SATS, SFUN, SGM, SNI, SPH, SRE, SRPT, SSYS, SUNE, TDC, TGH, THS, TICC, TK, TPH, VNDA, WEN, WIN, WMC, WWAV, ZEUS
Jun. 3, 2014, 9:23 AM
- InterDigital (IDCC) has struck a multi-year, royalty-bearing licensing deal with Samsung related to the use smartphone giant's sale of 3G, 4G, and "certain future generation" devices.
- The deal ends a long-running dispute with a company estimated by IDC to have 24.5% of the 2013 mobile phone market (in terms of units), and 31.3% of the smartphone market.
- With the Samsung deal in tow, InterDigital now expects Q2 revenue of $172M-$210M, far above prior guidance of $65M-$72M. Recurring revenue is now expected to be in a range of $72M-$80M (up from $55M-$57M), and revenue from past sales $100M-$130M (up from just $10M-$15M).
- The company adds that it still only has "roughly have of the market under license," leaving plenty of room for additional recurring revenue growth.
- 12.3% of the float was shorted as of May 15.
May 1, 2014, 8:38 AM
Apr. 30, 2014, 5:30 PM
- AAWW, ABMD, ACIW, AFSI, AIT, AMT, ANR, ANSS, ARG, AVP, BBW, BDC, BDX, BG, BGCP, BKCC, BLL, BWA, BZH, CAH, CHD, CI, CIE, CLX, CME, CNP, CNSL, COP, CPN, CRCM, CROX, CVI, CVRR, DIN, DPZ, ENDP, EPD, EXAS, FCH, FCN, FIG, FIS, FSS, FUR, GG, GNRC, GWR, HAR, HEP, HSNI, HST, I, IART, IDA, IDCC, IIVI, INCY, IQNT, IRDM, IRM, IT, ITC, ITT, IVZ, JAH, K, KMT, LAZ, LINE, LLL, LM, MA, MD, MDC, MFA, MFC, MPC, MPLX, MSI, MTOR, MWW, MYL, NGLS, NILE, NNN, NVO, O, OAK, OCN, OGE, PCG, PCRX, PEG, PMC, PPL, PRLB, PTRY, PWE, PWR, Q, RFP, RGLD, RRD, SBH, SFY, SHOO, SHPG, SMP, SNMX, STRZA, SWC, TEVA, THRM, TMUS, TXT, UAN, UPL, VG, VIAB, VICL, WLT, WWE, XEL, XOM, YRCW.
Feb. 20, 2014, 2:58 PM
- In addition to beating Q4 estimates, InterDigital (IDCC +7%) is guiding for Q1 revenue of $54M-$59M, above a $53.8M consensus. The company says the guidance only accounts for recurring revenue streams (e.g. royalties), and excludes the potential impact of new deals and/or settlements.
- Q4 revenue blew away estimates thanks to the recognition of $36.4M in past royalty revenue, primarily from Pegatron (previous). Royalty and tech solutions revenue rose 34% Y/Y to $63.3M due to arbitration awards in disputes with Apple, Pegatron, and a technology solutions partner.
- Excluding a $12.5M restructuring charge taken a year ago, opex rose 9% Y/Y to $61.7M, thanks in large part to a 16% increase in patent admin/licensing costs to $36.2M.
- Q4 results, PR
IDCC vs. ETF Alternatives
InterDigital Inc designs and develops technologies that enable and enhance wireless communications and capabilities. The Company is a contributor of intellectual property to the wireless communications industry.
Other News & PR