Inditex Has Surged Sharply In 2012 (And It's From Europe)
There are no Transcripts on IDEXY.
Thu, Sep. 18, 10:44 AM
- Uniqlo (OTCPK:FRCOY) aims to have 39 stores up and running in the U.S. by the middle of November as it builds out its fast-fashion brand with consumers.
- The company has a goal to have 200 stores in the U.S. by 2020.
- What to watch Though traditional rivals for Uniqlo include Zara (OTCPK:IDEXY), Hennes & Mauritz (OTCPK:HMRZF), and Gap (NYSE:GPS) - an explosive growth run by Uniqlo could threaten clothing chains (AEO, ARO, ANF, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE, URBN, WTSL, JNY, CACH, CATO, BEBE, TLYS) up and down the retail sector over the longer term.
Wed, Aug. 27, 12:27 PM
- Fast-fashion leader Zara pulled a shirt being marketed to young children due its historically-significant resemblance to a concentration camp uniform.
- The blue-and-white striped shirt with a six-point yellow star was intended to be a Sheriff T-shirt, but created a social media uproar for insensitivity.
- What to watch: The fast-fashion industry and has been lauded for its speed-to-market and on-trend capabilities, but has been also subject to marketing misfires in the haste to promote.
- Zara is owned by Inditex (OTCPK:IDEXY).
Wed, Apr. 9, 11:09 AM
- Fast-forward companies have the scale to continue to put the pricing hammer to teen retailers (AEO, ARO, ANF, GPS, PSUN, ZUMZ, EXPR, BKE), according to analysts.
- Though the group has been shifting strategy to align closer to the new styles and pricing points that teenagers want, fast-fashion giants such as Hennes & Mauritz (HMRZF), Fast Retailing (FRCOY), and Inditex (IDEXY) appear to be at least a step ahead.
- What to watch: Critical to the successful transition of any teen retailer toward a fast-fashion model will be the ability to retool supply chains and cut down manufacturing turnaround times. Gap might have the edge in this area..
IDEXY vs. ETF Alternatives
Other News & PR