Jul. 29, 2014, 4:13 PM| Comment!
Jul. 28, 2014, 5:35 PM
- ACHC, ACMP, AEC, AEGN, AEGR, AFL, AJG, AMCC, AMGN, AMP, APC, APU, ARI, AXP, AXS, BGFV, BLDP, BOOM, BWLD, BXP, CALX, CAP, CBG, CBL, CEB, CEMP, CHMT, CHRW, CINF, CLD, CLMS, CPWR, CRAY, CSLT, CVD, DLR, DOX, DWA, EEFT, EQR, ESRX, EW, EXAM, EZPW, FARO, FBP, FISV, GAS, GNW, GPN, GPRE, HTA, HURN, IGT, INAP, INVN, IPHI, IVR, KIM, LNDC, MAR, MOVE, NATI, NCR, NEM, NEU, NFX, NTRI, NUVA, PEI, PLT, PNRA, QGEN, RBC, RGR, RKT, RNG, RNR, ROG, RPXC, RT, RUBI, SB, SLCA, SM, SQNM, TMH, TRN, TWTR, TX, UGI, ULTI, USNA, VRSK, VRTX, WNC, WSH, WTS, X, XCO, XPO
Jul. 16, 2014, 9:14 AM
Jul. 16, 2014, 5:56 AM
- Gtech (OTCPK:GTKYY) has agreed to buy International Game Technology (NYSE:IGT) in a cash and stock deal worth $4.7B.
- Gtech will pay an 18% premium on IGT's yesterdays closing stock price of $15.50 per share. Total transaction value is approximately $6.4B, as Gtech will assume $1.75B in existing IGT debt.
- At a time when the gambling industry is experiencing slower growth, the new deal will link the world’s main provider of lottery systems with the largest slot-machine maker.
- IGT +8.7% premarket
Jul. 10, 2014, 9:14 AM| 6 Comments
Jun. 27, 2014, 10:05 AM
- Started at Buy are Wynn Resorts (WYNN -0.2%), Multimedia Games (MGAM +1.5%), MGM Resorts (MGM), and Melco Crown (MPEL +0.7%).
- Initiated at Neutral are Bally Technologies (BYI -0.3%), International Game Technology (IGT -0.1%), Las Vegas Sands (LVS -0.5%), Pinnacle Entertainment (PNK +0.6%), and Scientific Games (SGMS -1.4%).
- Underperform: Boyd Gaming (BYD -1.2%).
- In other news, Las Vegas Strip win revenue of $592.9M in May rose 17.3% Y/Y according to the Nevada Gaming Control Board. The state's nonrestricted gaming licensees reported total gaming win of $970M in May, up 8.1% from a year ago.
Jun. 16, 2014, 7:37 AM| 1 Comment
Jun. 13, 2014, 12:43 PM
- Holding company MacAndrews & Forbes is interested in bidding for IGT, as are P-E firms Apollo Global and Carlyle, Reuters reports.
- The news service reported on Monday IGT had "attracted interest from other gaming companies as well as private equity firms," but didn't give names.
- Scientific Games (SGMS) and Bally (BYI) are once more following IGT higher.
Jun. 13, 2014, 8:37 AM| Comment!
Jun. 12, 2014, 5:36 PM
- Cimarex Energy (XEC) +1.5% AH on news it will replace International Game Technology (IGT) in the S&P 500: IGT will replace XEC in the S&P MidCap 400.
- Live Nation Entertainment (LYV) and ARRIS Group (ARRS) will replace Masimo (MASI) and Brink’s (BCO) in the S&P MidCap 400, with the latter two dropping down to the S&P SmallCap 600.
Jun. 9, 2014, 4:00 PM
- Reuters reports IGT (IGT +14.3%) has "attracted interest from other gaming companies as well as private equity firms," as it works with Morgan Stanley to explore a sale.
- Presentations for prospective buyers are reportedly being held. Sources caution uncertainty related to the selloff in IGT's shares could turn buyers away, and that a lengthy regulatory review process might await.
- Tumbling gaming product sales have and soft game operations revenue have led IGT to deliver multiple earnings disappointments. The company's interactive (social gaming) ops have fared better.
- Peers Scientific Games (SGMS +5.1%) and Bally (BYI +1%) have received sympathy bids.
- Earlier: IGT jumps on takeover talk
Jun. 9, 2014, 3:27 PM
May. 24, 2014, 3:39 PM
- Revenue from online gaming continues to disappoint in New Jersey. The Internet win for April for major players Borgata (BYD, MGM), Caesars Interactive (CZR), Trump, and Golden Nugget came in at $11.4M - less than $11.8M brought in during March. Original forecasts called for a take of over $30M a month in 2014.
- Easy access to illegal online gambling operators is thought to be reducing customer traffic. As a result, gaming companies are having a tough time capturing their investments as quickly as anticipated and are turning conservative.
- Boyd Gaming says it will cut advertising after recording a $3.2M loss from its Internet gaming business in Q1, while 888 Holdings (EIHDF) is shifting ad dollars to slots.
- The total gaming win in New Jersey (online and brick-and-mortar casinos) through April is down 1.2% to $874M. (Full report .pdf)
- The impact on brick-and-mortar casino traffic from legalized online gaming has been negligible so far in Nevada as well.
- Related: Online casinos face a hurdle from within the industry
- Casino stocks: TPCA, PNK, PENN, LVS, WYNN, MGM, MCRI, ISLE, CNTY, IGT, BYI, PTEK, MGAM
May. 21, 2014, 12:07 PM
- The American Gaming Association has dropped support for legalizing online gambling after seeing some major divisions between members on how a roll-out should progress.
- Casino heavyweights have bickered over what the regulatory framework should be for the industry.
- Though the launch of online gambling in Nevada, New Jersey, and Delaware hasn't gone as well as expected with offshore operators still dominating, Morgan Stanley forecasted the legal online gambling market could reach $8B a year by 2020.
- Related stocks: TPCA, PNK, CZR, PENN, LVS, BYD, WYNN, MGM, MCRI, ISLE, CNTY, IGT, BYI, PTEK, MGAM
- Related ETFs: BJK
Apr. 23, 2014, 2:07 PM
- IGT (IGT -10.4%) posted FQ2 EPS that was slightly above the guidance provided in a March 25 warning, and reiterated a forecast for FY14 (ends Sep. '14) EPS of $1-$1.10. But the company also reported gaming product sales (40% of revenue) fell 27% Y/Y to $202.6M, after having grown 4% in FQ1. Machine units recognized fell 45% to 7.9K, a reversal from FQ1's 20% growth.
- Gaming operations revenue fell 9% Y/Y to $230.4M (-8% in FQ1), with IGT's installed base falling 6% to 53.4K and yield declining 5% to $47; weaker MegaJackpots revenue is blamed.
- Interactive revenue rose 20% Y/Y to $79.8M (thanks to a 27% increase in social gaming revenue), but that's a slowdown from FQ1's 41%. DoubleDown's MAUs fell 1% to 6.2M after growing 26% in FQ1, but its bookings per DAU rose 16% to $0.43.
- Peers are also lower: BYI -3.9%. MGAM -2.1%. SGMS -4.1%.
- FQ2 results, PR, CC transcript
Apr. 23, 2014, 12:45 PM
IGT vs. ETF Alternatives
International Game Technology PLC is an end-to-end gaming company. The Company is engaged in providing lottery and gaming technology solutions and services from Gaming Machines and Lotteries to Interactive and Social Gaming.
Other News & PR