There are no Transcripts on IGOV.
Wed, Jul. 2, 6:37 AM
- Portugal will offer a new 10-year U.S. dollar-denominated government bond, which already has a pre-sale demand above $2B.
- The issuance will be launched in October, and displays Portugal's new financial standing after an exit from its three-year bailout program in May.
- The initial price guidance for the bond is attractive to investors looking for higher yield, and will be priced 265 basis points above Treasurys, at a yield of around 5.20%.
- ETFs: EU, BWX, BNDX, IGOV, DI, LDUR, FWDB
Mon, Jun. 9, 11:46 AM
- The U.S. 10-year Treasury yield of 2.62% is 72 basis points higher than that of the G-7 average, the largest spread since April 2010, according to Bloomberg.
- Earlier this morning, the yield on Spanish 10-year paper fell below that of Treasurys, also for the first time since 2010.
- Trying to come up with a reason other than sheer madness, analysts point to the divergence of monetary policy between the U.S. and Europe, noting the ECB last week cut rates and hinted at QE, while the U.S. is tapering and eyeing rate hikes as soon as mid-2015.
- ETFs: TBT, TLT, TMV, TBF, EDV, EU, TMF, TTT, BWX, BNDX, ZROZ, SBND, TLH, DLBS, VGLT, UBT, PLW, IGOV, GOVT, TLO, ITLY, TENZ, ITLT, LBND, TYBS, DLBL
Tue, Jan. 7, 4:44 AM
- Ireland's first bond sale since exiting its EU bailout appears set to be a blockbuster, with the government reportedly receiving indications of interest worth €9B for the planned sale of €3B in 10-year debt.
- The demand has caused the yield on existing 10-year paper to drop 8 bps to an eight-year low of 3.27% compared with a peak of 15% in 2011.
- Based on early orders, the new notes will carry interest of 3.55%.
- ETFs: BWX, BNDX, EIRL, IGOV, BWZ, ISHG
Jun. 5, 2013, 10:09 AMVanguard finally moves into the international and emerging bond market ETF space, launching today its Total International Bond ETF (BNDX) with expense ratio of 0.20% and its Emerging Markets Government Bond ETF (VWOB) with expense ratio of 0.35%. Both are hedged against currency exposure. Possible competitors include: GLCB, IGOV, EMB. | Comment!
Mar. 18, 2013, 4:57 AMRon Rowland offers additional highlights on the recently expanded lineup of commission-free ETFs over at Fidelity including the following caveat: Funds not held for 30 days by retail investors or 60 days by RIAs using Fidelity as a custodian will be subject to a $7.95 per-trade commission. Some RIAs have complained that the longer holding period directed at them is unfair. Rowland spells out the full list of affected ETFs here. | Comment!
Jul. 25, 2012, 1:05 PMStable or shrinking yield premiums to Treasurys suggest some emerging market sovereign debt is emerging as a safe-haven play. Of note are Mexico, Brazil, and Colombia, but the Philippines and Indonesia are also on the list of those not necessarily selling off every time markets go into "risk off" mode. | Comment!
Apr. 11, 2012, 10:44 AM
Jan. 3, 2012, 5:55 AM
Aug. 5, 2011, 4:53 AM
Aug. 5, 2011, 4:22 AMFurther increases in Italian and Spanish bond yields make a mockery of the ECB's buying of just Irish and Portuguese debt. Italian 10-year bond yields hit more fresh euro-era highs, rising 0.15 percentage point to 6.35%. Those of Spain hit 6.358%. Meanwhile, the yield on gilts touches a record low of 2.59%. | Comment!
Apr. 30, 2011, 8:15 AMTim Geithner and Treasury may not be intentionally holding down the dollar, but that doesn't mean it's poised for any kind of rally. There are still ways to profit from the incredible shrinking greenback, including large-cap heavy exporters, international bonds, gold (of course), and some - not all - foreign currencies. | 2 Comments
Apr. 7, 2011, 5:05 PM
Mar. 24, 2011, 5:53 PMIt looks like the IMF has finally gotten the memo, declaring in a blog post that government bonds are not the risk-free asset they once were. The main implication being that sovereign paper now assumes the characteristics of a credit instrument - the price mainly reflects probability of default. | 9 Comments
IGOV vs. ETF Alternatives
The iShares S&P/Citigroup International Treasury Bond Fund seeks investment results that correspond generally to the price and yield performance, before fees and expenses, of the S&P/Citigroup International Treasury Bond Index Ex-US.
See more details on sponsor's website
See more details on sponsor's website
Find the right ETFs for your portfolio: Seeking Alpha's new ETF Hub
- In Your Portfolio: A Guide to International and Emerging Market Government Bond ETFs
- Asset Class Performance: Bonds
Other News & PR