Tue, Feb. 10, 4:50 PM
Thu, Feb. 5, 1:24 PM
- The Restoration of America's Wire Act bill was re-introduced in Congress this week.
- Supporters of the bill, which aims to ban online gambling, are testing the new climate in D.C. with the introduction.
- Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware are the only states to have established online gambling since the DOJ decision of 2011 on the issue.
- Related stocks: OTCQB:TPCA, PNK, CZR, PENN, LVS, BYD, WYNN, MGM, MCRI, ISLE, CNTY, IGT.
- Related ETFs: BJK
Tue, Jan. 27, 4:25 PM
Fri, Jan. 2, 10:06 AM
- The campaign to grow Internet gambling stumbled in 2014 with no new states adopting online betting rules and the three states with legal online gambling - New Jersey, Nevada, Delaware - only seeing moderate growth rates.
- Formidable opposition from within the industry stalled some of the growth efforts.
- What to watch: PokerStars (OTCPK:AMYGF) seeks a license in New Jersey and online gambling advocates are pushing for a bill in California.
- Related stocks: CZR, WYNN, MGM, BYD, PENN, IGT, SGMS.
Dec. 2, 2014, 6:43 AM
- Gtech (OTCPK:GTKYY) is going ahead with its planned merger with International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT) after dissenting shareholders exercised their right to sell their shares back to Gtech.
- Gtech will publish final details on the exercise of the so-called exit rights on Dec. 12.
- Previously: Gtech to buy IGT for $4.7B
Nov. 11, 2014, 5:32 PM
Nov. 6, 2014, 4:07 PM
Sep. 26, 2014, 7:42 AM
Aug. 20, 2014, 8:41 AM
Aug. 1, 2014, 7:50 AM
- The combination of Scientific Games (NASDAQ:SGMS) and Bally Technologies (NYSE:BYI) will create a gaming and lottery juggernaut able to stir up $220M in annual cost synergies and $25M in annual capex spending savings, according to the companies.
- The pairing will also see "accelerated utilization" of various tax attributes on U.S. income which will help the bottom line.
- The lush premium paid for Bally could give a lift sector peers Multimedia Games (NASDAQ:MGAM) and International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT) today.
- Premarket: IGT +1.9%, MGAM no action yet.
Jul. 29, 2014, 4:13 PM
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Jul. 16, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jul. 16, 2014, 5:56 AM
- Gtech (OTCPK:GTKYY) has agreed to buy International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT) in a cash and stock deal worth $4.7B.
- Gtech will pay an 18% premium on IGT's yesterdays closing stock price of $15.50 per share. Total transaction value is approximately $6.4B, as Gtech will assume $1.75B in existing IGT debt.
- At a time when the gambling industry is experiencing slower growth, the new deal will link the world’s main provider of lottery systems with the largest slot-machine maker.
- IGT +8.7% premarket
Jul. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jun. 27, 2014, 10:05 AM
- Started at Buy are Wynn Resorts (WYNN -0.2%), Multimedia Games (MGAM +1.5%), MGM Resorts (MGM), and Melco Crown (MPEL +0.7%).
- Initiated at Neutral are Bally Technologies (BYI -0.3%), International Game Technology (IGT -0.1%), Las Vegas Sands (LVS -0.5%), Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK +0.6%), and Scientific Games (SGMS -1.4%).
- Underperform: Boyd Gaming (BYD -1.2%).
- In other news, Las Vegas Strip win revenue of $592.9M in May rose 17.3% Y/Y according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The state's nonrestricted gaming licensees reported total gaming win of $970M in May, up 8.1% from a year ago.
IGT vs. ETF Alternatives
International Game Technology PLC is an end-to-end gaming company. The Company is engaged in providing lottery and gaming technology solutions and services from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming.
Other News & PR